CHAPTER 11: HOSPITAL

AFTER LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here. Dial your Omma’s number.”

Hyun Joong hands her his phone and So Min takes it reluctantly. She can see the trouble at his face.

“What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know. Yours is out of battery. Call your Omma now. I feel something not right.”

So Min obey and call her Omma back. Once her Omma answer her phone, So Min pass back the phone to Hyun Joong.

“De, Mrs Jung? What’s wrong? Why did you want to talk to me?”

“Hyun Joong-ah. We’re you still driving?”

“No. I park at the side. What’s wrong, Mrs Jung?”

“I need you to stay calm okay. Can you come to the hospital now?”

“Hospital?”

So Min straighten her seat and looks at Hyun Joong. He gulps hard as he too looks at her.

“De. It’s your Grandma. She’s admitted here.”

“Grandma?! Is she okay?”

“We still waiting for the doctor to inform us.”

“Mommy and Daddy? Are they there too?”

“De. They’re here. me and your Uncle Jung came here as we heard the news.”

“Okay. I come now.”

Hyun Joong shoves his phone inside his pocket and dash his car to the hospital. He’s driving faster and it scared So Min.

“Hyun Joong-shi. What’s wrong? Who’s admitted to the hospital?”

“It’s Grandma. She’s there.”

“Grandma?!”

“De. Our parent s all there still waits for the doctor to inform them about Grandma. Sorry, but I had to drive faster.

“... but, don’t get too fast, Hyun Joong-shi. It’s dangerous. Take it easy.”

“...”

Hyun Joong didn’t seem to hear her voice as he speed his car. One time he will turn to right. One time he will turn to left. So Min saw a truck at it speed too and since the traffic light turn yellow, she holds his arm to prevent him to speed.

“Hyun Joong-shi... slow down. It will turn red later.”

“...”

“Hyun Joong! Stop! The truck!”

Hyun Joong manage to brakes his car as both of them collapse to in front at the dashboard especially So Min.

“You’re alright? Mian. Did you hurt you head?”

So Min knocks her forehead at the dashboard and luckily he’s wearing the seatbelt. The impact is not serious.

“So Min?”

“I’m... fine... please don’t drive too fast.”

“..De.. Sorry. Let me take a look at it.”

He removes her bangs on her forehead. It turns red and there’s a slight swollen at her right forehead. He brings out his handkerchief and blows it hard. Once the handkerchief   is warm, he put it on her forehead. So Min froze as she stays still all the time. 

“Hold it right here. Just blow it before put it at your forehead.”

He continues drives back. He’s still speed his car but at the same time cautious not to drive too fast.

Once they arrive at the hospital, Hyun Joong runs out from the car leaving So Min behind. She’s struggle in following him from behind.

“Mommy! Daddy! How’s Grandma? Where is Grandpa?”

“Oh! Hyun Joong, you’re here. Grandpa is meeting the doctor. Grandma is stable. But, we can’t see her yet.”

“What happen actually?”

“She’s fainted after she complaint that she can’t breathe this morning. She falls near the stairs.”

So Min come and greets the Kims and go to her parents. She hugs her Omma and stands near her Omma.

“Did Grandma okay, Omma?”

“Yeah, she’s stable but we can’t see her yet. Grandpa Kim is in with the doctor.”

They all wait for a while until the door open. Grandpa Kim and the doctor come out. The doctor talks to them before leaving.

“It’s not a heart attack. Grandma Kim just exhausted and the cause of her trouble to breathing is because of the lack of rest. Probably she’s stressing out of something lately. Do not let her stressing her more after this. I’m afraid it can cause the heart attack or .”

“Stress? But, Si Won, we never seen her depressed or sad or something pressure her.”

So Min shock as she heard Mr Kim address the doctor by his name.

“She might be hides it well, Uncle. I’ve talked to Grandpa Kim earlier. It’s better to let her stay here for a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter