016

Let Me Barge Into Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol was in his last year of high school and he felt on top of the world. He was captain of the soccer team, number three in class ranking, was bound to get accepted into the schools of his choice, and to top it off he had the cutest and most loving boyfriend ever. Everything was perfect, until she came along.

Being the nice guy that he is, Seungcheol tries to get to know everyone, so when he sees the new girl lost in the hallways he doesn’t hesitate to lend a hand.

“Are you looking for something?”She jumps a bit, but immediately smiles upon seeing the handsome boy in front of her.  

“I can’t seem to find my homeroom. This school is like a maze!” Seungcheol laughs and looks at the paper in her hands.

“You’re in luck, it just so happens that we’re in the same homeroom.”

“Really? That’s great! Lead the way please.”

“With pleasure Miss Kyungju.”

“How do you know my name?”

“It’s on your schedule, silly,” they both laughed.

“And who might you be?”

“Seungcheol. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Likewise.”

They arrived to the classroom and Seungcheol immediately pointed out a seat he knew to be empty and walked her over to introduce her to the student she’d be sitting next to.

“Kyungju, this is Nayoung. Her desk partner transferred about a month ago.”

“I’ve been so lonely ever since, but I guess not after today,” Nayoung joked.

Kyungju smiled and Seungcheol failed to notice that it didn’t reach her eyes. They had five minutes until the teacher came in to start class so Seungcheol excused himself, much to Kyungju’s annoyance.

Jihoon’s locker was right outside of his homeroom so he waited every day for Seungcheol to give him his morning kiss before he went off to his own homeroom. Seungcheol hoped he wasn’t too late and gave his boyfriend a big smile before running to him.

“I almost left.”

“But you didn’t,” he said with a smirk. Jihoon looked around to make sure no one was watching and leaned in to peck his boyfriend’s lips just so he could wipe that stupid grin off his face.

“I’m leaving now or I’ll be late to class. Miss Lee loves me but she’ll still kick my if I’m late.”

“I’ll kiss it and make it better.”

“ off,” he said while rolling his eyes. He couldn’t stop the smile that formed on his lips though.

“See you at lunch?”

“Of course,” then he sprinted off to class.

~

Seungcheol hadn’t seen Kyungju since the end of homeroom. Nayoung had discovered she had the same second period as her so she offered to take her there. Seungcheol had honestly forgotten about the girl until he saw her standing outside the cafeteria doors.

“Kyungju?”

“Seungcheol!”

“What’s wrong? Are you lost again?”

She shook her head, “No, Nayoung told me you were in my lunch period so I thought I’d wait for you. I don’t really know where I’d sit.”

“Oh, well, you can sit with us.”

“Us?”

“Yeah, my group. We all have the same lunch period by some weird miracle.”

“Okay!” She tried not to sound too disappointed. Of course he sits with other people, idiot.

Seungcheol walked her through the different food options and when they both had a tray full of whatever seemed edible that day, they made their way to his table. The others were already seated there. Jeonghan and Jisoo were having a conversation and by the look on Seungkwan’s face, they were being gross and lovey dovey. Soonyoung and Junhui looked to be having some sort of argument meanwhile Hansol and Wonwoo were too focused on scarfing down their food to pay the others any attention. And then there was Jihoon. Seungcheol, completely forgetting about Kyungju next to him, smiled and walked directly behind Jihoon to wrap his arms around him and give his hair a quick kiss.

Seungkwan had had enough, “Okay I get it, hormones and , but can we all chill with the PDA?”

Wonwoo finally turned his attention away from his burger to address his new freshman friend, “One day you and Hansol are going to be the same and I dare you to be offended when someone tells you to stop.”

The others laughed as Seungkwan sat back down, trying to hide the pink tint in his cheeks.

Kyungju cleared .

“Oh right! Sorry about that! Guys this is Kyungju, she’s in my homeroom. Kyungju these are my friends. The cherub looking kid with the attitude is Seungkwan.”

“I take offense to that.”

“The calm one next to him is Hansol.”

Hansol, finally looking away from his tray, nodded at the girl.

“This sarcastic is Wonwoo.”

“When Seungcheol was 12, his mom caught him watching and he was so into it, all he did was tell her to close the door and yell at him later.”

“I’ll get you later for that. The two disgusting lovebirds are Jeonghan and Jisoo,” Jeonghan made a face Seungcheol knew meant trouble for him later and Jisoo simply blushed.

“Nice to meet you,” they both said at the same time, making them blush.

“They’re even in sync,” Seungkwan groaned.

“And this cutie in my arms is Jihoon, my boyfriend.”

Kyungju just stood and stared at the boys in front of her, silent. Even Hansol looked up when he realized no one had spoken, curious as to what happened when he zoned out.

“Uh, Kyungju?”

She snapped out of it and whipped her head towards the boy who had spoken to her, Jihoon.

“Are you okay?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, sorry I guess it was a lot of info to take in. Thanks for inviting me to sit with you Cheol, but I think I’ll go find my friend’s from my other class. I saw them walk in while I waited for you,” She flashed him a smile and turned to walk to the opposite side of the cafeteria.

“I don’t like her,” Seungkwan said as soon as she was somewhat out of hearing range. He could care less but he knew Seungcheol would hit him if he didn’t at least try to be polite.

“You don't like anyone,” muttered Wonwoo.

“I’m a good judge of character, ask Hansol.”

Upon hearing his name, said boy nodded.

“Oh come on he wasn’t even listening!” Wonwoo complained.

“He said to ask me if he was a good judge of character. He is, always has been. Just cause he’s a drama queen doesn’t mean he goes out looking for people to hate.”

“You invited her to sit with us?” asked Jisoo.

“Yeah? I mean, she just waited for me outside the cafeteria and I just told her to sit with us because she said she didn’t know anyone else... I haven’t seen her since the end of homeroom. I didn’t even tell her this was my lunch period. She said Nayoung told her, but how does Nayoung even know my lunch period?”

“For ’s sake, are you seriously confused?” Jeonghan said. By the look on his face, Kyungju had not left a good impression on him either, and Jeonghan always had reasons to hate people, good ones too.

When no one answered, he sighed and continued, “She likes Cheol. She just got upset because she found out she has no chance with him. He’s gay and in a disgustingly cute relationship.”

Everyone was silent until-

“OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH,” Hansol exclaimed.

Seungkwan smacked his arm making him yelp.

Seungcheol looked at Jihoon, who just shrugged. Jihoon wasn’t the jealous type. He knew his boyfriend was hot and he knew people had crushes on him. He didn’t care though because Seungcheol would never cheat on him. He was a good guy.

“I’ll talk to her,” Seungcheol said. He didn’t like leading people on so he knew he had to fix this right away. Things could get worse if he didn’t.

~

He tells Kyungju during homeroom the next day that he wanted to speak to her after school and to meet him on the soccer field because he had practice. He approached her where she sat on the bleachers and immediately starts apologizing to her for not telling her about Jihoon, although he didn’t think there was any need. He told her they could still be friends and hangout-

“Oh shut the up.”

“Excuse me?”

“Listen, I don’t give a if you’re gay or whatever. I’m new here and need something pretty on my arm, and I picked you.”

“Uh-“

“Listen. Go ahead and try to stop me, but I’ll make sure you regret it.”

Seungcheol wasn’t mad. A bit frustrated, but not mad. Still, he wanted to walk away. What kind of bit-

“If only you knew the dirt I have on you. Would you like to know?”

Seungcheol knew she was bluffing. She had to be.

“Maybe I should tell you who my father is first. Does a Dr. Choi ring a bell?”

She wasn’t bluffing. Satisfied by his silence, she continued.

“My parents are divorced and I live with my mom, but I visit dad every summer. Your of a mom is literally always there.”

Now he’s mad.

“I wonder what everyone would say when they find out Choi Seungcheol is the illegitimate child of one of Korea’s most successful doctors? No one’s supposed to know right? Or else your mom loses those weekly checks? She’s really ed up isn’t she? My dad says she’s delusional, she actually thinks he loves her. He never did, and he never will.”

Now his vision was red.

“So you’re going to do everything I say or I wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter