Amid Love, Attachment and Hate

Trying To Avoid Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae had grown up with no sentiment for apologizing, and Jessica knew that well. She knew he wouldn't apologize so she didn't even bother to wait for him to say something. As she got back to her room after parting with Yuri, she silently made her way to the bathroom and took a quick shower, later wearing her pyjamas to go to sleep. 
However, she was utterly surprised when Donghae suddenly walked up to her and grabbed her arm. “Jessica, wait.” he said, and heaved a sigh. “Look, I'm sorry. Really.” he struggled to say, and it didn't go unnoticed by Jessica. She didn't reply. His apology wasn't needed. But she looked up surprised when she felt his arm snake under hers. She attempted to pull away but he acted faster: he quickly pulled her body against his in a sort of hug. 
“I'm truly sorry for everything.” he said as his mind drifted back to the morning. He really had fallen so low. Apologising was the least thing he could do. 
“Just let me go.” Jessica demanded and tried to push him away, but he was much stronger and refused to let go. 
“I know what I did to you was horrible. I shouldn't have done that, regardless of the circumstance.” he loosened the hug and noticed her eyes drift downward and she blew out a sigh of inconvenience. She still kept squirming in his grip which could only indicate how uncomfortable she felt. 
"I know there is no way I can make it up to you. But I really want you to know how sorry I am. I didn't mean to hurt you." Donghae continued. 
Minutes passed but she still hadn't said anything, which had Donghae worried. She was usually the one who would not shut up whenever they had arguments. 
And he indeed felt horrible for hurting her. When did he transform into someone who would easily raise his hand at his woman? Guilt went through him and he felt an ache in his chest, urging him to earn her apology by any means. 
He slowly bent his head and leaned slightly forward until he felt the taste of her lips. 
"What are you doing?" she pulled away and stammered, obviously shaken by what she hadn't seen coming. Her resistance went off because of the shock she had felt, so he felt free to pin her against the wall as he lightly placed his lips on hers again, and traced little kisses around . Jessica still stood frozen, her lips unmoving while his lips angled across hers. 
"S-stop!” she finally sobered and succeeded in getting away from his grip. 
"I'm sorry." Donghae shook his head. Wait, why was he sorry? She was his wife. He had the right to kiss her whenever he wanted to. But before he could formulate an argument, she went on. 
"Listen, don't forget what made me marry you. Don’t cross the line." 
Donghae let out a long sigh of annoyance, his shoulders tensed. “This is the problem." came his frustrated voice. “If only you gave me a chance we could be happy, I swear, but you just chose to stay arrogant and indifferent to how I feel.”
“Let's just not start it all over, Donghae.” Jessica almost cut him off, her voice dangerously quiet as she moved the blanket and got herself in the bed. 
Donghae huffed and went over to turn off the lights. Whether or not Jessica accepted his apology was unknown to him too, but he was too frustrated to talk to her at that moment. 
“You're right. Sorry.” was the last thing he said before getting in the bed. 
— 
Meanwhile, YunRi’s room. 

“Thank you so much.” Yuri said as she wrapped her arms around Yunho's neck and hid her face against his chest. A moment later, she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her against a strong ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter