Protective (1)

Light in My Eyes

Sunggyu walked in and lied on the sofa heavily, totally didn’t care about the ‘bang’ noise created by him.

I better don’t bother him. CEO-nim wanted this done by tomorrow, I better hurry up. Concentrate… I told myself. So, I continued my half done work without looking at him again. 

"Noona… "  

"Hmm…? " Didn’t turn to look, eyes on screen kept doing my work. After a while, the room remained silent. I thought he must have fallen asleep just like how he used to be.

Curiously, I turned around to check on Sunggyu, and what I saw was his face inches away from me! He stood beside me bended down and leaned over eyes locked to my laptop screen. I didn’t know how long he stood so close with me, I was startled and frozen looking at him…. and held my breathing without me realising it. With him this close, this was the first time. My mind just couldn’t function until he broke the silence.

"What’s this, noona?"

Without waiting another longer, I turned to look at the screen, regained my concious and resumed my breathing. My cheeks and ears turned warm. I rose my hand supporting my jaw to cover my face, in the hope that he woulnd't notice my sudden blushing. 

Geez…. what was wrong with me…. but this kid been really ‘comfortable’ with me recently. No… it was after that inccident. 

Right. THAT inccident.

I sighed quietly but Sunggyu caught it. "Noona, are you alright?"

"Uh? Oh….. I've been looking at the screen for whole day long, I think my eyes are tired. Don’t worry, nothing serious." I showed him my convincing smile and it worked. He smiled his hamster-smile, continued to look at the screen again.

And very protective. 

"Noona, what are you doing? What’s with all these photos?’ And… what’s this?"

"This? It's called Tumblr, it’s like personal blogs to post everything like status, photos, videos…. Most international fans use Tumblr to share idols’ photos and updates. CEO-nim wants to know what kind of photos international fans love and what they think about you guys. So. I’ll go through their blogs and make a report every week. I started doing this for a few months now."

"Oooh….. Tumblr. But wow… so many photos…. and gifs too. Hey, that’s me… I look hot!" Sunggyu’s eyes shone with his just-found-out-look-hot-gif, and smiled stupidly to himself. I couldn’t help but laughed at his funny reaction.

"Eyy... don’t laugh at me, noona. Wait…. you don’t think I look hot? "

"Of course you are!" Trying hard to hold my laughter. But Sunggyu didn’t buy it, the pouty-Gyu-mode immediately, and also staring at me with his cute little small eyes. I couldn't help to laugh out loud and pinched his both cheeks, "And you’re very cute too!"

"Aish…!" He ecaped from my pinching in light speed. "Nonna, I’m already 26, would you stop calling me cute??" Rubbing his both cheeks and continued, "Call me manly, or dashing, or… charming…. would you?"

"Well, I’m 31, so you’re always a cute young kid to me." I replied him jokingly and teasingly while smiling to him. He looked away annoyingly. Without saying a word, he still rubbing his cheeks.

Oh no…. this was not good, he got really annoyed. But why was he gone jumpy all of the sudden?

"Alright, my manly charming Kim Sunggyu, why are you still here? Aren’t you suppose to go back with the others?"

"Uhm… I feel like to practice for a little while… I'm always the hard working one, remember?" Said Sunggyu dramaticly. "When are you going back, noona? Maybe we can go back together" Said Sunggyu carelessly. 

Overly carelessly. What was it…. still worrying ?

"Sunggyu… I’m alright to go back myself. I drive, remember?"

"Right, so I’m safe to go back with you. Fans can’t be following me then. Maybe we can dinner together too. Should we call for delivery? Send here or to your dorm? Or take away on the way back? Hmm…. maybe we should…… and…… "

Sunggyu went on and on... He looked really cute when mumbling non-stop. I let him finished whatever in his mind, smiling and listened to him patiently. As if found out something, he stopped abruptly then turned to look at me, and then he smiled embarrassly.

"Are you sure you want to stay? I still need about... 1 hour to finish." I checked my file and asked him seriously.

"1 hour is good. Take your time noona, I’ll be practicing in the practice room. See you later… " He smiled to me and left the room like the wind. The workroom remained it's silence.

Sunggyu obviously looked tired. I better finished up quickly so we could go back earlier. Come on… concentrate….

It tookd me about 45 minutes to finish what I have planned. I packed everything and went to the practice room to look for Sunggyu. Weird, there was no music or singing heard from the pracrice rooms.

He wasn’t practicing.

I checked the rooms one by one and opened the doors carefully, trying not to make any sound or noise. I didn’t want to wake him up in case he was sleeping. When I finally found him in one of the rooms, I was glad that my gesture was careful without creating any sound because I was right, Sunggyu was on the floor, eyes closed with mouth openned freely. His breathing was slow and even, he must have slept for some time. I sat beside him carefully and looked at his sleeping face. He looked calm and peaceful.

He shouldn’t have seen it. Now he was burdened with worries for me. Let alone the merger and the schedules were troubling him enough. What should I do….

Seeing him sleeping soundly, I put my stuffs aside carefylly and lied on the floor too.

Ah… well…. dinner can wait, I should just let him rest for a little while.

Then, my mind went mingled with worries and guiltiness….