The moment where it all began...

Trying To Avoid Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And she wasn’t wrong. For the whole day, they talked about everything and nothing, and conversation occasionally got more personal: Yuri's whole life story came out, and she couldn't help but notice how she'd babble on about anything and everything and not feel self-conscious when she was around Jessica. 
It was the eveningtime when Jessica suggested watching a movie, and herself went to Yuri’s room to get popcorn bowl they had bought when they were outside. She came back a few minutes later and sat down. Yuri picked up the remote and flicked on the movie, it was still in the opening credits and Jessica was surprised. 
"You sat down here all that time and didn't watch any of the movie?" she asked. 
Yuri blushed sweetly. "I was waiting for you..." she murmured. 
“That’s..cute.” Jessica let a smile spread over her face, and that made Yuri's blush deepen. They watched the movie for a few minutes, eating the popcorn from the bowl between them. Suddenly, Yuri picked it up and touched Jessica's arm. 
"Can I scoot over and sit next to you?" she shyly asked. Jessica couldn't resist that killer sweet smile so she raised her arm to welcome Yuri to snuggle. Yuri quickly burrowed in next to her with an excited smile on her face, and brought the bowl onto their laps. 
They returned to watching the movie, and their fingers occasionally met in the bowl, sending shivers down Yuri's spine every time. When the bowl was empty, Yuri put it aside and laid her head on Sica's shoulder, and that made Jessica lose her entire concentration on the movie. All she could think about was how good it felt to be with Yuri. 
She stayed still for the length of the movie, adsorbing the sensations of Yuri's head on her shoulder. At last, when the movie ended, they still hadn't moved. Jessica carefully looked over at Yuri: her eyes were closed and she appeared to be asleep. 
"Yuri?" she whispered. 
“Hmmm?..." was the only sleepy response. 
"The movie ended." 
"Mhm.." Yuri replied wearily again. Jessica felt her stir and saw her open her eyes blearily. 
“Wow!" Yuri suddenly exclaimed. "It's late!" 
She stood up as if preparing to leave, but she suddenly felt Jessica grab her arm. 
"Would you mind staying here tonight?" Jessica asked. The question hit Yuri and sent chills down her spine. She looked over to the other side of the room, and realised that if she stayed, she’d be sharing the bed with Jessica herself, and that was more than she could handle. Probably. 
“S-sure…” she quivered. 
“If you don’t want to, it’s okay. I just thought you were tired.” 
“No no, it’s fine.” Yuri quickly declared. In fact, other than needing Yuri to stay with her, Jessica had other reasons to ask her to stay there. The weather was forecasted to be awful for the night, and Jessica was actually afraid of the thunder, despite being over 25 years old and already a married woman. Yuri gulped nervously as soon as they got in the bed. 
"Yuri..." Jessica whispered.
"Hmm?" 
"Do you mind if I sleep in your arms?" Jessica asked. 
Yuri felt the heat growing in her cheeks. Blushing would have never been a problem, but what she did was go as red as a beetroot and radiate heat like a hot pan. Still, she couldn't think of a good reason to say no, except she felt tempted but paralyzed. She lifted the cover next to her invitingly, and turned nervously on her side as Jessica pushed herself against her side. Her arms went around Jessica's back and she pulled her toward her body, holding her breath anxiously. She could feel Jessica occasionally clasping onto her whenever she heard the thunder's loud sound. 
"Do you hug Donghae when you hear this noise?" Yuri asked, utterly curious. 
Jessica froze for a minute or two, contemplating the question and thinking of an answer. "No." she said at last. Yuri's lips unconsciously lifted into a smirk, and she held Jessica closer, slowly drifting off to sleep... 

When she slowly woke from her long sleep in the morning, she could still feel warm arms around her, slightly startled she blinked her eyes open and looked down to see Jessica sleeping. Yuri watched her for some time, admiring even the slight rise and fall of her chest, the gentle snuffling noises of her breath, her face angelic and fresh... Yuri's finger uncontrollably went over to Jessica's cheek and it ever so softly. 
'Why does it have to be so complicated... so difficult...' She had to use all of her willpower to resist the impulse to lean in and just kiss her. Before she could do something stupid, she cautiously forced herself to get up, careful not to wake Jessica up and maybe do something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter