Questions without Answers

Trying To Avoid Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey folks! I don't usually make author notes, but I just wanted to apologise for not having updated in a long time. I’m very, very sorry for leaving this story for months. I’m finally back and plan on updating sooner and much more often now that I’m back here and free enough to write more quickly. Hope you will like it. Any kind of opinion is much appreciated. Take care~! 
~

Yuri’s heart was still thudding in her chest. She inhaled a chestful of air and exhaled with a whoosh, partly willing her heart to slow down. 
“What have you done, Kwon Yuri…” she muttered under her breath as she raked her hands through her locks. “You're not into girls. You can't be. You've got a boy.” she squeezed her eyes shut. The words didn't sound reassuring. She definitely had a thing for girls. Hell, she definitely had a thing for Jessica Jung. She tried to deny that, but she knew it was too real to ignore. She sighed and tilted her head back to the door. 

Meanwhile, Jessica’s condition was no different. Her mind was still a surging perplexity. What was it just now? What it meant? What was it done for? She had too many questions, each one requiring its own answer but none getting satisfied with the popping explanations. She wore a puzzled expression and was feeling conflicted. Did she... just cheat on her husband? Although her mind was a clear mess, she could clearly remember how she actually returned the kiss. On the other hand, though, she couldn’t deny that when Yuri kissed her, something felt different. Like a weight had been lifted off her. As odd as it sounded, she felt more free. But it was wrong, wrong in every way possible. No matter how right she felt at that moment, her head swam with half-formed regrets. But still, Yuri was a girl. A girl who had a boyfriend she’d most likely get married to. A boyfriend who’s been Jessica’s husband’s best friend for years. A husband that she never loved; and never would. 

Just at that moment, she heard a knock on the door. Doubtlessly, it was Yuri, she bet. However, she didn’t know whether she actually was ready to face her now. It felt too soon yet. But she also knew that 'now or never' type of situation. She either had to talk to Yuri now or there would be no time later; since they wouldn't get the time for themselves when their men would be back. 

She finally managed to open the door a few seconds later and let out a startled gasp of pain when her eyes met Yuri. She looked like she just took a huge step back from life. Yuri who was here just 5 minutes ago and Yuri who was standing before her just now were two different people. 
There was a long silence that fell between them and after what felt like an eternity, Yuri finally lifted her head to stare at Jessica.  Jessica looked at her and again, Yuri felt drawn into her. She wondered if it was something Jessica was doing on purpose or if it was just the way she was. 

“Um, so…” Yuri gulped. “I guess we have to talk…” 
“I guess so.” Jessica said and held the door wider to give her an access into the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter