Day 1: The Beginning

Trying To Avoid Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Yuri.

She was an attractive glamorous-looking young woman in her mid-twenties, with long, wavy espresso-coloured hair and midnight-coloured eyes with so much light in them. Her features were perfectly related, and she was very slender, her tallness along with her slim figure making her look stunner. But even though she had graced nearly every billboard or magazine cover, she had her eyes on some other female who also participated in the evening event. That was one classically beautiful woman around the same age as Yuri herself. Her hair was honey blonde mixed with honey brown, with stands that stood out like the colour of fresh chestnuts with their glossy skins in autumn light. Her skin was completely flawless, like silk over glass and she radiated an intelligent beauty. What caught Yuri’s attention most were her exceptionally expressive eyes, that never failed to make a strong, unforgettable eye contact. Her large liquid brown eyes held such an intelligence and serenity that it was impossible for Yuri not to be held prisoner by them. 
“Oh, Yuri-ssi! Good evening.” a masculine voice summoned her from her focus. Yuri turned around to see the young man calling out for her. Lee Donghae. The man of any girl's dream. He had smooth flawless skin, soft sharp lips that were captivating, and eyes that glinted under the moonlight. He warmly greeted her and... her boyfriend, Jung Yunho. 
“Good evening, Donghae-ssi.” Yuri bowed. 
“I want you to meet someone.” Donghae gently placed his hand on Yuri’s back and made a gesture to come forward. Obeying, Yuri took a few steps forward and felt her blood vibrating when they finally approached the woman who kept Yuri's eyes on herself for the entire evening. Donghae stood next to her and cleared his voice. “Let me introduce Jessica. My fiancee. And this is Yuri-ssi, Yunho-ssi’s bride-to-be.” 
‘Jessica…’ the name repeated in Yuri’s mind. Somehow, she found herself disappointed to know that she was someone else’s wife. She still couldn’t entirely get the reason, though. But when Jessica turned and smiled, all thoughts of inquiry fled. 
“Honoured to meet you.” her voice, ever so soft and honeyed, reached Yuri’s ears and filled her senses. Could this woman be any more flawless? 
“Honoured to meet you too.” Yuri replied soon. 
“You better get along well. We’ll be spending the weekends together.” Donghae chuckled, but he soon realised his mistake when he noticed the register of confusion on Yuri’s face and the annoyance drawn into every feature of Yunho’s. “Oops, was that supposed to be a surprise?” 
“It was, Donghae. I guess I’m the one to blame since I forgot to warn you.” Yunho grumbled, running sarcasm through his words. Yunho and Donghae were both wealthy businessmen and good friends, and the main reason Yuri was participating in the event was Yunho. She had been dating him for almost a year now and he was certainly the best boyfriend she could ask for.
“Now that you know, Yuri-ssi, we are planning to head out for Sokcho.” Donghae informed, also explaining that the weather will be good enough to spend the weekend at the beach together. Yuri obviously felt good to know that she’d be spending at least a few days with a chance to get to know Jessica better, still unaware of why exactly her attention was solely focused on this woman. Now that Yuri was next to her, it was far easier to observe her discreetly. Her expression was pleasant, but her eyes betrayed the smile. Jessica’s eyes, naturally dark by their colour, held a greater darkness resembling cold whenever she looked at her husband. They held no warmth, and they sold her out every time she tried to appear loving and warm toward him. 
— 
“So how did you like Jessica?” Yunho idly asked while driving to Yuri’s place. The event had ended and they were already in the car, driving back home. 
“She’s nice.” Yuri told, hundreds of adjectives rushing to her mind. She searched for the right word to describe Jessica, but none was enough. It might have been all the things Yuri had seen on the surface, but it didn’t take her long to realise what Jessica did set her apart from everyone else. Her mild-mannered and sophisticated attitude was only one factor to admire her. The way she walked, the way she talked, every little action, every single word, every simple eye contact - such little things, or, the combination of all these things made her special. She was a rare person, Yuri could tell that even though she knew nothing about Jessica at all. 
“When were you going to tell me about Sokcho?” Yuri glanced at Yunho, a small, secretive smile forming on her lips. 
“Tomorrow. That Donghae…” Yunho grumbled, his right hand reached down and began sliding against Yuri's leg. 
Yuri chuckled. “Just the four of us? I hope it’s not a business trip?” 
“Me and Donghae will have a couple of things to get done. You and Jessica could enjoy each other’s company meanwhile. She’s an interesting interlocutor, I’m sure you’ll like her.” 
“Thank you, for everything.” Yuri smiled and held Yunho’s hand with interlocking fingers. 
“Don’t thank me. You’ve been busy with work lately, you need a break.” 
What Yunho didn’t know was that Yuri already liked Jessica’s company. And she was eager to spend the weekend with her. 
— 
Friday 
Just that morning, Yuri had packed her things in for the road trip. Donghae's eyes nearly bugged out of his head as he felt the weight of her suitcase. A bunch of batteries and cosmetics and magazines… 
"What the hell did you put in here?” he asked. 
Chuckling at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter