~2~

The Colour of Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Work consisted of arriving at 8:00am, coffee in hand and bag over shoulder. Saerom walked into the studio and greeted her co-workers as she made her way to the dressing rooms at the back of the studio. Finishing off her latte, she threw the empty cup in the bin and placed her bag on one of the tables before pulling out a roll of makeup brushes. Saerom was a makeup artist and worked in a well-known studio where a lot of famous designers and idols did indoor photo shoots. She really loved her job, never getting bored of it because there was something different every day. Not only that, it also took her mind off her anxieties.

Moving over to the makeup station, Saerom took her brushes with her and placed them on the table before reaching underneath it to pull out her makeup kit. It was a rather large suitcase filled with clear pouches containing various makeup products. From foundations, concealers and powders to eyeshadow palettes, liners and false lashes to blushes and lipsticks; you name it. She even had a separate kit for special effects makeup! To say that she was proud of her extensive makeup kit was a bit of an understatement. It may have taken her a couple years to build up such a kit, but it was worth it as it allowed her to do her job and unleash her creativity.

She carefully set out all the makeup she would need for today’s first shoot before she was approached by Mina, the stylist with whom she worked.

“Hey Saerom! Our first client will be here in about fifteen minutes. I just wanted to go through the briefing one last time with you.” Mina smiled warmly as she said this, holding onto a booklet.

Saerom smiled back slightly, “Sure. Are there any changes?”

“Yeah, just a couple. You see how on the mood board here, they wanted more of a glamour look?” said Mina, flipping the page on her booklet and pointing to a reference picture. Saerom nodded her head before Mina continued, “Well, I got an email from the client last night saying that they now want something more avant garde. So you can take the reins on this one and go all out.”

Saerom internally beamed at this, her ring turning a vibrant purple. She loved getting really creative with her work. This was going to be a good day.

“Okay, thanks for letting me know, Mina. Any other changes?”

Mina nodded, “There are, but not with makeup. I have to talk to Minjoon about the hair. You know how big designer labels are so fussy with the look they want for their campaigns .”

Saerom hummed her agreement and Mina left to go find the hairstylist, Minjoon.

Just as Saerom turned back to her makeup, she heard the door to the dressing room open and a loud voice call, “Hello, my darlings! How are we all?”

A woman, aged in her early fifties and wearing a rather flamboyant outfit, waltzed through the door with six stick-thin models flanking her.

Seems like the first client has arrived. Time to get started! Saerom thought to herself. She greeted the designer and motioned for a model to sit in the makeup chair. Pulling up her sleeves and grabbing some primer and a foundation brush, Saerom began her work.

By the time she finished with the first shoot and started the next, Saerom was starting to get tired. This next client was a group of idols, and the look they wanted was very simple. It was when Saerom was standing behind the cameraman, looking at her work through the monitor, when something from her peripheral vision caught her eye. She turned her head to look out the window and spotted a man wearing dark,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter