Ch.1

I'd risk everything if it's for you

I didn't belong anywhere, I knew that. I didn't have anyone and nobody wanted me. People went missing around here all the time but no one cared enough to do anything about it, I guess I should count myself lucky that I'm still here. But then again maybe the ones who were gone were the lucky ones, they'd managed to escape.
It was my own fault though, I'd made myself like this because no foster home wanted to keep me and the home was getting bored of me coming back over and over.
But maybe I was being too hasty...
'What's your name dear?' a woman asked me from a car window.
'What's it to you lady?'
'I was merely asking a question, you seem lost. Where's your family?'
'I don't have one' I shrugged.
'Oh you poor thing, you must come with me at once'
I know it was astupid thing to do, but I still followed her.
'My name is Xia' I said quietly and the woman smiled.

'Woooow' I exclaimed 'this place is amazing!'
'Why thank you my dear' the woman replied not looking at me.
'Are you alright miss?' I asked and went to touch her shoulder.
'Of course, I'm just prepering myself is all' she replied.
'For what?' I asked confused.
She then turned around and her eyes had gone from blue, to pitch balck with a glowing blood red centre.
'To eat you of course!' she laughed.
She couldn't be...they didn't exsist, they were a myth...or so I thought anyways.
'You look and smell delicious. I'm surprised no one wants you'
'Parents don't usually go for a delicious smell as a trait for having kids' I replied.
I should be scared, I should run away. But I wasn't and I didn't because I was glued to the spot fasinated by what I was seeing.
'And so witty too' the creature...the ghoul clapped and bounced on the spot 'eating you is going to be so much fun' she...it giggled.
'There are other ways to have fun yanno?' I said 'that don't involve becoming some sort of freaky cannibal'
'But this way is so much more intersting'
'Fair enough then' I shrugged.
She looked confused 'aren't you going to try and run away?' I shook my head.
'You were nice enough to take me in when most people just ignore me, what better way for me to pay you back then being an easy target hmm? I mean' I patted my pockets ' I'd pay you in cash but I have none I'm afraid'

I opened my eyes...wait what? How could I do that if I'm dead? I opened them to find another pair staring at me.
'Can I help you?' I asked frowning.
'Well you're welcome I guess' the stranger said.
Why would I thank you when you're the same as that that just tried to eat me?'
The male shrugged 'fair point I guess but why would I save you just to eat you?'
I paused. He had a point. I sighed and stoof up.
'T-thank you' I muttered and he chuckled.
'You're welcome' he replied and smiled 'are you satifised that I'm not going to eat you now?' I nodded 'good' he held out his hand 'my name is Zitao'
I took his hand 'Xia' I replied.
'You're very pretty Xia'
I blushed bright red 'uhhh thank you?' I blinked and he laughed again.
'My pleasure, so where do you live?' I looked to the floor.
'No where' I mumbled.
'Oh I'm sorry to hear that, you can live with me'
I frowned, last time someone said that, I'd almost been killed.