~9~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the hell was that?" Hoseok whispered.

"I have no idea." answered Jimin.

They all exchanged wary glances, except Namjoon, who remained still with a knowing look in his eyes. 

Jimin saw this and scrutinised Namjoon's expression with slightly narrowed eyes. "What is it, Namjoon hyung? Do you know something?"

Namjoon turned to look at his orange-haired member, "Let's just say that he has had experience in this kind of thing."

Seokjin hummed in agreement while the younger members tried to wrap their heads around the information. 

"Did he have anxiety?" Asked Taehyung with a confused expression. "Is that why he is so quiet and stoic all the time?"

"What caused it, hyung?" Jungkook spoke up, curiosity written all over his face. 

"It's not my place to tell. Let Yoongi hyung tell you when the time is right." Namjoon told them with a small, sad smile. He paused for a bit before speaking up again, "Breakfast?"

That seemed to have dispersed the tension looming in the air as Taehyung suddenly burst out shouting "Pencakeus, wappurs an seucones~" in English with a very heavy accent. 

Namjoon facepalmed and turned to the younger, hyperactive male, "Taehyung... It's pancakes, waffles and scones. Please practice your pronunciation." Then he turned to his eldest hyung, "Seokjin hyung, we shall continue our discussion later."

Taehyung giggled and skipped into the kitchen chanting those same words in his accented English. Namjoon gave up on trying to get him to say them properly. Seokjin went after Taehyung, not wanting him to burn down the kitchen with his awful culinary skills. 

"Sure thing, Joon-ah. Ya, Kim Taehyung, I am not making all that for breakfast! It's too fattening!" Seokjin called after Taehyung as Jimin giggled at their antics. 

Jungkook scoffed and rolled his eyes at his hyung's words, "Says the one who force fed me a croissant and hot chocolate yesterday..."

"I'll go help Jin hyung with breakfast and restrain Taehyung from killing us all." Announced Hoseok as he made his way out of the living room. 

"Call me when food's ready." Namjoon returned to his office. 

"Not hungry. Bye~" Jungkook walked in the direction of the garage.

"Jeon Jungkook, you are NOT skipping breakfast again!" Came Seokjin's bellowing voice from the kitchen, which Jungkook ignored and continued on his way. 

Jimin was left on his own in the living room. He sighed and looked towards the X-Box controllers which were left abandoned on the carpeted floor and the console which was left on with the game running on the television. Jimin went over and picked up the controllers, put them away and switched off the X-Box and TV. He froze for a second, having realised that he forgot to save their progress before switching it off. 

Aah, ! I didn't save the game. Tae and Kook are gonna kill me!

He decided to just shrug it off and go upstairs to see what Yoongi was up to. He walked up to the doorway of the medical room and peeked his head in to see Yoongi carefully place a very drowsy Saerom on the bed. Jimin stepped into the room and approached the bed. 

"How is she, hyung?" He quietly asked. 

Yoongi didn't look at him when he replied, "She will be fine. Just need to watch her for a little while." 

Jimin examined his hyung's face closely, but the latter showed no emotion as he looked at Saerom's now slumbering form. 

"Hyung."

"Mm?"

Jimin thought carefully before asking, "How did you know how to calm her down so well?"

Yoongi finally looked at Jimin, "Because I use to have attacks just like the one Saerom had just now."

"Why?" Jimin pressed before he could stop himself. 

Yoongi scoffed and chuckled darkly with a half-smile on his lips before he looked away and answered, "It can happen to anyone." With that, Yoongi's half smile slipped from his lips as he regained his usual composure. "You should go and eat breakfast before getting to work, Jimin-ah; you've lost weight again."

Jimin was taken aback by his hyung's words. He looked down at himself to try and see what Yoongi meant by him losing weight. He sighed and shook his head, "I haven't lost weight, Yoongi hyung. I'm still the same," he whined.

Yoongi didn't answer and Jimin looked back at his hyung. 

"You should eat too."

"I'll eat later, when I'm sure she won't do anything stupid. Namjoon needs her to make his plan work." Yoongi replied nonchalantly.

Jimin hummed in reply and turned to leave, "I'll make sure the others leave you something to eat."

Yoongi only nodded his head and heard Jimin walk out. He sighed, then looked at Saerom again and then down at her ring. 

White? What does that mean? Urgh... It doesn't matter! I have work to do. He shook his head and was about to leave when a voice stopped him. 

"I'm such a wreck..."

Yoongi turned to look at Saerom who was now awake and had teary eyes. 

"Sorry you all had to see that. I-I'm getting these flashbacks from my time with G-Got7." She mumbled with a slight frown and sat upright while fiddling with her ring which had turned grey. 

"It's fine." Said Yoongi in a monotonous tone. Then he made his way to the door before asking, "Do you want to go back downstairs?"

Saerom timidly shook her head, "N-not yet. Please."

Yoongi nodded his head once and turned to leave again when Saerom quietly said, "Also, th-thank you. For what you did..." 

"Don't try to kill yourself. If we catch you trying to end your life, you will be in a lot of trouble." With that, he left the medical room. He trusted himself enough to know that he had gotten the message through to her and that she wouldn't try to do anything rash. 

But would Namjoon really care if she killed herself? He thought. Eeh... I don't care. He shook his head to clear it of the thought.

When Yoongi arrived in the dining room, he could see that Taehyung had gotten most of what he had asked for. Pancakes were neatly stacked on eight plates, all with a generous drizzle of maple syrup on top.

All the members minus Jungkook were seated around the table as they calmly ate their pancakes. Taehyung had a knife and fork in his hands and his mouth was already full with the fluffy cooked batter, a bit of maple syrup dripped from his chin. He smiled at Yoongi which made his eyes crinkle up. 

Yoongi took a seat in his usual spot at the table. Everyone went quiet when they saw him and he looked up at each member. 

"What?" He snapped, "Do I have something on my face?"

The 95 liners and Hoseok shook their heads vigorously and avoided Yoongi's hard gaze. He sighed and quietly ate, then took his dish to the sink and went to make his way back upstairs when Namjoon's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"We will resume our discussion once Jin hyung gives food to the girl."

Yoongi just grunted in agreement and went to wait in the office while Jin went upstairs to give Saerom her food and medication.

While in Namjoon's office, seated in front of the desk in a plush office chair, Yoongi's thoughts wondered back to earlier that morning. 

She had so much fear in her eyes. Must have been so stuck inside that flashback.

His thoughts were interrupted when Namjoon came in and sat down, followed by Seokjin, who took a seat next to Yoongi.

"Now, resuming our discussion from earlier," Namjoon began as he leant back in his chair and crossed one leg over the other. "Yoongi hyung, I believe you had a question before?"

Yoongi cleared his throat before speaking, "My question was how are we going to trust her. But it seems irrelevant now that we have seen her in the state she was in earlier."

Seokjin nodded in agreement, "It was already clear from the beginning that she wasn't actually an ally of Got7's from her injuries but her story and the attack just now, proved it." 

"Exactly. Which is why it would be perfect if she could work with us. Got7 wouldn't suspect a thing if they just randomly found her again. She will act as a double agent of sorts. While she does what Got7 wants, she will actually be relaying any information she gets, to us." Namjoon paused for a couple moments and stood up to pace slowly behind his desk. 

"Are we planning an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter