Ch.4

I'd risk everything if it's for you

I wondered around all the places Tao had mentioned that he and his sister used to visit and asked people if they had seen her but no one had.
This was beginning to look hopless, how can no one had seen her? this place wasn't that big.
I sat down on a park bench to try and re think my options when a boy about my age came and sat next to me.
'Can I help you? I asked without lookin at him.
'What? can't a guy sit down?'
'Does said guy have to sit right by me when there are plenty of other benches?'
'Wow fiesty one you aint ya?' he laughed 'ya got a name?'
'Yes but I'm not gonna tell you' I got up to leave but he grabbed my arm.
'I ain't done talking'
'Well I am, so let go'
I saw his eyes flash red 'yer coming with me'
'And if I refuse?' I asked
The boy his lips and another flash of red glinted in his bright blue eyes.
'Then I eat you'
Seemed fair enough I thought so I followed him.

'I'll ask ya again, what's yer name?'
'And I'll tell you again, I ain't gonna tell ya' I replied and paused 'unless you give me some information' I knew what this guy was, it was obvious but I wasn't scared, eventhough I should be.
'Why would I make deals with a human?'
'Beacuse you were human too once, you know how we work' I said.
'You're clever, I mighta understamated ya'
'Well thank you very much' I smiled.
'So whatcha wanna know?' I showed him the picture.
'Know her?'
'Ye, that's Mei' he replied 'haven't seen her for a while though, how is she?
'I don't know, I'm looking for her as a favour to her brother' he rasied his eyebrow
'Who's her brother?'
'Tao, you know him too?' I asked a bit unsure about his reaction.
'Ya could say tha, yeah but that dun matter now, I've done my side now it's yer turn'
I smiled 'I don;t think so, seeya!' I made a run for it...bad idea...
'Oh no ya don't. Get 'er!' I was trapped.
'Now now' I said, let's take this calmly'
'Ya seriously thought you could trick us eh?
'Thought yes but clearly you are all way more clever than me...hey ow! those are attatched ya know!' I said as one of them pulled my arms back to hold me.
'Dont worry, they won't be fer long' he replied laughing.
'Allow me to go first then' the leader got right up in my face and smiled 'my name is Kris, and you are?'
I sighed 'Xia' I replied quietly.
'See now that wasn't so bad was it? just one word was all I needed'
'So you're gonna let me go now?' Kris laughed.
'No' I'd failed at the first hurdle, great.

'I'd let her go if I was you' how did Tao know I was here? 'she hasn't done anything wrong'
'Mighta known you;d be behind this' smirked Kris 'gimme one good reason t' let her go'
'Because, if you don't thenI'll kill you' the ghouls around Tao laughed but he stood his ground.
The one that was holding me dropped me to the floor and they surrounded him.
I couldn't watch, but I had to.
'Bring it on' one of them said.
I'd always wondered how ghouls faught...I was a weird child ok, don't judge me....and know I knew
...
Tao released his Kagune, an organ that I'd heard was what ghouls used to fight and kill with. That made them stronger and quicker, but with him alone against at least five others, I wondered if it would be enough.
It was beautiful to see though, kinda like feathers on a birds wings. I was mezmerised.
But what was really impressive was what happened next. The ganga attacked Tao and all at once were brought down by hardened crystals that blasted from the once free flowing kagune.
'Is that the best you got?' Tao smiled.
One of them got back up and tried to attack him from behind but one of the wings picked him up and threw him against a wall.
Tao turned around 'It's not nice to sneak up on people' he said quietly.
'You've gotten stronger since the last tiem we met' said Kris and he laughed 'Turned cannibal did ya?' Tao didn't answer 'I'll take tha' as a yes then' and he picked me up by the throat 'Ill show ya how we're supos'd to to eat' he said and looked at me 'this wont hurt a bit, it'll hurt a lot' and he bit into my shoulder.
I screamed out but then stopped, it didn't hurt anymore.
Being bitten and eaten by a ghoul felt like how being bitten by a vampire in those dumb books felt.
but then the pain came back again as Tao pulled Kris off od me.
Dammit Tao why did you have to spoil it? 
Now everything hurt again.