CHAPTER 7: I’M SORRY TO MAKE YOU WORRIED

AFTER LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Hyun Joong arrived at his home, he went straight to his room. Luckily he didn’t bumped with his Grandma as she already went to sleep. He slumped on his bed when he already done with his bath. He checked on his phone and something strikes him on.

“I just remembered that we’re not having each other numbers. Haha. You’re a pabo, Hyun Joong.”  He chuckled to himself and getting ready to sleep when his phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Oppa.” He recognised the voice and sit back o his bed.

“Oh, So Eunnie. How are you? It’s been a long time you came here.”

“Sorry, Oppa. I got busy with my final year now.”

“Oh, you’re in your final year? That’s great.”

“Yeah. I just called to let you know it’s my new number.”

“So, it’s you who been calling me since then.”

“Of course I am. When you didn’t called me back, I thought that you might be ignored the unknown number.”

“You bet me. Keke.”

“That’s so like you Oppa. So, any news on you?”

“Me? Like what?” Hyun Joong cleared his throat nad So Eun chuckle to him.

“Omma told me about Grandma.”

“Oh, that. I guess you heard a lot from Aunt.”

“Not much because I really want to hear it from you.”

“Seriously, So Eun?”

“ Yes, I am. You can’t run a way now, Oppa.”

“Hah. What are you now? Threatening me?”

“No. I’m not. Actually, I know that girl.”

“You know her? I mean, you know Jung So Min?”

“Yup. And for your information, she’s my dearest friend and best friend.”  Hyun Joong instantly stands from his bed and wanders inside his room.

“You’ve got to be kidding me right?”

“Why should I?”

“Oh, okay.”

“So, any progress between you two? Actually, I kind of excited when I heard her mentioned abut you Oppa.?”

“Waeyo?”

“I don’t know. I think she suits you better than the other.”

“Cut it out, So Eunnie.”

“I’m being serious here Oppa. So, did you two come to a decision yet?”

“Actually, we haven’t met after the meeting that night.”

“What?! You’ve got to be kidding me Oppa”

“Nope.”
 

“Oh come on. How can you be so slow in this, Oppa. I think that’s why she’s been so depressed and her expression kind of trouble when we’re met at the campus.”

“Did she?”

“Yeah. In fact, the guy.. no. The jerk she’s falling hard is causing her problems.”

“Problems?”

“Yeah. He seems not serious with her. He still wanders with different girls and she seems hoping that he will changed for the sake of her.” Both of them falls silent after So Eun spills everything to Hyun Joong. She opens again after that.

“Oppa. Can you do me favour?”

“A favour? What is it this time, Kim So Eun?”

“Please tell her to stay away from him. I want So Min to stay away from Min Ki .”

“I don’t think I can do that. In fact, we’re no one to each other.”

“Oppa. You’re her future fiancée, right?”

“I can’t answer that.”

“Please, Oppa. I kind of worried of her lately. That Min Ki has started to be rough with her.” Hyun Joong sigh as he answer her later.

“I try what I can do.”

“Really? Thank you, Oppa. You know I love right?” So Eun giggles as she said that and Hyun Joong didn’t but that at all.

“Yeah right. I know you, Kim So Eun.”

“Keke. Okay, Oppa. I’ve got to go. See you later, okay. Goodnight.” They both bid a goodbye and Hyun Joong smiles to himself as he imagne how cheerful and mumbling Kim So Eun can be when she’s with him. It’s different with his Hyung. She seems comfortable with him rather than his Hyung. Sometime, his Hyung will act hurts as she keeps ignoring him back then.

“Maybe I can visit her tomorrow at her campus.” After that, Hyun Joong falls to sleep until he woke up late. Luckily he already mentioned to his secretary that he’s on his leave as soon he woke from his sleep.

“Thanks, Lina. And please postponed all my appointments to day to the other day.”

“Alright, Boss. Uhmm, Boss?”

“Yeah?”

“Did you doing fine?”

“I’m fine. Thanks for asking. Today I’ve got something to do. See you, Lina. Bye.”

“Oh, bye Boss. Have a good day.” He hangs up his phone and went down for a breakfast. Mrs Kim looks surprised as she saw her son at that moment.

“Oh, you’re still here Hyun Joong.”

“Yeah. I took my off for today.” Hyun Joong place himself at the table and get his breakfast.

“So, how’s So Min?” As he heard So Min’s name, he choked on his juice and Mrs Kim chuckles to him and pat him back after that.

“So Min? How should I know?” He wipes his mouth and continues to eat his breakfast.

“What do mean? Did you guys never meet or contacting?” He shakes his head and continue to dig his food without any guilty at all. Mrs Kim glares at him and shakes her head.

“Then, the time that Grandma agreed on you is come to end. What you’re supposed to do?”

“I don’t know either.” He finishes the last bites on his food and stand to leave the house.

“Where you’re going? I thought you said it’s your day off.”

“I’m going to meet So Eun at her campus.”

“So Eun? You mean So Eunnie?”

“Yup.” Hyun Joong gets his car key and Mrs Kim is tailing him from behind.

“So Min?”

“What about her?”

“You’re meeting So Eun, then So Min?” Hyun Joong chuckles as he wears his shoes.

“I’m planning meeting her too since So Eunnie went to the same university as her. In fact, I’m going to have a proper discussion about this matter. So, I’m going now. Bye, Mummy.” He kiss his Mummy’s cheek and left quickly before Mrs Kim ask another questions to him.

Hyun Joong starts his engine’s car and left the home. On the road, he calls So Eun.

“So Eun-ah.”

“De, Oppa.”

“I’m on my way to your campus now. Are you free after this?”

“You are? Ottoke, Oppa. I’ve got one class after the lunch. If you want, you can wait for me at the cafe for a while.”

“Really? It’s okay. I just wait for you then. Actually, I got something to talk to with So Min too. Is she with you now?”

“Right now not. She’s not here yet. Don’t worry, Oppa. I let her know when  she’s here.”

“Okay. So, I meet you at 2?”

“Sounds good. Bye, Oppa.”

Since it’s only weekdays, Hyun Joong got anywhere else to go. His friend, Young Saeng must be on his office right now. So he decided to wonders around the mall while wait for the lunch hour. He got some blouses for So Eun and he intend to give something to So Min but he can’t find a suitable one for her.

So he just wanders more inside the mall and his eyes catch simple flat shoes. It looks like a ballet shoes and he can imagine So Min wears that.

“She sure will look shorter in those shoes.” He goes inside the stores and take a look at the shoes.

“For this design, what colour did you have?”

“Instead of this white, we have black and pink.”

“May I have take a look for the pink one?”

“Sure, which size, Sir?”

Crap! Hyun Joong looks surprise as the sells girl asked him about the size. She looks the girl for a while and smile awkwardly. The girl must be have the same height as So Min as he thinks and looks at her from head to toe. Moreover, So Eun too have a petite body and perhaps they share the same size of clothing and shoes.

“36.. maybe?”

“Okay. I’ll go check it for a moment.” The girl left him and went into the storage room. After a while, she came back with empty hand.

“Sorry, Sir. We’re out of the size you requested earlier. But, we do have a size of 37.”

“37? Is that going too big?”

“I don’t think so, Sir. Perhaps it will fit the person more comfortable. Moreover, you can return it to us after a week you purchased it if the size doesn’t fit.”

“Really? If that so, I’ll go with that size and I want to see it first.”

“Of course, Sir.” The girl smiles and left him again and brings a box of shoes to Hyun Joong. He looks at the shoes before return it back for the payment.

When he finish his shopping, he looks at his watch and it’s near lunch hour. He finds a restaurant and get himself a lunch. When he’s about to dig his food, someone approach him.

“Are you alone?”

“Oh, Lina?” Hyun Joong looks surprise to see Lina in front of him right now.

“It’s a surprise to see you having lunch here, Boss.” She said as she smiles sweetly at him.

“De, I’ve got something to shop here so I decided to have lunch here. Are you alone too?” Hyun Joong ask as he looks around them.

“I am. May I join you?” She ask shyly and Hyun Joong looks hesitant to invite her at first.

“It’s okay, Boss. I can leave if you..” She fake her sadness and about to leave when Hyun Joong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter