~7~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHAT THE DO YOU MEAN SHE GOT AWAY?!" JB slammed his fists on the desk in his office, his face red with anger.

Yugyeom flinched away only the slightest and gulped. "We were under attack by Bangtan... I think they were after the drug money we stole from them a few months back. One of the members shot me in the leg- I didn't get to see who though. Then that yanked herself away from me and ran." He explained, fidgeting with his hands.

JB shouted with fury and harshly pushed everything that was on his desk to the floor, breaking the glass of whiskey he was drinking before hearing the news. He huffed out large breaths of air, trying to calm himself down.

"Do you know where she is?"

"N-no, JB hyung. I don't know where she went."

"Then go find her!"

“Yes, hyung!” Yugyeom bowed hastily and made for the door with the help of his crutches, stopping in his tracks when JB called his name in a calmer voice.

“Yugyeom, how is your leg?”

“It’s not like I haven’t been shot before. I’ll be fine.” Yugyeom answered with a slight smile.

All JB did was nod his head before sitting back down in his desk chair. Yugyeom took that as is cue to leave. He slowly walked himself to his room and lowered himself onto his bed with a grunt. There was a knock on his door.

“Come in!” he hollered.

The door opened and Youngjae stepped in. “You okay? What happened with JB hyung?”

Yugyeom sighed, “Just the usual when he gets really mad. He shouted a lot and messed up his office.” He sighed again. “We have to find her…”

Youngjae sat beside Yugyeom on the bed and patted the younger’s back. “Don’t worry, Yugyeom-ah, we will. And when we do, she can finally pay for the damage her existence has caused.”

Rap monster stared down at Saerom and asked his first question, “What is your relationship with Got7?”

Saerom would have scoffed and laughed unhumorously at the question if she wasn’t so scared. She cleared the lump forming in and answered with a small voice, “H-hostage.”

This made Rap Monster raise an eyebrow; otherwise his face remained stony and expressionless. Jin, on the other hand, had confusion written all over his face.

“A hostage?” repeated Rap Monster.

“Yes.”

Rap Monster shared a wary glance with Jin before turning back to Saerom. “Why were you a hostage?”

Saerom was expecting this question but it still made her anxious to answer, making her fiddle with her now orange ring. How was she going to admit that she was a mistake, and to complete strangers who were also gang members at that? She hesitated a little, her eyes trailing to the floor.

“I-I…” she began, still not sure if she could bring herself to say it, but knew that she was in no position to keep shut. So she just decided to tell him. “My parents… They use to be part of Got7’s father gang. They accidentally had me and tried to hide me from their bosses because they had broken gang rules by having me.” She huffed out a sigh and looked back up at Rap Monster with teary eyes. “The day my parents were killed, I ran away and Got7’s father gang fell apart because they had killed two of their best members. Got7 have been looking for me for a long time and planned on making me pay for my own existence.”

Rap Monster stayed quiet for a few moments, letting the information sink in. Behind him, Jin looked at Saerom with pity in his eyes.

“What role did your parents play in their gang?” asked Rap Monster, seemingly unphased by Saerom’s story.

“They… My father was part of drug trafficking. He would chase up payment for drugs and was an addict himself. My mother… sh-she was an a-assassin…” she trailed off, a shiver running down her spine at the memories that flashed in her mind of her parents.

Rap Monster and Jin shared glances again, making Saerom even more anxious that she started to tremble.

“How did they find you? What did they do to you?” asked Rap Monster.

“I-I don’t know how they found me, but Junior kidnapped me while I was walking home after work.” Saerom gulped before continuing, ”They made me work in as part of their gang- something about making me ‘catch up on all the work my parents left unfinished’. I mostly worked in the brothels and in money laundering… But they also made me help kidnap people. Lure them to their deaths.” The tears the Saerom tried so hard to hold back finally began to stream down her face. “If I didn’t comply they would beat me.” Saerom looked into Rap Monster’s eyes. “I had hoped they would just kill me whenever they beat me, but they always keep me alive.”

Rap Monster now understood the situation; she wasn’t an ally of Got7’s and she didn’t seem to be lying to him either. He watched as Saerom broke down in a sobbing mess, her ring turning grey, as Jin went and grabbed a box of tissues and placed it beside her.

Saerom, although hesitant at first, picked a tissue from the box and wiped her eyes, making herself stop crying.

“So she wasn’t a e after all.” A tired voice sounded from the doorway. Suga, who had been listening in from the doorway finally made his presence known as he stepped in, hands in his jeans pockets.

Saerom looked up at him as he approached with curiosity in her teary eyes. Suga stared back at her with unreadable ones.

“What do you know about Got7?” he asked, sounding bored.

Before Saerom could answer, Jin stepped in front of Suga, making the younger look at him.

“I think Saerom here has been through enough questioning for now. Ask her later.” Said Jin with a small, wry smile.

Suga tsk’ed and turned to leave. Rap Monster gave Jin a nod and glanced at Saerom, “Eiher Suga or I will be back later this evening. I hope you will be able to answer more questions.” With that, he followed Suga out of the room.

Jin turned towards Saerom and went closer to her, “Are you okay?” he asked. “Did you eat enough?”

Saerom looked up at him incredulously, not answering. Why is he so concerned about me?

“Look, I know you must be feeling scared and anxious, and Rapmon may seem a bit scary- I understand that- but we…” he sighed and rubbed a hand down his face, “I don’t think I am allowed to tell you, but I will tell you anyway; Got7 are our enemies and have been for a long time.”

Saerom’s head tilted to the side the slightest bit; she was slightly confused at what Jin was telling her, a light sky blue now present on her ring. The flicker of colour once again caught Jin’s eye.

This is seriously messing with my mind. I think I need to sleep more. Jin thought, shaking his head a little. Letting out another sigh, Jin smiled at Saerom and went to leave, but was stopped when Saerom spoke.

“Why are you being so nice to me?”

He looked at her and gave her a small smile, “Because we have no reason to be hostile towards you and besides, I have a feeling that we might be able to help each other. Rest up some more, Saerom, I will be back later with dinner.” Jin left without waiting for a reply.

Saerom was left alone once again to her own thoughts. Help each other out? What does he mean by that? She flopped back down into a lying position, groaning in pain when she aggravated her wounds. Sighing, she looked down at herself and examined all her wounds. They did a really good job on treating me… But I still can’t trust them, who knows what their real intensions are.

Feeling a little drowsy, Saerom let herself drift off into a slumber.

Suga was lying down on his bed, headphones on and his arms covering his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter