~6~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was the first one to wake up the next morning, going through his usual morning routine: getting up, showering, dressing and brushing his teeth. Before going downstairs into his large garage like he usually does in the morning, he instead ventured into the medical to check up on a certain dark-haired girl.

He quietly walked in, going to the opposite side of the room where the bed was. Carefully pulling back the thick blanket, he looked over Saerom’s bandaged wounds before looking at her face for a split second. Jungkook turned away and went over to a shelf on the wall to the right, taking some more bandages, iodine, scissors and some medical tape.

After washing his hands he went to work on cleaning her wounds and replacing her bandages. A few minutes into his work, Jungkook heard the door creak open a little.

“Morning, Kookie.” A deep, husky voice greeted him, still rough with sleep.

“Good morning, Suga-hyung.” Jungkook greeted the mint-haired man as the latter came to stand beside him. “You are up earlier than expected.”

Suga scoffed and sat on the edge of the bed, “Yeah, you got that right. I regret not trying to fall back asleep.” He rubbed his eyes and stifled a yawn. He then turned his head to the unconscious girl lying in the bed. “Jungkook…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“Bring her to Rapmon as soon as she wakes up. The quicker she talks, the quicker we can get our mission over and done with.” With that, Suga stood up and walked out without waiting for a reply, most likely to return to his bed.

Jungkook thought it was weird how Suga looked at her. His expression was almost unreadable, save for the slight hint of curiosity and something else he couldn’t quite identify. He just shrugged his shoulders and let it go, sometimes his hyungs were weird. Jungkook finished up, replaced the blanket and packed away his equipment, leaving the medical room and heading downstairs, not before swapping the empty bag of saline on Saerom’s drip with a new one.

“Ah, Jungkookie! Good morning!” sang Jimin who was seated at the table along with Hoseok. They were both eating breakfast, while Jin was in the kitchen preparing his own food.

“Morning, Jimin hyung, Hoseok hyung.” Greeted Jungkook before turning down the hallway and heading towards the garage.

“Jeon Jungkook! Where do you think you are going without eating breakfast?” came the scolding voice of Jin, who almost came bounding over at Jungkook with a croissant in one hand and a mug of hot chocolate in the other.

“Oh ! No, Jin hyung. I’m not hungry!” Jungkook exclaimed as he tried to make a run for it.

“Not hungry, my . You are not skipping breakfast again!” Jin practically leaped onto Jungkook and managed to shove the warm croissant into the younger’s mouth, all the while not spilling any of the hot chocolate.

Defeated, Jungkook laid there on the floor in the middle of the hallway, mindlessly chewing on the croissant. “Efry shinguhl dei…” he mumbled with his mouth full of the buttery pastry.

Satisfied with his work, Jin left the mug beside Jungkook’s head, got off him and turned to walk back to the kitchen. “If you are so annoyed when I force you to have breakfast, then maybe you should start eating it yourself instead of skipping.”

Jungkook groaned as he finished eating, getting up and taking the mug with him into the garage. Stepping inside it, he immediately went over to his work bench where all his tools and gadgets were kept. He had been working on making a new gun:  Magnum 0.357. He loved revolvers, he loved the intricacy of their design and how powerful they were. Not to mention they looked super cool both in use and it a holster.

Some may ask: How did a twenty year old learn how to make weapons? Simple. Jungkook was a child genius. His intellect was beyond any person’s his age. He studied university level mathematics in middle school, and even completed an engineering degree during high school. There was no stopping Jungkook when it came to mechanics and engineering. When he joined Bangtan at the age of fifteen, he put his knowledge to use; teaching himself how to make weapons through reverse engineering and maintaining all their vehicles. He even liked to invent gadgets.

Hearing a knock on the door and the sound of footsteps coming towards him, Jungkook set down the half-finished gun and turned towards his visitor.

“Taehyung hyung.”

The lavender-haired boy grinned widely at Jungkook. “Hey Kookie. Do you think it’s okay for me to see Feisty now?”

Junkook looked at Taehyung weirdly. “Feisty?” he cocked an eyebrow.

The elder nodded enthusiastically. “I gave her that nickname because she was struggling so much when I caught her. Almost lost my hold on her! That and I still don’t know her name.” Taehyung looked discouraged at the statement for a millisecond before his trademark boxy grin graced his face again. “So, can I?”

“Oh…” said Jungkook, finally understanding. “I don’t see why you’re asking, hyung, go and see her if you want.” Jungkook said, returning to his gun and ignoring Taehyung as he skipped out of the garage, muttering a quiet “This hyung is super weird” under his breath.

Taehyung practically skipped the whole way to the medical room, his injured leg not bothering him after taking painkillers, only stopping to walk normally when he got to the door. He sat on the stool beside the bed and looked over Saerom.

He was about to reach out to touch her hand with the catheter in it when he heard a soft, pained moan. His head snapped towards Saerom’s face, watching as her face scrunched up the slightest and her head lolled to the side. Withdrawing his hand, he watched as she came to and opened her eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter