~12~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re just a stupid, weak .” a deep voice with a slight accent chided at Saerom as she cowered on the cold floor, “You ruin everything!” Next came a harsh slap to her cheek and Saerom was flung to the side. She did not dare to move as more tears spilled from her eyes, the throbbing sensation in her cheek momentarily took her mind off the weird feeling she felt all over her body. She heard footsteps walk over to where she lay, slightly glad that her hair was covering her face so she couldn’t see the face of the man who was hurting her.

“He’s right!” another, more rough sounding voice yelled as another set of footsteps approached her, “You are just a worthless piece of !” The owner of the voice kicked her in the stomach and Saerom slid across the floor and slammed into the wall. Her entire body was grazed and blood seeped out of her fresh wounds.

Saerom finally stole a glance through her dark locks at her captors and her eyes, widened when she saw their faces. Jackson and JB were towering over her, their eyes showed nothing but hatred, but the smirks on their lips told Saerom that they very much enjoyed seeing her in pain. She in a short breath and she realised she was back in her cell in Got7’s hideout. How did she get here? Wasn’t she just with Bangtan at their hideout? Why was she with Got7 now? No matter how much Saerom tried to think, she couldn’t remember ever leaving Bangtan, nor Bangtan handing her over to Got7. She was yanked from her thoughts as someone pulled her up by her hair.

“You look at us when we are talking to you, mutt!” the voice of Bambam filled her ears as he pulled her up to her feet. Saerom reluctantly looked up at all the members of Got7 who were now standing in front of her, all with the same crazed looks on their faces, wanting nothing more than to cause indescribable amounts of physical and emotional pain on the defenceless girl before them. Saerom gulped and she went to fiddle with her mood ring like she usually would, but there was a problem. She wasn’t wearing her ring. It was missing from her finger. She panicked as she looked down at her slightly distorted hands to find that the mood ring was, in fact, gone.

She suddenly heard the manic laughter of JB, who held up a blurred hand with the ring pinched between his thumb and index finger. It was black, which symbolised no emotion, but it suddenly began to change colour rapidly before JB threw it to the ground and stomped on it. Saerom gasped loudly as she watched JB lift up his leg to reveal the crushed mood ring. She began to cry out, grief struck her as the only possession she had from a loved one was now destroyed. She now had nothing to remember her dear, late grandmother by. Saerom wanted to fall to her knees and weep, but Bambam’s grip on her hair didn’t allow her to move much. Saerom sobbed as she stared down at the crushed mood ring.

The rest of Got7 slowly closed in on her, reaching out their eager hands.

“!”

“!”

“Worthless!”

“Mistake!”

“Useless!”

“!”

“Weak!”

Once Got7 were close enough, they all began to punch, kick, slap and pull her in all sorts of directions. Saerom was flung against the wall, feeling weird sensations all over her body as she screamed for them to stop. She tried so hard to get her voice out, but every time she opened , no sound would come out. Got7 continued to beat her as they watched soundless words.

All of a sudden, a flash of mint colour caught her eye as she spotted an extra person standing in the far corner of her cell. She couldn’t see their face as their whole figure was blurred, but Saerom had a feeling she knew who it was. They just stood there and watched as Got7 had their way with her.

“…ke up…” she could hear a deep, husky voice call, but it was so distant she couldn’t hear what they were saying properly.

“..ake…up!” Saerom was growing confused but didn’t have time to think about the voice as Youngjae clobbered her upside the head with a crutch, which should have knocker her out cold. Saerom manage to get to her feet and began running. Where she was running to, she didn’t know, all she knew was that she needed to get away and fast! Got7 were barreling down after her, chasing her through what seemed to be a never-ending corridor. It felt like she was going nowhere as she ran with all her might.

The blurred, mint-haired figure stood a few metres in front of her. Saerom could not get closer to it no matter how much she ran. She looked back to see Got7 gaining on her

“YOU CAN’T ESCAPE FROM US SAEROM!” they all yelled in unison.

Saerom was on her last nerve before she felt herself start to break down. But the deep, husky voice from before spoke once more, clearer this time.

“Wake…up…”

Wake up? Saerom only wished she could wake up to find that this was all just a terrible dream! But the voice persisted in trying to make her wake up.

Got7 were suddenly on her. Saerom was tackled to the ground and the next thing she knew, she was standing in the back of an alley way. She was holding a hunting knife and there was a blindfolded and gagged figure on the ground before her.

The voices of Got7 echoed in her ears.

“Kill him…”

“If you don’t do as we say, we will punish you.”

“Come on! You are wasting time!”

“Hurry and kill him! He has caused us enough trouble as it is.”

“Why hesitate? Do you want to be beaten again?”

“Move your worthless and kill him!”

“Take off the blindfold… Look into the eyes of the man you’re about to kill.”

Saerom gulped as she mindlessly bent down and reached for the blindfold with her free hand. Once the blindfold slid off, she was met with a pair of very familiar ebony eyes. She gasped as the man’s dark hair faded to a minty colour.

“KILL HIM!” JB’s voice boomed.

The mint-haired man before her looked up at her with wide eyes filled with fear. His voice sounded loud and clear through the fabric that gagged his mouth.

“Saerom! Wake the up!”

Saerom gasped loudly as her eyes snapped open. She was covered in a cold sweat and she was trembling. Her face felt damp as tears continued to roll down her face, her breathing was uneven and shallow. Her eyes met with a pair of ebony orbs and a mess of minty locks that stuck out in all sorts of directions. Yoongi was leant over her with his hands gripped tightly on her arms. He had woken up to her screaming and rushed to see what was going on, only to find that Saerom was having a nightmare. The rest of Bangtan were out doing their own business so it was just him and Saerom in the house.

Yoongi let go of her arms and straightened up. He was about to say something when Saerom suddenly sat up and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in the crook of his neck as she cried. Her hands gripped his oversized t-shirt as he stood there in shock. It took him a moment before he brought his arms up to wrap them around her waist and rub her back comfortingly.

“It’s okay,” he spoke softly, his voice still a little rough with sleep, “It was only a dream.”

Saerom didn’t say anything as she wept. Yoongi could feel her shaking against his chest and brought the both of them to sit on the bed.

“Hush… Stop crying. Everything is okay. I’m here.”

Her grip on him tightened slightly so Yoongi tightened his hold on her waist, bringing one hand up to rake through her hair. Saerom sighed as the feeling of her hair being played with soothed her. It took a couple of minutes for Saerom’s crying to calm down and they were now engulfed in silence. Yoongi continued to play with Saerom’s long, dark locks as he rocked her back and forth. He didn’t exactly understand why he was doing all this skinship with her and actually holding her close. It just came naturally to him, without him thinking.

He stopped after a minute before he pulled back to see her face and brought his hand up to wipe under her tear-soaked eyes, “You okay?”

Saerom didn’t speak, she merely nodded her head twice. Yoongi hummed and spoke again, “I’ll go make you a cup of tea to help calm you down, so wait he-“ He was cut off when Saerom held onto him, not wanting to let go. She didn’t want to be left alone while her mind was still reeling from the nightmare. Yoongi sighed and tried to pry her arms off of him, but Saerom wouldn’t let go.

“I will only be two minutes.” his attempt to coax her was in vain as Saerom had wrapped her slim legs around his waist when he stood up, her face once again buried in the crook of his neck. Yoongi sighed in defeat as he looked down at her clinging to his front like a koala, his face heating up at the feeling of her bra-less chest and her hips against his. She feels so soft and warm… He held her up by her waist and made his way down into the kitchen downstairs.

Once in the kitchen, Yoongi placed Saerom down on one of the bar stools. Thankfully, Saerom let go this time and sat there as Yoongi placed a tissue box in front of her. Saerom plucked out a tissue, wiped her face and blew her nose as she watched Yoongi make tea.

The scent of chamomile wafted through the air, the smell soothed Saerom’s nerves a little as she breathed it in. She watched as Yoongi took out a squeeze bottle of honey from the pantry and squeezed a teaspoon amount of honey into each mug of tea before he stirred them both and returned to Saerom with the mugs in hand.

“Here. It’s still a bit hot, so be careful.” Yoongi said as he handed Saerom one of the mugs, their fingers brushing against each other for a split second. Saerom took the mug and held it close to her chest, feeling the heat from the mug and breathing in the scent of the tea.

Yoongi took a seat next to her and cleared his throat, “So, is it okay if you could tell me what happened in your nightmare? I mean- you don’t have to, I just… Um, I hear it’s better to tell someone about it.” Yoongi coughed awkwardly and waited for Saerom to reply.

Saerom seemed to be in thought as she looked down at her ring which was grey. Yoongi shifted awkwardly when Saerom didn’t answer, “I won’t push you to tell m-“

“I will tell you…” Saerom said quietly before she took a sip of her tea and began to recount her dream to him. “You were there,” she turned to look at Yoongi in the eyes, those ebony orbs stared right back at her, only instead of fear like in her dream, they were filled with a slight glint of warmth and curiosity. “You were just standing at a distance and when the scene shifted, I was holding a knife and Got7 were trying to force me to kill you…” her voice faltered as reliving the dream brought tears to her eyes, the horrible scenes flashed inside her mind.

Yoongi waited patiently until Saerom finished telling him about her nightmare, he drank some of his tea and faced her.

“It’s not real,” he began, “Got7 can’t get to you here. We will all protect you.” his voice quietened down as his gaze fell.

Saerom felt her heart swell just a slight bit at his words. He can actually be kinda sweet. I never knew he could be like this… Saerom was pulled from her thoughts when Yoongi spoke again.

“Your ring… Why is it so important to you?”

Saerom looked down at her ring with loving yet longing eyes, “My late grandmother gave it to me. Well- she wasn’t my actual grandmother, she found me on the streets after my parents were killed and took me in.” she slid it off her finger and played with it as it remained grey in colour. “This is the only thing I have left of her, she didn’t give it to me without purpose though.” she paused for a moment and Yoongi stared into her eyes as she began to speak again. “I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter