Ch.3

I'd risk everything if it's for you

'Xia? are you awake? Tao knocked on the door.
'Yeah I am come on in' I said.
'I just came to say that I'm going out for a bit' he said 'I won't be long, make yourself comfortable'
'Oh okay, be careful' he didn't reply.
...
I got up and dressed and decided to take a look around. Tao's apartment was really nice.
There were pictures on the mantlepiece. They showed Tao with a family and friends, I wondered what had happened to them, why was he all alone now? He'd been so happy once. I thought about asking him when he came back but he probably wouldn't want to talk about it, not that I blamed him.
My stomach growled. There wasn't much choice of food in a house whos only resident didn't eat so I just made a piece of toast and nibbled on it as I continued to explore.
...
A while later Tao came back.
'Welcome back' I smiled 'are you okay?
'I'm fine' he muttered.
'Tao, you're not fine, you're bleeding' I went to help him.
'I said I'm fine!' he shouted as his eyes changed colour and he looked away 'sorry' he said 'it's really okay, it'll heal on its own eventually'
I sat next to him on the sofa.
'I know you don't know me very well, but you helped me out. I'd like to do the same for you' he lookedat me and I smiled.
'Why would you want to help me?' he asked.
'Because you're the first person in a really long time that I would consider calling a friend' I looked away from him.
'Do you want to know why I saved you?' he asked quietly.
'I thought you didn;t have a reason'
'Do you wanna know or not?'
'Yes please, sorry' I said and he sighed.
'Because you emind me of my sister'
'Your sister?' he nodded 'where is she now?'
'I wish I knew. I keep trying to find her, but every time I think I'm close, something goes wrong'
'Is that where you went and why you got hurt? you were trying to find her?' he nodded 'how do I remind you of her?'
'You look a bit like her...or at least you do from the last time I saw her'
'Which was when?...sorry I'm being nosy'
'Two years ago when I became...like this'
'Is she a ghoul too?'
'God I hope not. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy' he sighed again.
'I'm sorry for what you've been through Tao' I said and hugged him. He cringed at first but then relaxed.
'It's okay, it's not your fault'
He hugged me back.

I decided that a good way to repay Tao for helping me would be to help him find his sister.
I looked at the pictures on the mantle and found one that must be her.
But where to start looking?
This could prive harder than I thought, not that it mattered, I'd do what ever it took.
So much for not becoming attatched anymore.
I sighed 'too late to  turn back now Xia' I told myself.
...
'Be careful' Tao warned 'I don't want to have to rescue you again'
'Oh ahah very funny'
'Who said I was joking?' he said seriously but then laughed.
'That's just mean'
'I'm a ghoul, I'm supposed to be mean' I raised my eyebrow and he rolled his eyes 'just go and be safe okay?'
'Will do' I replied grabbing my coat.
I just hoped he didn't notice the mission photo.