Revealed

Light in My Eyes

“ Hey it’s ok
  You can rest your tired body
  In my arms 
  You can leave all your heavy baggage
  Hey it’s ok
  You can lean your tired body on me
  On my pillow
  You can leave all your tears behind ”

 

"Till Sunrise" from Kim Sunggyu's True Love.

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

 

Sunggyu and Lily just arrived at New Chitose Airport. It was February, the weather still cold with snowy, they had to bring the thick winter coats along in big luggages even it was just a three days short trip. They collected the car key at the car rental counter then started their journey in Hokkaido. They didn't know the route in the city, but they felt confident with the help of the map and Waze, so they decided to drive around and explored the city. However, the snowy season made the driving become more challenging to Sunggyu, he drove with extra careful, making sure that everything was safe with Lily.

 
The first stop they went was the Snow Festival. It was a famous festival among the Japanese and also the foreigners, so Sunggyu didn't want to miss the chance in this winter. There were many activities went along with snow and ice and it was very crowded, so they mainly walked around and took photos because there were long queue in every activities. To his surprise, Lily took many photos with him using her new bought selfie stick. 
 
"I thought you don't like to take photos." He couldn't help to ask in curious, she smiled widely and said, "The view is beautiful, and... it's only us in this trip..." Which was true. They just came back from the second world tour not long ago, they had been to many countries together but it was always in a big group of people, the members, the CEO, the staffs... they hardly had the chance to go around the places leisurely with just the two of them. This Hokkaido trip was their first time to travel overseas alone. 
 
They spent about two hours in the Snow Festival and had their lunch around the area too. They had Japanese food in one of the restaurant nearby, after that, they drove to a ryokan, the Japanese style hot spring inn. They needed to check in the room before 3 o'clock. The ryokan was hidden in the country side which surrounded by the nature, Lily loved the surrounding so much that Sunggyu felt so glad he had chosen this ryokan for the trip. There were only 14 rooms in this ryokan which ensured them a quiet environment for relaxing with more privacy. 
 
Their room was very spacious. Sunggyu chose the western style room instead of the Japanese style room because his back pain wouldn't allow him to sleep comfortably on the tatami set. There were a living area with sofa set and TV, an open bedroom with two super single size beds and a bathroom with shower, also a hot spring bathing room which Lily didn't know about it. Once they closed the door, he took off the winter coat and kicked off his shoes, then he went lying on the bed, while Lily went to the window appreciated the beautiful snowy scenery. 
 
"Do you like the room?" Didn't want to leave the comfortable bed, Sunggyu asked loudly so that Lily could hear him. She turned to look at him, "Love it so much, how did you find this place?" He patted the bed and waved her to go over, "Come here... don't leave me alone..." She laughed at his saying but she followed what he asked and went sitting by the bed. "It has good review with high ranking, and it provides tight security and privacy that we need." He answered while her fingers, then looked at her adoringly, "You really don't want to try the hot spring? It's very famous here." She shook her head and smiled shyly, "I'm not keen for open bathing... I never had once and I don't think I'll ever tried it."
 
"How about hot spring in a private room?" Sunggyu asked again hopefully which made Lily rose her eyebrows in questioning, "It's still open to the same gender. Look... I really don't feel like being with strangers..." He shook his head and smiled smirkingly, then pulled her hand leaving the bed and brought her to a sliding door which Lily didn't notice until now. 
 
He slid the door open and there she saw another spacious room with some resting chairs and a table, and also a medium bathing pool which was spacious enough for a small group of people. He went turning on the faucet and let the water flowed in the bathing pool, then he turned to look at her, still smiling, "We have hot spring in our room." She couldn't believe her ears, "You mean here? The water is... hot spring?" Sunggyu nodded proudly, "Wanna try?" 
 
She went to the pool and tried to feel the flowing water, it was slightly hot but she couldn't tell if it was the normal clean water or the real hot spring. "This ryokan constructed the piping which sending the hot spring directly to every room, for people who seek privacy and people like you who're too shy to bath in the public pool." He explained to the doubtful Lily, still smiling. She looked at him with the guilty gaze, "The room rate must be very expensive..." "It's one of the highlight of this ryokan, many foreigners stayed here and gave excellent review. Privacy is always costly, but it's worth the price, isn't it?" He went closer and her face, tried to sooth her feeling but she didn't seem to look happy for the private hot spring at all. 
 
She dropped her gaze to the flowing water and she seemed troubled with her thought. Sunggyu followed her gaze to the pool, when he returned to look at her again, he saw her face turned slightly pink. As instant, he knew what was she thinking and couldn't help to laugh helplessly, "You can have the hot spring alone, I'll be resting outside and I won't be peeking." Lily looked surprised that he had caught her thought, but very soon she felt ashamed to face him. She looked at the floor while asking, "You really don't mind?" He replied while ruffling her hair, "Of course not, silly girl..." She looked up to his eyes wanted to know if he was telling the truth. Sunggyu smiled and said, "Alright... I have a very tiny bit of disappointment, but... it's okay, really. It's not the main reason I bring you here, I really want to go on a vacation with you alone and I want you to try the hot spring, and then I found this place... So... do you want to try it now? The hot spring is half of the pool now." 
 
Touched filled her entirely, she quickly answered, "No, you go first. You've been driving for hours, serve yourself right." "Okay, I'll go shower first." They left the hot spring room together, Sunggyu went in the shower room to have a quick shower, he just want to clean himself before went in the hot spring pool. When he was done, he went out from the shower room with the bathrobe, and Lily was sitting at the sofa checking with her handphone. "I'm going in now, don't peek!" He tried to lighten her mood because he didn't want her to feel bad. "Yaa... I'm ready with my handphone you see..." She replied him jokingly, he showed her the frightening face and quickly slid the door shut, leaving the laughing Lily in the living room. 
 
He took off the bathrobe and left it on the chair, then slowly soaked himself into the pool. The hot spring was slightly hot to his skin, but his body adapted the temperature very soon, then he started to sit and lied relaxingly in the pool. Although the room's heater had been , the air was still colder than the hot spring, therefore, steam was formed around the surface of the hot spring. And then, Sunggyu heard the sound of the shower from the shower room, that he thought Lily must be preparing herself for the hot spring after he had done.
 
He sighed to himself slightly. He tried to hide his emotion from Lily because he didn't want her to feel bad, but he was indeed feeling a little down with her respond. He thought she would be opened up for him after what he had done and told her on Christmas Eve, however, she was still feeling very unsecured. He curled up his legs and hugged around his thighs in the pool, feeling frustrated of what he should do to win her trust. He must have not working hard enough, he told himself. He was too focused in his thought and didn't notice the sound of the shower has stopped. He literally jumped when he heard the door has been sliding opened, and there he saw Lily stood by the door in the bathrobe. 
 
"Can I... come in?" She spoke shyly, waiting and measuring Sunggyu's respond but he was too stunned to react because he was still very frustrated a few seconds ago, he totally didn't expect for this at all. "I left my handphone on the bed... and I promise I won't peek..." Lily spoke again with her hands up and that made Sunggyu bursted into laughter. He finally managed to say something, "Come in, quick, don't catch cold..." 
 
He wanted to go bring Lily in, he rose from the water and then only he realised that he was half way he stood, he quickly ducked in the pool again. Lily laughed at his cute reaction and quickly slid the door shut. She walked to the chair and sit down facing him with her both hands placing on her lap, like a student facing her teachers, while Sunggyu just able to look at her, couldn't make up his mind of what should say at this situation. 
 
"The pool seems spacious enough for a group of people... and... I think it might be too lonely for you... to stay in there alone..." She only managed to look at him when she finished the sentence. "It's... spacious..." He looked at the pool then returned to look at her again, "...you wanna... come in...?" He asked doubtfully, that made her blushed heavily, "Is it... alright...?" He didn't expect to hear this, "Sss-sure..." He moved to the edge of the pool, welcoming her with all the spaces in the pool. 
 
Lily exhaled once and stood up, she turned around wanted to take off her bathrobe, and Sunggyu saw that coming, he quickly turned to the other side and looked at the wall, avoided himself from looking at her stripping. This was what he was hoping for, that Lily would trust him and opened up for him. However, when it finally happened, he felt so shy and nervous to looking at her. He couldn't understand himself, he felt so timid that his breathing sped up and his heartbeats drummed rapidly too. 
 
He sit very still staring at the wall, then he heard the sound of the splashing hot spring which was telling him that Lily was stepping in and soaking herself into the pool together with him. Still sitting unmoved, he locked his gaze to the waves until the surface of the pool returned smoothly like the mirror. He saw Lily on the reflection of the pool, slowly, he turned to look at her, she was hugging her thighs because her knees were exposed from the hot spring, so as her shoulder. With the heat of the hot spring and the steam around the surface, her skin looked more supple and radiant, and that he gulped a few times without himself realising it.
 
She sensed his gaze, she turned to look at him as well. They both looked at each other shyly but still didn't know what to say, then they returned their gaze to the hot spring again and remained silent. After some moment, Lily asked, "What do people usually do in the hot spring... or the public bathing?" Sunggyu replied without looking at her, "If it's for relaxing purpose, people usually go alone and stay at the corner quietly, if it's for social purpose, people go in group to chat and gossip, sometimes they share secrets too." She nodded a few times and then keep quiet again. 
 
"Do you have any secret to tell me?" Sunggyu asked curiously, she shook her head, "I don't have secret..." She thought a while and continued, "I only have story, do you want to hear my story?" He looked at her, weighing. He didn't want to spoil her mood for the vacation and caused her agony in remembering all her past again, "You don't have to tell me, I don't want you to think of it again." 
 
She replied calmly, "I never told anyone about it, I thought if I tried hard not to think of it, it'll slowly be forgotten and the wounds would be recovered as if it never happened. The fact is, it's still there chaining inside me after so many years even I never mentioned or thought of it. It still flashes so clearly in my mind when things that related to it happens and it pulls me fall into the swamp again..." She paused a while, and shook her head slightly, "I don't want to be so uncontrolled again... it affects me so badly when... when I'm with you... I want to fix this... I need to..."
 
Sunggyu looked at her speechlessly, she was right about her uncontrolled emotion and it did affect them several times before this, but he knew this wasn't going to be easy for her. "Is there anything I can do... to help?" His voice was full with concern, Lily smiled weakly and said, "Lend me your ears, and your patient... maybe... your shoulder too..." He moved closer and sit side by side with her inside the pool, then took one of her hands and held it firmly, "I'm here with you." She smiled thankfully and exhaled, then she looked at the mid air as if searching for something, and she started her story...
 
"I was sixteen, he was seventeen, we were in the same high school. We were the committees in a school event, we worked together for the event and when the event was over, we started dating. We were so young back then... He was a very friendly and helpful person, he was good in studies too, he always helped me in my studies. He went to the college one year before me, and I managed to go to the same college with him one year later. Even we studied in the different faculties, we still managed to catch up with each other. His mother liked me very much, always cooked me a lot of dishes when I visit to his house. My lovely parents were still alive, so as my lovely brother... That few years were the best moment in my life, I was so happy and so loved." 
 
"He graduated a year before me, but it didn't affect our relationship. The real nightmares started when the damn truck lost controlled, and I was the only survival... Sometimes I really wished that I died together with my family... but it didn't happen... That was my final year... with the lost of my family and the stress of the thesis, I fell into depression. It wasn't the very serious state but I wasn't able to go through it myself, so he decided to moved in my house and stayed with me, to take care of me, to look after me. He did everything he could to help me during my darkest moment, and thankfully, I was cured within five months. After that, he remained staying in my house to take care of me, he didn't want me to stay alone, and I wasn't sure if this was the reason, his mother started to dislike me. She accused me for causing the death of my family, she said... I was a bad luck women and I brought death to the people around me, so she wanted me to stay away from her only child, that, my only boyfriend."
 
Lily paused a while and sighed, Sunggyu couldn't wait and asked, "He followed his mother's order?" She shook her head, "No, he didn't. He thought his mother was ridiculous and ignored what she said about me. Other than this, everything went well for us, I graduated a year later and started to work like everyone else, and he started to be busy in his work. However, his mother didn't give up, she started to introduced some women for him and arrange some blind dates too, of course, she continued to say bad things about me. I was very sad but I couldn't do anything, even though he quarrelled with her about it, but she was still his mother. He was her only child, her only hope, I could understand her worries but that didn't mean I wouldn't be hurt by her doing. She kept arranging the blind dates for him stubbornly, but we loved each other and he didn't want to break up with me, so we remained in the relationship but deep inside me actually felt hopeless whenever I thought of marriage. He said he wasn't ready for the moment because of his mother, but he promised this situation won't last forever, he asked me to give him some time."
 
"The situation didn't turn better after a few years, I could see that he felt tired to it and kind of gave in to his mother, sometimes he even went back to his house and stayed there overnight. I couldn't disagree with him, that was his house and she was his mother. Then, he got promoted, sometimes he even had to travel overseas for work, so, the days I've been left alone in my house were increasing. During those days, I felt like I was forever waiting for him to come back, and that was the only thing I could do, wait for him helplessly."
 
"One day, I met his colleague when I went shopping alone. From our conversation, I found out the 'working trip' that he was going on the next day wasn't a real working trip. He applied leave and told the colleagues that it was a planned vacation which was going with his girlfriend, and that was me. She even envied me for having such a lovely boyfriend, but she didn't know she had left me in shock at the shopping mall after that. When I went back, he didn't look any different, he was still very caring and lovely to me, which I didn't know what to believe, my ears or my eyes... That nigh when he was packing, I asked if he would ditch the working trip and stay for me, just for this one time. I still remember what he told me, "It's just a five days trip, and because of the time zone, you'll be seeing me when you wake up on the fifth day." Then, he continued to pack his luggage."
 
"On the day he departed, I couldn't help to follow him with a taxi, and I couldn't believe what I saw in the airport... He met up with a woman at the airport, they hugged and kiss on each other's cheeks... His arm went around her waist, they looked exactly like a couple. I hid at a corner and stalked them, they lined up for the document checking and then they went in a restaurant. I called him, I wanted to see his reaction and heard what he was going to say, but he press 'busy' to my call, and sent me a text that saying he was going to check in and he would call me when he landed later. But there I saw him chatting with that woman happily, they were holding hands too..."
 
Lily stopped talking again, her gaze was frozen at mid air, her gripping was tight and she looked in pain. Her breathing started to speed up and her nose turned to redness, "His colleague was right, it wasn't a working trip, he planned the vacation for his girlfriend, just that, it wasn't for me... it was for his another girlfriend..." Tears flew from her eyes, Sunggyu wanted to wipe them off but he didn't, he just held her hand firmly and waited patiently for her to recover. She inhaled and exhaled a few times, then wiped her tears off and continued, "I went back home and wanted to pack my belongings for an escape, then I realised it was my parents house! So, I thought to throw away his belongings, but I saw his shadows everywhere in the house! I definitely couldn't stay there any more, but I had no where to go...  and... it was a place that I grew up, a place that full with the lovely memories of my parents' and my brother... I couldn't even sell the house... I felt so lost, I didn't know what to do... I fell into the swamp again..."
 
"He did call me as he promised but I didn't pick up, so he texted me saying that he had landed safely and he missed me. I wondered since when he started to lie me because he seemed doing it very smoothly. I curled up on my sofa and cried for the whole night, until the sun rose and the ray of the sun shot onto me, I realised, no matter what happened, the sun would still rising, the time would still clicking. Everything kept moving on no matter what, and no one would actually stop and waited for me, or even held a glance to me... Then, I saw my family photo which was hung on the wall, I saw my parents and my brother smiled warmly and happily, so was I... I was so happy and so loved back then... and that reminded me of my darkest moment in my life, the moment when I fell into depression. I realised, if I fell again this time, no one would actually care and be there for me, I would be all alone because I was left alone now! I told myself, I shouldn't fall again, I couldn't... So, I went to wash up and took a hot shower to wake me up, then I took my breakfast, the very first meal since I saw him with that woman in the airport. I told myself to be strong because I had no one to back me this time, I was left alone, no one would pity me if I messed up my own life. I must stayed strong."
 
"After having some food, I felt better and calmer. I thought about the things that happened. I did give him a chance on the night he packed the luggage, I asked him to stay for me but he chose her over me... Then I started to doubt about him staying over night at his mother's house, and the previous working trips that he went, was he spending time with that woman? All these years, I trusted him wholeheartedly... but he was still very caring and loving to me, why did he do this to me? I kept analysing, and came up a few reasons: maybe he just wanted to seek passion and excitement, he still love me, or maybe, he couldn't win over his mother because he didn't want to hurt her. His mother has always been our huge problem and a huge blockage to our marriage path..." 
 
"Then, a scary thought flashed in my mind: maybe he didn't have the passion with me any more, he didn't love me anymore but he couldn't leave me because of the responsibility, because he felt dutiful to take care of me... I felt myself being frozen again on the sofa... and I realised, no matter what reason it was, our relationship had died out. So... I told myself to let go and... move on... It was difficult... but I had no other option..."
 
"I started to think and planned for the right things to do, when everything was set, I started to work on it. I packed all his belonging and the stuffs that he bought into boxes, I didn't want to see anything that related to him to stay in my parents' house. Lucky he didnt have a lot of things, it took me a whole day to finish packing. Then, I search for flight ticket. My first thought was going to Taiwan but the tickets were sold out until two days after he came back, which was too late. I didn't want to see his face again. I didn't know if I was afraid that I might change my mind after seeing him, or mainly because of hating his lies and his disloyalty. A man that I loved and spent my most valuable ten years with... he was there with me during my darkest moment and he took care of me very well. I wouldn't have cured from depression so fast if it wasn't for him, I was actually very thankful to him... but whenever we talked about marriage I felt hopeless because of his mother. He told me to wait until his mother changed her mind and he believed it wouldn't take too long for it to happen. I listened to him and followed his will and he returned me with his lies and his disloyalty. I didn't want to see him again."
 
"Then, I decided not to care of where to go, I just wanted to leave as soon as possible before he returned. At last, I bought ticket to Seoul. On the 3rd day, I changed my house locks and looked for handling company, I needed someone to send his belonging back to his house. I went to hand in my resign letter and pay the compensation because of the urgent short notice, I also terminate the home tv channels and the mobile services... I did everything very thoroughly... I wanted a clean cut off before I left... I also bought some white cloths before I went back to my home."
 
"Then, I started to pack for the escape. It was summer in Seoul during that time so I just needed to pack my usual clothing, and my family photo which was my only back up. I didn't know how I did it, I was very calm with clear mind, and I did everything I planned. The last thing I did was to clean my house and covered the furniture with the white cloths, because I wasn't sure when will I go back again... Then, I slept on my parents' bed for the last night in my house which was suppose my home sweet home... On the 4th day, the handling workers came on time and moved all the boxes out from my house. I wandered around and had the last glance inside my house, then I closed and locked the doors with the new locks. The boxes were sent to his house when I was arriving the airport, his mother must be shocked in anger and probably cursing me but I could care less. By the time he arrived at my door and found out his keys wouldn't open all the locks, I was landed safely in Seoul."
 
Lily sighed heavily when she finished and lied herself by the edge with her full back, then she stopped talking again. "Did you plan to stay in Seoul for this long?" Sunggyu broke the silent, and she shook her head, "With the money my parents left me and the compensation from the insurance company, I had enough to live for at least five years without any earning. So, I wasn't even planning to work so soon, I just wanted to leave my country and... forgot my past and started a new life." "Then you met Jung Yeop hyung?" Sunggyu asked again, Lily smiled at that, "Yeah, he brought me to Woollim, and I started to work in Woollim until now." 
 
"Why was... Woollim?" He asked curiously and carefully. "Jung Yeop showed me some Infinite's songs, which surprisingly gave me strength and happy aura. I was actually quite struggled at the beginning, I was in the slump... or the right word, I was numb. I slept and ate like everyone else, I worked and done my job on time too, but I was numb. I was emotionless, I didn't know how to smile again... but listened to Infinite's songs made me felt better, I managed to feel happiness through the songs even when I was left alone."
 
"Then, I saw how hard you guys worked and fought during the debut time, how you all never gave up but tried the hardest to achieve your dream, or just to survive in the industry. I felt ashamed of myself in doing nothing but still hanging in the past like a crying baby, or... just being numb like a zombie... So, I decided to follow you guys and Jung Yeop, and gladly, I found strength again.  Woollim feels like my new family, I wasn't numb again, I found my smile and my emotion, I felt things again... I managed to stand up again and live like normal in Seoul."
 
So, that explained why she mostly listened to Infinite's songs and Sunggyu's songs. 
 
"So... I hope you would have a better understanding on why I need my own place and wouldn't move in to your house... I don't want to end up for no where to go and... force to do another escape to another country again..." Lily said in her soft voice. Sunggyu pulled her closer and made her facing him, forgetting that both of them were for the first time, "I would never let this happen." She smiled weakly to him, "Honestly, I never wanted another relationship after how I've been through my awful past, it was very difficult for me to stand up again, I seriously couldn't take another break up... it's too painful... but I didn't know since when I started to care so much for you, and your gaze troubled me so damn much..."
 
He held her face and lower his eye sight to her eyes level, made sure she was looking at him, "Don't you dare to say anything about breaking up!" He was obviously mad, but Lily replied calmly, "If it really happened, I assure you that it will not happened for my benefit." "What do you mean?" His expression still harden but he wanted to know what she was trying to say. "Please stay calm and listen to what I'm trying to say, and let me finish before you say anything..." She looked at him until he nodded, then she continued, "First, I don't see it why I should be in the relationship if you weren't planing to marry me, as I said, I couldn't take another break up... If you take me leisurely and later find someone better to get married... I'll end up to go through the painful process again... but listen, I'm not meant to force you in marrying me, it's just a fact... do you get what I'm saying?" He nodded once but his face still harden.
 
"Secondly, I don't think you're ready for marriage at this age, neither do I, I'm not fully healed and you know that too. The fact is, by the time you think it's time for marriage, to have your own children, I'm definitely too old for you... You can't ignore the fact that our age are 5 years apart, when you're forty, I'll be forty-five..." She sighed when she finished and paused a while, "I probably couldn't get pregnant... so, I'm definitely not the right person for you... I'm sure your mother will step in for this since you're the only son in your family, and that... we might be forced to break up... even though we still care and love each other... It's not that I don't trust you... even if I do, it's the reality that we couldn't win over..." He didn't see this coming, he never thought of it. His face didn't look as harden as just now but he didnt look any better as well.
 
"You should have found someone younger and healthier, it'll safe you lots of troubles... and for myself... I'll be saved from going through that painful process again..." She dropped her gaze to the hot spring, couldn't help herself from feeling sad for the reality. This time, Sunggyu leaned in to hug her tightly and asked softly, "You've been thinking of this... all the time?" "From what I've gone through, I couldn't help..." She replied softly, and then, they both stayed quiet for a moment. 
 
"I'm always serious about you, so your first assumption isn't valid." Sunggyu her hair softly while saying this. "As for the second, I'll take it seriously and think of a way to solve it, I promise." Seeing no respond from Lily, he pulled away to look at her, "You don't trust me?" She looked into his eyes, "I'm not sure if you know what you're saying." She replied calmly. He held her both hands firmly and said, "If the problems came from me and my family, such as my mother, I'll deal with her. I won't let anyone in hurting you and cause you in pain, not even my family, I won't allow that, I'll fight them over." 
 
Lily become panic, "I'm not asking you to fight them, they're your family and you couldn't change the fact. I've always envied you people with family when I'm left alone in the world... please... don't fight with your family because of me..." Seeing her panic and pleading, Sunggyu become panic too, "Alright, alright... I won't fight them, but I'll think of a way to deal with them, okay?" Seeing her nodded, Sunggyu continued, "Whatever it is, promise me that you'll stay by my side and back me up, promise me, will you?" "Me... backing you...?" She asked doubtfully, wondered if she heard it wrongly. He reached over to hold her shoulder with his both hands, "Yes, you backing me, no matter what, promise me that you'll stay with me." 
 
"I thought you're capable in solving every problem, you're the leader..." She said honestly and Sunggyu laughed at that, "When in the group, I'm the leader, but when I'm with you, I'm always needing you to back me up, to give me strength and buck up my courages. To what you've brought up just now, I honestly couldn't face it all alone by myself. I need you, I seriously need you to stay with me and overcome every circumstances with me." She looked at him felt overwhelmed by his confession, then he asked again, "Will you promise to stay with me and back me up no matter what happened?" She looked at him and thought for a while, then, she finally nodded with a reply "I promise." 
 
He smiled satisfyingly and reach out to her face and her neck that looked so supple and radiant in the hot spring. She obviously looked lighter after she had spilled out everything that had chained inside her mind for more than five years. With his patient and his confession, she seemed to feel more secure in their relationship, and not feeling so lost and worried to the unforeseen future. She held his hands and asked shyly, "Should we... get out from here?" Then, only he remembered that they were both still being inside the hot spring together. He retrieved his hands shamefully and slowly turned away from looking at her, "Yeah, I think we should get out now... wait... I'll go out first..." 
 
He turned his back to facing her and rose from the pool, instantly he felt cold with the room temperature. Quickly, he pulled the dry towel and dried his body, then put on the bathrobe as fast as he could. He took another dry towel and held it up right by the pool side for Lily, he held it high until the towel blocked his view from seeing her . When she rose from the pool, he wrapped her up as instant to avoid her feeling cold. "Quick... don't catch cold..." When she took over the towel, he moved away to the chair and look to the other side, giving her some privacy in drying up herself. 
 
After a short while, he felt her warm arms went around his waist tightly, she was hugging him from behind and said, "Thank you..." He held her hands and couldn't help to smile sweetly, then he turned around to facing her and hugged around her waist too, "For...?" "For everything you've done for me. Thank you." She leaned in for a kiss, it was a soft and deep kiss which was too lovely to pull away. However, his stomach didn't feel the same, it roared grumpily wanting the master to fill it up. 
 
He pulled away and smiled shyly, "Maybe we should go for dinner." "Right... I'm hungry too." She pulled his hand walking to the door and and slid it open, bringing him to the bedroom where they left the luggages. Liked just now, Sunggyu took his clothing and moved to the living area, giving Lily some privacy to dress up. When he was done, he waited for her at the sofa and couldn't help to smile satisfying to himself, because up until now, everything that happened was way much better than what he expected. Lily had finally opened up for him and told him everything in her mind. He finally felt her seriousness in their relationship which made him felt so released. At the same time, he felt so glad that he had made the right decision to bring her here, the ryokan in Hokkaido. 
 
It didn't take long for Lily to finish dressing up, she wore the cream sweater that he bought for her with a thick black jacket and pair of dark grey leggings, and walked to him with a smiling face, "I'm ready, can we go now?" "Sure! Can't wait for the famous and delicious Kaiseki." Then, they walked out from their room hand in hand, and headed to the restaurant happily.