Ch.6

I'd risk everything if it's for you

I was allowed out of the hospital the next day and eventhough Tao was unsure, I couldn't wait to get away.
I had so much to learn, so best get started straight away.
I was so nervous, what if I messed up? I wasn't even 100% sure that I would become a ghoul, I was only doing this to be on the safe side.
Tao took my hand, it was as if he knew I was scared again.
'You'll be fine' he told me 'I promise, we just have to be careful to not do anything that might trigger the ghouln part of your body to become active'
'You make it sound so easy' I rolled my eyes.
'It will be, you'll have me to take care of you' he smiled and I blushed.
Was I getting feelings for Tao? No, I couldn't be> i mean he kept thinking I was his sister, there's no way he felt tha same way but that didnt matter because I did NOT like him like that.
...
'Well well, did i hear hear correct?' a snide voice said behind us 'the lil street rat is one o us?'
'You better hope now Kris' replied Tao without looking at him 'because is she is even a little bit, I'm going to kill you' Kris laughed.
'Like to see you try'
'Tao ignore him, let's just go' I tried to push him away but he didn't listen.
'Say that again' he whispered.
'I'd...like...to...see...you...try' he said slower and laughed again.
'Tao don't...' too late.
He grabbed Kris by the throat and held him against the wall.
'Tao stop it! this isn't right!' I shouted.
'I'd listen to her if |I were you' choked Kris 'or don't you wanna know where yer precious sister is?'
'What the hell did you just say?' Kris smirked.
'Ya heard me, I know where she is' Tao dropped him.
'What have you dont to her?' he hissed n'if you hurt her in any way...'
'I just gave her wha she want'd is all' Tao kicked him and he flew into a pile of trash cans.
'WHERE IS SHE?!' he yelled as a figure came out of the shadows.

'Mei?' Tao whispered 'Is...is it really you?'
The girl nodded 'Hello Taozi' she said and smiled.
'Where have you been? I've been looking for you for months'
'I told you not to try and look for me Tao' she looked to the floor.
'How could I not look for you Mei? you're my baby sister'
'I left because I was scared, scared you'd lose youself and attack me'
'I would never hurt you'
'You can't know that, not with how you live. You're too unpredicable when you don't eat, remember?
'That was an accident, I'd only just discovered what I was, I can control it better now, I swear. Just please come home'
She shook her head 'I can't'
'Why? because of him??'
Tao went to attack Kris but Mei stood in front of them.
'What are you doing? he asked her in shock.
'Leave Kris alone' she said 'he's the one that saved me, he made me stronger'
'Mei, please tell me you're not'
She nodded and four tentacle like apendages grew from her back and hardened pointing at Tao.
Her kagune.
...
'I don't want to hurt you brother, but if you attack Kris again then I will' behind her, Kris stood up and kissed her neck.
'Isn't she wonderful? I'm quite impressed with how she turned out' he smirked.
Tao growled, his own kagune now flowing too. He didn't care about Mei's warning, he was looking for another chance to attack Kris.
'I meant what I said Tao' she said so quietly I almost didn't catch it.
'Mei, you were scared of becoming like me. Why change now?'
'I was fed up of feeling scared. I wanted to be strong and powerful. To be the predator instead of the prey' she paused 'is that so hard to understand?'
Of course it isn't but why do it like this?' Mei didn't reply.
'Tao let's just go, we're not getting anywhere here' I touched his shoulder but he shrugged me off and walked away from me 'Tao wait!!' I called.
At least Mei was alive, maybe that meant that there was still a chance to save her.