Merry Christmas (1)

Light in My Eyes
"You really don't want to go with me?"
"It's Nell concert."
"...it's Christmas eve......"
"Fans will be looking for you."
"...I really want to go with you...!"
"Gyu... we talked about this, didn't we...?"
"............"
"Are you... going alone...?" 
"......I'll ask Dongwoo......"
"The concert will be ended around 10pm, it's still early right?"
"You must wait for me, don't go out with friends and don't fall asleep! Wait for me..."
"Yes, I will, unless you want to have supper with Dongwoo... hmm?"
"No, of course! I'll come back right after the concert ended."
"Okay then, and you should call Dongwoo now before it's too late."
"Alright... I'll see you later..."
"Have fun!"
"Thanks...... bye."
"Bye."
 
I ended the phone call and smiled to the stubborn Sunggyu. He had been asking me about it since last month when he bought the tickets. He wouldn't miss the concert but tonight was the only show he could make it because after tonight, they had the lined up year end music shows to attend and also the rehearsals. So, I thought it was really good for him to get some relaxing hours before the endless rehearsals and performances, but he insisted me to go with him because it was Christmas Eve, he felt that we should spend the night together no matter what. Gladly, he was willing to take my advice or he wouldn't be able to enjoy the concert, but felt alert and stressful with me at the audience seats.  
 
After the phone call ended, I went for a shower. When I came out from the bathroom and dried my hair at the dresser, I saw an unread message appeared on my handphone screen. It was from Sunggyu. 
 
'I knew you wouldn't come with me, so I've prepared something to keep you company when I was away. It's under your bed... hope you'll like it. ^_^ '
 
What was that..... the concert was only last for a few hours, he must be feeling really sorry to have left me alone on the Christmas Eve. 
 
I went to look under my bed, and there it was a big box waiting for me to safe it. I took it out and put on my bed, wonder what was inside the box.  Would it be a little puppy or kitty? I didn't think Sunggyu would like the fluffy little living thing. Slowly, I flipped open the cover, then, I couldn't help to smiled sweetly to the first thing that appeared to my eyesight. It was the photo we took at the Han River Park, the one he kissed my face and I smiled so sweetly and embarrassingly. There was a small note on the photo with Sunggyu's hand writing.
 
'I know you feel reluctant to keep it as your phone's wallpaper, but I really want you to see this everyday.'
 
The photo was about A4 size with a wooden frame, I took it out and put on the lamp table beside my bed. I've always felt moving whenever I saw this photo, and now I really have no reason to keep it away. In fact, it was a nice thing to see everyday when I woke up. 
 
Then, it was the shawl he prepared for me during our first date. I didn't notice the brand until now, the expensive and famous brand. It was nicely folded and there was also a small noted with his hand writing.
 
'I bought this at Taiwan, as a memorial for our special day, in the hope to keep you warm always.'
 
I didn't know the shawl was bought at Taiwan, felt really touched that he thought of buying something as memorial for our very own special day. Under the shawl laid a nicely folded cream sweater with a hood, and there was also a note that written:
 
'Same reason, just want to keep you warm, especially now the winter, and you look really nice in this colour. ^_~'
 
Still smiling, I put aside the note and took out the over sized hoodie, it was the style he liked and I wasn't surprise to see the expensive brand tag. Compared with what he usually bought, this was the smaller size that fitted me better and it was in cream, not the dark colours he always wore. I wonder if this was the female collection. 
 
Then, there were two small boxes waited for me patiently. One was a dark grey box which held a black watch inside it. The brand name was the same as Sunggyu's, and the design looked similar with the one he was wearing too, but this one looked a lot smaller, so I guessed this might be the couple watch. I held the watch closer for a better look, it was a very elegant watch and I couldn't think of the price because it would only be one result: very expensive. The note was written:
 
'My wish: to spend every second with you.'
 
I laughed at the sentence and wondered since when he learned the cheesiness from Woohyun. I took a deep breathe and sighed because it wasn't finish yet. 
 
I took out the second box which looked smaller but delicate, when I opened it, a bracelet was resting elegantly inside the box. It was also one of the famous and expensive jewellery brand. From the small booklet I found inside the box, it stated the bracelet was made in white gold. I turned the box over but didn't see any note with it, so I took out the bracelet to have a good look. It was a very simple yet beautiful cuff type bracelet that I would want to wear if it wasn't that expensive. I held it closer to look at the beautiful engraved pattern, then I saw something at the inner edge: 'G ♡ L' . I touched the beautiful cursive letters and couldn't hold myself from smiling sweetly.
 
After some moment of the bracelet appreciation, I put it back to the delicate box and look at the remaining items. There I saw a white card with some numbers on it. It looked like an access card but I really had no idea of what was it about, and there wasn't any note with it. So, I put it down and took the last thing in the box, a flatten square box of chocolate. Like the access card, there wasn't any note with it. 
 
I looked at the gifts that had been nicely placed on my bed: shawl, hoodie, watch, bracelet, access card, chocolate, and the photo which I already put on the lamp table, there were seven of them altogether. I didn't know what to react to these gifts. Except for the photo, the chocolate and the card, the rest were all very expensive which I wouldn't even think to buy them or to own them. Now that Sunggyu had given them to me, I still didn't see it when would I actually put on them. Maybe for the hoodie, or the shawl, but the watch and the bracelet... he wouldn't be happy for sure if I never wore them but those items were too expensive. 
 
I went to the lamp table and took a small box out from the drawer, it was something I prepared for Sunggyu. I suddenly felt ashamed and frustrated because I only prepared one gift for him. He definitely wouldn't mind but I felt very wrong especially now that I saw his gifts that had been placing all over my bed. I sighed a heavy sigh then went to the living room, left my only gift on the bed together with the gifts he prepared.
 
When the door bell rang, I straight opened the door without checking the security monitor, and there he was standing at my door smiling, not even bothered to put on a mask, only put up the hoodie and tighten the string along his face which made him look so funny and cute. Sunggyu walked in and closed the door, then turned to look at me smiled shyly, "You found the box? Do you like it?" I started to feel uneasy because I still couldn't get over the 7 gifts vs 1 gift fact which caused me felt so wrong. 
 
Didn't want to wait, he pulled my hand headed to my bedroom but he got startle after he switched on the light because his gifts were placed all over my bed. Slowly, he brought me to sit on my bed and turned to look at me carefully. I handed him the tumbler which I managed to grab from the dining table when he hurried me to the room just now. "It's citrus honey tea, good to your throat." I unlocked the lid for him, didn't say anything he took it and drank almost half of it, then handed to me without locking the lid, he wanted me to drink too. I took it over and drank a little, then locked the lid and put on the floor. 
 
When I returned my gaze to Sunggyu, he was looking at the gifts and then he became curious, "What's this?" He took a small box which he remembered that wasn't in his gifts list then turned to look at me, I smiled weakly, "It's for you." As immediately, he smiled so widely and happily then said in his shy tone, "Thanks... Can I open it?" I couldn't help to smile at his cute reaction, "Of course you can." Quickly, he pulled open the lid and smiled when he saw the pair of earrings, but his smiling faded so soon after he saw the printed brand name inside the box. 
 
Sunggyu looked at me disapproving, "This must be very expensive, why did you spend so much money for my gift?" I bursted into laughter and pointed at his gifts on my bed, "Look who's talking!" He smiled helplessly with a sigh, "I earn a lot but you're not, how could you compare us like this?" "You know I don't spend much for expenses, so I manage to save a lot." He still wouldn't agree with me, so I took the box from him and looked at the earrings, "It's the first time I buy you something... I thought it suits you..." Then, I looked to his eyes, "You don't like it?" "Of course not! I love it!" He took the box from me and said, "It's just too..." He stopped talking after seeing my pouty face, then smiled and continued, "...I feel too precious to own them..." 
 
I smiled satisfying to his answer, "You're precious to me." Didn't expect to hear this, he blinked a few times and smiled so sweetly to my saying, then took out his handphone to take a photo of the earrings. He looked really pleased with it and asked me to help him put on the earrings. I quickly said yes and leaned over to take off the pair he was wearing, but I didn't know that put on the earrings could be this challenging. It looked really easy but it was actually difficult especially when I never had earrings holes myself, I didn't know exactly how to put them on without hurting him. Sunggyu was very patient with me, he didn't look annoyed for my super caution and slow motion, he just smiled and looked at me joyfully. 
 
It took me forever to put on both earrings for Sunggyu, once I had done, he went to the dresser to have a good look at the mirror, to look at his new pair of earrings. I felt so relieved that I didn't hurt his ears or caused him bleeding, while him smiling satisfyingly to his new gifts, then came back to me who was still sitting by the bed. "I never thought I'll look good in gold, and square looks perfect to my ears, couldn't love it more! Thank you..." He leaned in to kiss me. "Don't say it, I feel ashamed when compared to these..." I pointed to the 'gift-land' with my pouty face while Sunggyu smiled helplessly and held my hands for another kiss. 
 
"I'm so sorry if I made you feel bad... but I can explain." I saw his smiling eyes, then he dropped his gaze to our holding hands, "You know how lazy I am for most activities, I didn't really plan or purposely went out to search for gifts, I was just..." He paused a while, bit his lip and smiled shyly to himself, then rose his gaze and looked to my eyes, "...I think of you most of them time... I couldn't help it......" I looked at him surprised to his confess, and I felt that my heart had slowly turned to a marshmallow. 
 
"The shawl, the hoodie and the watch, I've wrote the reasons on the notes, but the main and major reason was... I always thought of you... even when I went shopping, I kept seeing things that suit you and I thought they would be looking good on you, so I bought them." I didn't expect for this answer, but he eyes looked genuine, his face turned slightly pink because of blushing and he smiled awkwardly shy. He looked at the photo which I placed it on the lamp table, "The photo, I wrote the reason... and I'm happy to see that you put it beside your bed, first thing to see it when you wake up." I smiled shyly and happily because he approved.
 
Then, he looked at the bracelet and took it out from the box, "This was the only one thing that I purposely ordered. I know you like something simple, so..." He held my hand and gently put the bracelet onto my wrist, after that he placed one of his hand side by side with mine, then only I realised he was also wearing a bracelet, "These were custom made especially for you and me, as Christmas gifts." 
 
I held his hand and looked at his bracelet, it was identical with the one on my wrist but in a bigger size. I took out his bracelet and looked at the inner edge, as expected, there were also some small cursive letters that crafted: 'L ♡ G' . I looked at him wonder what he would say for this, but he just smiled shyly then spoke in his soft voice, "Do you like it?" I put his bracelet back onto his wrist gently, he looked at his hands and returned to look at me again, so I leaned in to kiss his face once and spoke with my soft voice, "I like it very much, thank you." He looked startled, most probably didn't expect for my kiss, but he looked really happy after that, couldn't hide his happiness and smiled awkwardly shy again. 
 
Didn't know what to do, he reached out for the chocolate and murmured, "Let's have some chocolate, this one tastes really good." He pulled off the plastic wrapping and the box cover clumsily, then held a piece of chocolate and wanted to feed me, "Don't bite, you must eat it as a whole." I listened to him, let him sent the whole piece into my mouth. Very soon, I knew why I must not bite it, and Sunggyu looked at me waited until I got the taste. There was some rum in liquick form inside the chocolate piece, and it slowly flew out when the chocolate layer melted. It tasted really good when the chocolate and rum mixed together, I kept nodding to him as if telling him it tasted good and I like it. He smiled happily and received a whole piece when I delivered one into his mouth. 
 
After tasting a few more pieces of chocolate, I asked him if there was any reason to buy chocolate. "I wanted to buy red wine actually but you can't really take alcohol, so I thought of rum in chocolate. I'm glad you like it." He smiled after seeing me nodded to him. Then, I realised that only the white card was left on the bed, so I took it from my bed and held up to our eyesight, I looked at him and rose my eyebrows, in a way of asking him about the card. He didn't say anything, just smiled and looked at the card, and I saw him became a little nervous. What was that nervous for? Curiously, I held the card nearer to have a good look, that was when I realised those numbers was my date of birth. 
 
 
* * * * * * * to be continued * * * * * * *