Will you marry me?

Trying To Avoid Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri was sound asleep when her phone rang loud. She tossed in her bed, searching for her cell phone to shut off the vexing ring that was echoing in her skull. She finally found her phone and looked at the front screen; by the time she had taken it, Yunho had called her twice. 
I'll call him back later, she thought to herself. 
She was about to go back to sleeping but she heard some noise coming from the kitchen, and she smiled at the thought that Jessica was down there, in her kitchen, making her breakfast. She immediately forgot about sleeping and hastily got up, washed her face and corrected her hair and tip-toed downstairs. She strolled lazily into the kitchen, and as she walked in, her eyes traced Jessica's figure. And not only... Jessica was singing some song in English to herself, a probable reason why she didn't hear Yuri come in. Yuri liked staring at her, and she always watched her as if in a daze. 
“Hey.” The sound of Yuri's voice at last brought Jessica's head up with a jerk. She looked up — into those deep brown, loving eyes, staring down at her. 
“Hey.” Jessica managed a smile. “How are you feeling?” 
“Not bad. Yourself?” 
“Fine, I guess.” came the reply. They looked at each other, and it was crystal clear that neither of them knew what to say. 
“You must be hungry. The breakfast is ready, let me get the lemonade.” Jessica turned around and walked to the fridge to pull out the lemonade. As she reached to fill the glasses, Yuri came up to her from behind, and her hand travelled down Jessica's arm. She took the pitcher from Jessica and set it aside, then moved the glasses next to it. Her other hand wrapped itself around Jessica's waist and pulled her in close. Being less-than-tall herself, Jessica's body melted into Yuri's as the latter buried her head, bent down to reach her, into her neck. 
“You have an amazing voice.” she crooned into Jessica's ear as she nuzzled her hair. 
“T-thanks.” Jessica stuttered, clearly distancing herself a little. Upon noticing that, Yuri backed down and the atmosphere became a little tense. “I will … — Yuri quivered, — wait for you at the table.” 

When Jessica arrived in less than a minute, she couldn't help but feel Yuri's eyes on her. 
She glanced over at her, “What?” she asked. 
“Nothing. Just thinking how great you are.” Yuri grabbed her hand gave it a squeeze. 
They looked at each other for a long moment before the phone ringing interrupted and brought them back to the reality. Yuri frowned at the screen but answered the call anyway. 
“Hello?... I'm fine ... I know, sorry, I just didn't want to disturb you ... I'm at home now … Okay, have a safe flight … Bye”
She hung up and turned back to Jessica. “Was that Yunho?” the latter asked. 
“Yeah. He returns today. By the way, you’re going to come to his birthday party, right?” 
Jessica took a minute to think, and all she came up with was, “Not sure really.” 
“Come on! You haven’t come to any of those celebrations before, otherwise we could have met earlier. Please come~!” Yuri pleaded with her aegyo voice, nudging Jessica. 
“Okay, okay,” Jessica gave up and faked a smile. But her mind was clouded with something else. Yunho’s birthday was the day after tomorrow… so when would Yuri break up with him? “Yuri, — Jessica spoke up, her voice hung between serious and hesitant, — You aren’t going to ruin his birthday… right?” 
“What do you mean?” Yuri frowned. 
“You said you’d break up. You’ll wait till the celebration is over, right?” 
“Oh… — Yuri dropped her gaze onto the plate, — Yeah. Guess so.” 

The birthday party was always a place of unrestrained joy: music filled the air, along with streams of spirits that f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter