~10~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are in a lot of trouble." Namjoon walked over to the bed and towered over Saerom. "Why did you try to kill yourself?"

Saerom hugged her knees and refused to meet his eyes. When she didn't answer, Namjoon asked her again, angrier this time, "Why?"

Saerom shook her head as tears began to fall from her eyes. Her ring (which Taehyung had brought with him and returned to her) faded to a grey. Namjoon had had enough of her silence. He didn't really like to be this tough on women, but he needed to do this. He grabbed her shoulders in his hands and shook her a little. 

"Tell me!" he demanded. 

Saerom sobbed a couple times before she sighed and finally looked up at him. "Do you know how it feels?" she asked. 

Namjoon was taken aback by her sudden question, but kept silent as Saerom opened to speak once more. "Do you know how it feels to be a mistake? To always live in fear? To always have to look over your shoulder in case someone is after you? To live in the clutches of a gang who only wants to torture you both physically and mentally?! And for no reason directly related to you! Do you know what it's like seeing your parents do filthy things like bring home dead bodies or beat people up for drug money? To watch them do drugs themselves and try to make you take them too. Do you know what it's like to see you're very own parents killed before your eyes no matter how much you resented them?" she took a long, shuddering breath and spoke once more, "You have no idea what kind of life I've had... If you were me, you would have done the same." Saerom rested her head atop her knees and sobbed once more. 

At her words, Namjoon let her shoulders go and straightened up, his dark eyes never left her. "You think I don't know?" He whispered with his fists balled, "You think that we have all had easy lives?" His voice was louder this time, "Look at me!" He barked. 

Saerom remained still as she continued to cry. 

"Choi Saerom, LOOK AT ME!" Namjoon yelled. 

Saerom finally looked up at him with wet, bloodshot eyes.

"I may not fully understand your past, but I do know what it's like to be pushed around, put down, finding hope only to have it taken away from me in the most brutal way. My parents couldn't even be considered as parents. I too, had family that was brutally murdered!" he huffed out a sigh, "BUT DO YOU THINK I TRIED TO ING KILL MYSELF?!"

Saerom cried harder at his words, she couldn't even think so she just listened. 

"No, I didn't. Do you know why? Because I fought on. I refused to ing give up! What happened in my past gave me a reason to fight, to take revenge and grow as a person." he took a deep breath to calm himself down and spoke a little calmer this time, "You can't just give up like this, Saerom. You need to fight too. We all do, there is no easy way out. There is only a coward's escape." 

It was quiet in the room except for the sound of Saerom's crying, which had subsided some. Yoongi and Taehyung could only stand there in silence as their leader lectured her. Taehyung sported a sad look on his face while Yoongi kept his usual flat expression and stared at the floor. 

"Why..?" Saerom whispered. Namjoon almost didn't catch what she said, she was so quiet. "Why do you want me alive? Why do you care whether I live or die?"

"Because," Namjoon began, "we can help each other out." 

"How? Unless you want makeovers everyday, I am practically useless to you."

Namjoon scoffed and chuckled slightly at her words, "Tell me something, Saerom. After all you went through with Got7, don't you want to get back at them? Make them feel the same pain you felt, because of them?"

Saerom shook her head, "I would never be able to do such a thing."

"Don't you want to stop them from dealing the same damage to others? Rid them from your life once and for all?" Namjoon tilted his head to the side as he said this, "Your life will finally be free from them. You won't have to worry about getting captured and hurt by them. Ever again."

At Namjoon's words, Saerom perked up the slightest. A life free of Got7? "What's in it for you?" Saerom quietly asked. 

"We want the same thing you want; to be free of Got7. They took some important things from us so we have a little score to settle." Explained Namjoon, to which Yoongi scoffed. 

"But they are the number one gang in Seoul. Do you know just how powerful they are?" questioned Saerom. 

Namjoon hummed as he thought, "Somewhat, but that doesn't matter to me right now."

Saerom thought for a minute before she mumbled something. 

"What was that?" asked Namjoon. 

"What do you want me to do?" she asked as she stared at the foot of her bed. 

Namjoon cast a knowing glance at Yoongi who looked up at his leader, he finally understood what Namjoon had said to him almost a month ago after their discussion the second day she stayed with them.

I'm gonna wait for the right moment. Considering the state she is in, I don't think I will have to wait very long.

Namjoon's words from that day echoed inside Yoongi's mind. 

So this is what he meant by 'the right moment'.

The leader sat down on the edge of the bed. "I want you to join our gang."

"WHAT?!" yelled a very surprised Taehyung. 

Yoongi suddenly felt very mad at the idea. Namjoon hadn't told him or Seokjin about making Saerom join Bangtan. How could he just ask her to join like that? Is he ing crazy, or what?! Yoongi mentally cursed, he stormed out and went into his room with a slam of his door. Does he have any idea how dangerous that could be for her, and especially us?! 

Saerom stared after Yoongi, wondering why he had suddenly gotten so emotional. Then she looked back at Namjoon with wide eyes. 

"J-join?" she stuttered. 

"Yes. I just asked you to join." Namjoon smirked. 

"Hyung!" Taehyung quickly walked over to the bed, "We can't possibly let her join." He turned to Saerom, "No offence, but it's too dangerous!"

Namjoon patted the younger male's arm and spoke, "V, we live everyday in danger. Have you forgotten what we are?"

"But-"

"It's alright. I know what I’m doing.” Namjoon smiled up at the younger.

“I-I can’t… I can’t j-join.” Saerom weakly mumbled. She too was surprised by Namjoon’s sudden proposal. Never had she imagined herself joining a gang, she had sworn to herself to never get caught up with gangs after her parents were killed. But here she was, with a gang who wanted her to work with them. She felt conflicted.

Namjoon expected her to say that, so he turned to her, “Yes, you can and you will. Don’t you want to make your life better? By joining us, you will be one step closer to ridding yourself of Got7.” he looked at her with slight pity in his eyes, “Isn’t that what you want?”

Saerom kept quiet for a little while as she tried to mull things over in her head. “Can I please have some time and space to think?" she timidity asked. 

Taehyung looked back and forth between his hyung and Saerom, with a mix of confusion and worry on his face. 

Namjoon nodded as he stood up, "Sure. But just keep in mind... The choice is yours whether you want to help us, help you or to remain as you are and wallow fear and despair forever." he reached the door and took one last glance at Saerom. "Also, I'm sorry for my harsh behaviour towards you. I needed to make you realise. There's more to life than running from gangs and fearing them, Saerom. I hope we can get closer as time passes." he gave her a small smile before he left. 

Then he popped his head back in again, which surprised the other two, and spoke once more, "Ooh yeah, don't think you've been let off the hook, Saerom. You're still in trouble." he smiled sadistically, "You will be punished." Then he disappeared. 

Once Taehyung had snapped out of his confused stupor, he rushed to Saerom and sat right next to her on the bed, “Are you alright?! Ooh my God, you gave me such a fright!” He placed a hand over his heart a made a pained face.

Saerom giggled quietly at his antics and nodded her head, “Yes. I’m okay. I’m sorry I scared you all…” her voice trailed off as she rested her chin on her knees again. “Also, thank you for saving me.”

Taehyung pursed his lips, then brought an arm up slowly to wrap around her shoulders, “It’s okay. I’m just glad we could get to you in time.”

Saerom scoffed a little, “I was stupid to think that I could escape all of this.”

For some reason, Taehyung felt saddened by her words. Sure, he understood that she has had previous terrible experiences with gangs in the past, but during the time they had known each other, they had gotten the closest the quickest. He always tried to be nice to her, gave her excuses to Yoongi’s aloof attitude and even helped her get closer to Hoseok and Jimin. She was somewhat comfortable with the two other males, but she was most comfortable with Taehyung. Although she couldn’t let her guard down completely with him. Jungkook hadn’t spoken to her much and has still yet to make the effort to approach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter