Ch.2

I'd risk everything if it's for you

I looked at my saviour.
'Are you one of them? like the woman that wanted to kill me?' I asked and he nodded slowly. I froze.
'You don't need to worry Xia' he said quietly 'I'm not like the others, I won't hurt you. I may be a ghoul but I don't like hurting people if I can help it'
'I see' I said 'Why not?'
He shrugged 'I take no joy in hurting anyone any more'
'Oh' I looked away.
'Why are you so intertested anyway?' he asked curiously.
'I've always been told stories about ghouls, that they're blood thirsty monsters that just live to kill people. I was curious to how one just saved my life'
'Thought you were homeless, how can you hear stories?' I frowned.
'I've been in homes before, pushed and pulled in various directions until evenually everyone gets bored of me'
'Well that doesn't seem fair. I'm sorry I gave you a hard time'
'Don't be, it's alright'
'I'm affraid I haven't got that much to offer either' he looked genuinly sorry.
'It's okay, anything's better than the streets' I said and smiled.
'Well then, here we are' he showed me in.

'It's really nice' he smiled and went into the other room...'Zitao?'
'Hmm?' he poked his head round the door.
'Are there others? like you? why are you all alone here?'
'I'm alone, because like yourself, I am an outcast because I don;t agree with killing people'
'Then how do you survive? don't you need to feed?' he laughed 'what's so funny?'
'You make me sound like a vampire rather than a ghoul. I've taught myself not to feed as often as other do'
' I see, that must be hard'
'It was to start with but now not so much' he said
'So what happens? when you do need to feed?'
He looked away 'I'd rather not sayn and I hope that you'll never need to find out or witness it'
I paused 'I have an idea'
'Oh? and what's that?' he asked.
'You can use me' he frowned.
'Use you? what do you mean?'
'To feed on when you need to of course'
He blinked in shock.

'Have you gone completely crazy all of a sudden? I can't ask that of you'
'Why not? I'm offering it to you, it's my choice'
'Xia, I don't now what fantasy you have in your head but it's wrong. I'm not like the so called monsters in your stories, I'm an actual monster and there's nothing romantic or anything about it' he turned away from me 'What I turn into is nothing pretty'
I swallowed 'I've seen what you turn into, well not you personally but it can;t be that different and I think it's beautiful, dangerously beautiful' he turned back to face me and I smiled.
'Y-you really think so?' I nodded 'still, the answer is no. I'm not going to use you' I grabbed his arm as he made to leave again.
'Please make me feel like I have some purpose. I want to be able to help you like you helped me'
He sighed 'I'll think about it'
Before I knew what I was doing and able to stop myself, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him.