Doubt

Getting Married To You {Sequel of Guided to You}
Please log in to read the full chapter

#9

When in Doubt

 

"So this girl huh?"

His father was looking busy, checking some papers on his desk when Sehun just entered, he abruptly asked without even stealing a glance at him.

Sehun is stunned by his question, but he just cleared his throat, trying to ease his nervousness.

"What about this girl?" Sehun asked him back. He could hear his father snorted a little and it amused him somehow.

"I know what kind of person are you, Sehun. I know how long you've been fooling around. I know how many pretty girls you've been playing with. I may look like I don't care, but I was always keeping my eyes on you, Sehun. You're my son," his father finally lifted his head up onlu to look at him in his eyes.

Sehun almost scoffed but he halt. He doesn't need his father to tell him that he know, himself, his father always sent someone to follow him around in these following years.

"And don't you think, I don't know about her. I might be know her much more than you," his father said. Sehun furrowed, his eyebrows knitted. His father turned to his drawer and suddenly he pulled out a brown envelope. He took it and put it lightly on the desk.

Sehun is in the middle of the room, standing straight a few meters right in front of his father desk.

His father opened the envelope and revealed some within it, which actually a lot of pictures that has been taken unknowingly.

"I know she was working with us. I don't pay much attention since I knew you prefer some different girls like our secretary or somewhat my client's daughter," his father stopped a while and Sehun gulped as if he is being nervous, caught redhanded by his father. "But surprisingly, I have my agent looking out for you trying to catch this girl's attention," he brought up a picture, "What is it? You've kissed her within a week she was in the company,"

Sehun scanned the picture and he realized it was the first time he kissed her on the club. It was so long time ago, when everything is still awkward between them. He nonchalantly shrugged it off.

His father chuckled, "I thought it was just another fling for you but then after some weeks following you, I realized something is getting real," his father said. He looked out for one exact picture through others and he brought it up, "You even have the gut to bring her home at Seyeon's birthday," he said.

Sehun only sighed. He didn't intentionally bring her home. She was there for the company.

"I would never mind you're going out with someone else, Sehun. I really don't but you know exactly, what I don't like, huh," his father asked again, in deeper and stiff tone. Sehun gulped. He knew where would this heading to.

His father looked up on his drawer once again and he took out another envelope. Only this time is smaller. He revealed what's within it and turned out it to be another bunch of pictures.

"As I could remember and as you've said before. She..," his father brought one picture to the air,"had a boyfriend. And it's not difficult for me to know that it's not just a puppy love or something. They are couple for years," His father stated, "I might not know the whole story but since you're bringing her home now, I wonder how could she be with you and gave up on the relationships she already had,"

"I've seach for her boyfriend too and he is more than enough for the girl to have. their background is similar and he had stable job, good position, fine financial, and his family is pretty good. He is a decent man so why would she gave up in the first place?" his father asked in most intimidating tone Sehun could ever face and he found himself gulp for another lump.

"I think we both knew where was this heading to, Sehun. I hope you understand that I don't want to say it in the first place but would you answer me, Sehun? I just have one question for you. Did you ever have an affair with this girl before?" his father asked, in full of anticipation, his face is harden by the mention of the question. He didn't believe he has to ask his own son this question.

Sehun unwilingly gaped and he blankly stared. By the way he reacted, his father sighed. He leaned his back on his leather chair.

"I always think you're the only person that share the same feeling with me. You know how it works, you know how it feel. We both know. And why would you-"

"Dad, it's understatement. We cannot judge people and you don't know who is she. She is way beyond-"

Please log in to read the full chapter