Confession

One Wish

-Sori's POV-

“Hey Sori, can you do some grocery shopping today?” Leo asked me as he poked his head into the fridge the next morning after breakfast. “We’re out of food.”

“Sure, did you wanna come?” I asked, grabbing the stuff I would need to go out.

“Nah, we’re fine,” Ken said and I immediately became suspicious.

“What are you up to now?” I narrowed my eyes at them and they all shook their heads.

“We just needed to catch up on something private if you don’t mind Sori,” Leo said quietly and I understood immediately.

“Oh, of course, why didn’t you say so before? Text me when you’re finished so I know when to come back home alright?” I said, stepping out of the apartment and making my way downstairs.

-Leo's POV-

Sori closed the door behind her and I could hear her footsteps getting fainter and fainter until I could hear no more. I turned to the guys, who rounded on me.

“Have you confirmed your feelings yet?” N asked me. I nodded.

“I have. I do love Jung Sori. But this puts both of us at risk,” I said worriedly.

“No remember what we said? It only puts both of you at risk if she gives those feelings back,” Hongbin said.

“She’s very good at hiding her feelings that one,” Ravi said.

“Well, what should I do?” I asked and everyone began blurting out ideas.

“Okay, what if we ask her about it when she comes back? It’s the only way we’ll know,” Hyuk said.

“Let’s prepare something romantic!” Ken suggested and they all began to get to work, with me supervising. I texted Sori.

Me: we’re done chatting but take your time coming back, no need to rush

As I organized some candles, Sori texted back.

Sori: that’s fine, line’s kinda long and I didn’t know what to buy so I bought a ton of stuff for you guys

Me: that’s great, you know we eat a lot

Sori: of course, I’ll cya all soon!

I turned to the guys, who were almost done.

“What about food?” N asked and we all froze.

“Uhh, no food for one?” Ravi opened the empty fridge.

“Just get something simple,” I said as Hyuk rushed out the door.

“Now, let’s practice your confession,” Hongbin sat us down and began writing out words I should include in my speech. N peeked over his shoulder.

“’You are the light of my life, no other angel can compare to your kind heart and soul’? Nah, she’s gonna know that’s not Leo speaking from the bottom of his heart,” he immediately took over. Hongbin judged from behind.

“’I think your dancing is extraordinary and I like you’? Yeah, like that’ll do any good,” Hongbin scoffed and they both got into an argument.

“I’ll figure it out myself, I just need you guys out of here by the time she gets back. Where’s Hyuk, is he back yet?”

Right on cue, Hyuk came bursting through the door, pasta and bread in his hands.

“Perfect. I’ll set the table and then we’ll scram. We’ll know immediately if you need any help alright? Now go to your room and pretend to sleep.”

N pushed me into my room and I laid down on the bed, excited for Sori to come back.

-Sori's POV-

“Thanks for helping me Taemi, I bought too much stuff didn’t I?” I said as we went up in the elevator.

“You were lucky I was walking by and saw you. Now answer my question.”

“Well…” I stopped in front of the door. “I do like Leo, very much in fact. It’s just hard for me to say the reasons why I like him.”

I paused, noticing something was off and put my ear to the door, hearing nothing. “You hear that?”

Taemi put her ear to the door. “I don’t hear anything?”

“Exactly. They’re definitely up to something. I’ll handle it, you can leave now, aren’t you busy today?”

“Yeah I am sorry I can’t stay any longer. Good luck in there!” she took the elevator down. I took a deep breath and unlocked the door, dragging the groceries in with me.

“Leo?” I called out. “Hyuk? Ravi? N? Ken? Hongbin?”

I the lights, which automatically dimmed themselves. Maybe we need a lightbulb change. I made my way to the kitchen, where Leo was sitting at the table, pasta and garlic bread in front of him, set for two people.

“What’s going on? Thanks for helping me by the way,” I said sarcastically as I left the bags alone, sitting in front of him.

“The boys wanted to do something nice for you but they made me sit here alone while they left for some of their own time. Let’s eat,” he said, gesturing to the food in front of me. We ate in silence, the atmosphere tense as I ate my food. When we finished, Leo took my hand and we stood up.

“Sori, listen, this is risky for both you and me, mainly me because I’m not one of you. It’s taken me a while but I’ve finally confirmed my feelings for you. Do you give them back?” he asked me, his eyes searching mine.

“Leo, listen, I do like you. Very much. But is this really what’s best for us? I’m putting your life in danger now just by saying this aren’t I?”

He stepped forward towards me so our faces were inches away. “It’s worth it to me.”

I felt his lips on mine and closed my eyes, melting into his sweet kiss.