Protective (2)

Light in My Eyes

Sunggyu went out the room and shut the door carefully. He looked like escaping from something.

Phew…… but wait… Why that I felt embarrassing? What did I do??

The confused Sunggyu felt annoying too.

Yah Kim Sunggyu, stop acting like an idiot ok! Stop it!!

Without looking back, he headed to the practice room. This room always looked small to him especially when the 7 of them dancing together, plus the manager hyungs and the dancing teacher…. they used to hit each other accidentally during the dance practice. And when he was alone, the room looked huge! He just lied down on the floor like a boss, too tired to bother for the hard wooden floor or anything else. All he wanted was sleeping.

The sudden vibration in Sunggyu’s pocket made him jumped. He quickly answered the call after he saw the calling ID.

“Neh, yobo… now? In the practice room. Alone, yes…. What? Oh… they went back already, but I felt like practice a little more… I’ll call you tonight okay… nah, I was just tired… Why are you saying funny things, you don’t trust me? Come on, yobo…”

Sunggyu started to feel frustrated. Worse, his soft sigh was heard in the phone.

“No…. Sorry yobo, I didn’t mean that. Really, I swear… I was just sleepy and I yawned…it’s true…. hello… yobo? You there? Hello…?”

Then, the long “dooo….” sound followed. He got hung up. The speechless Sunggyu refused to call back. He knew the troubles awaited him but he just wouldn’t care. He was tired, exhausted, and frustrated. Sleeping and peaceful mind was all he needed. He couldn’t help to sigh heavily and it echoed aloud in the empty room.

It has been a while since they started dating. She was his dream girl, the young and beautiful y type. He was so happy and excited every time they met, and felt so proud for her being so perfect. But now, all he felt was suffocating. He never expected for this. She was also in the industry, a member of an idol group. He thought she would understand his crazy schedule and him being stressful. But he was wrong.

She was really perfect. Beautiful and hot. If only she could stop calling me so many times in a day checking on me, or pissed off when I couldn’t answer the call during the practice or rehearsal or on stage performance… or anything which wasn’t gone as she liked. If only she could understand I could be very tired and need some sleep… or preferred to be alone when feeling stressful. If only she could tolerance with my crazy schedule and stopped being so suspicious to my routine… Ahh… why was she doing this to me? Why me?? She was perfect! She was just….

He sighed the heavy sigh again, crawled to his phone, his beautiful fingers pressed a few times…. Yes, he was calling his girl friend.

“The number you are calling is currently not available. Please try again later.”

Off the phone and threw away to somewhere on the floor. He was too tired for all these. All he needed was sleeping. Soon enough, Sunggyu was on the floor, eyes closed with mouth opened freely. His breathing was slow and even.

When he opened his eyes again, it was 2 hours later. He felt good and forgot about the tension he had with his girl friend. He turned to get his phone, wanted to know what was the time. Then, he noticed someone was lying beside him. It was Lily. Surprised with curious. He wondered why Lily was sleeping on the floor too in the practice room. She could just wake him up.

Why was she sleeping here?

Sunggyu went near and sit beside Lily. Watching the sleeping Lily, he felt calm and peace. He didn’t quite understand why. He never really paid attention to Lily. She was a foreigner brought back by Jung Yeop during their debuted time. She was with them working in Woollim until now. All members including Sunggyu suspected they were in the relationship but they both denied, and they never seem to be a couple too. But no one knew the reason why Jung Yeop brought her to Woollim and insisted her to go everywhere the boys went. According to Jung Yeop, Lily must be there with the boys no matter what they did and no matter where they went.

Still watching the sleeping Lily, his lips curled up without himself realized it. A new feeling grew stronger inside him. Protective. He wasn’t really into Lily, he just couldn’t stand when people treated her badly especially after that incident. He felt really bad for her and turned very protective since then. Like what he always did, protective to the members. This was how he convinced himself.

A phone suddenly rang which made them both jumped. It was Lily’s phone. She quickly answered the call with her eyes half opened.

“Neh… in the office. He’s with me, I know…. neh, I will.”

“It’s CEO-nim. When did you wake up? And why didn’t you wake me up? What’s the time now…. Wow! It’s late! No wonder Jung Yeop called. Aish… why you didn’t wake me up??”

Sunggyu just smiled his hamster smile, he found it really funny when Lily panic and talked non-stop. But he just smiled and said nothing, didn’t want to create another tension with another girl.

Right. I almost forgot. And there was no miscall or sms from her since then. Wonderful. Let me have a peaceful night. I hoped.

They packed everything and jumped into Lily’s car. Or, the company’s car. Jung Yeop treated her really well. A unit of high end condo (same block with the boys’ dorm but different level) for her own stay, and a car for her going everywhere. Of course, she sometimes has to be the driver too. But she never complained, she felt dutiful and doing all good to Jung Yeop, to Woollim, and to the boys.

“What do we eat, noona? I’m so hungry now…. You wanna eat outside? Or call delivery?”

“Delivery, it’s too late to stay outside at the moment. Jung Yeop won’t be happy. I want bibimbab and take what you wan, call for order, would you? ”

“Okay!”

Sunggyu made the phone call and gave Lily’s home address to the restaurant. Lily objected but she couldn’t do anything.

“The kids would finish the food before we arrived! It’s better to send to your place and eat at your place too. They really would grab my food to be honest.”

“Ha-hah… like I would believe you. Who dares to take your food, Leader Gyu?”

“When comes to food, no one is Saint-like….”

It was quite true when applied to the boys. Lily couldn’t help to laugh out loudly, and that amused Sunggyu pretty much. He felt glad that Lily found it funny, and he felt kind of… release… like all the tiredness and frustration were gone just like that. Sunggyu turned to look at the driving Lily. He couldn’t tell why he felt like looking at her again. Twice in an hour. This was something. Simply curious? He couldn’t tell. All he knew that he was no longer frustrated or anxious. Calm, peaceful, and comfortable filled him fully. He really liked it.

Why that my own girl friend couldn’t make me felt as peaceful? Or at least… comfortable?

“Sunggyu, are you alright? ”

“Hmm…? Oh, I was just tired… and hungry. Nothing serious, don’t’ worry.”

And she noticed my stress too… which my girl friend never able to do so….

“We’re reaching soon… and our food too. You stop drooling okay? ”

Her tease made him smile. Sunggyu didn’t know what made him felt delightful, but all his stress were gone after the smile. So simply and he liked it. He smiled again and this time he seemed to realize something. Hung out with Lily made him smile. And, he liked it.