One Choice

One Wish

“Leo?” I gasped, he had backed away from me quickly. He shook his head rapidly, breathing heavily, gesturing for me to get away. I went to him anyway, hugging his shaking body. I was suddenly blasted away from him as his wings grew, knocking a vase onto the floor. At the same time, the door burst open and I looked up to see Minwoo standing there, eyes wide.

“What’s that?” he stared at Leo's back. I pushed Minwoo outside, slamming the door and locking it in front of his face. I hurried back to Leo, who had calmed down.

“Sori, it’s not safe for me here anymore,” he smiled weakly at me. As I struggled to find words, the rest came flying through the window.

“I knew you’d do it! But I had no idea why this happened, usually this doesn’t,” N said, lifting Leo up to his feet and opening a portal.

“Sorry Sori, we’ll have to take our leave now,” Ravi stepped forward and I backed away.

“No. I won’t leave Leo like this. I’m coming with you too.”

The door burst open for a second time, with Mingyu, Taemi, and Wonwoo stumbling in. They stared at N and Leo, who quickly vanished through the portal.

“If you’re gonna leave, take us with you at least,” Taemi said, grabbing my wrist and jumping in after them. I shut my eyes, opening them when I felt gravity going back to normal. We were in a simple room, where I found N putting Leo to rest on a bed in the corner.

“Will he be okay?” I asked worriedly as the rest came through the portal. N sighed, looking at me. He smiled gently.

“You really like him don’t you? Come with me,” he said, leading me out the door. I followed him through empty hallways, turning here and there until we reached a door, where 2 guards stood on each side. N nodded to them and they opened the door for him. We walked in, where a woman in flowing white robes greeted us.

“Who are you?” I blurted out unconsciously. She looked at me.

“My name does not need to be known in this situation does it?” she asked, her voice gentle.

“She’s our supervisor,” N whispered into my ear as she gave him a look. It was only then when I realized how deep our situation was if I was talking to their supervisor. I gulped down the words I was going to say next and listened to what she said.

“As supervisor to the VIXX boys, I do think their actions were rash for following a fellow member down to earth. However, as I knew something like this would happen, it was partly my fault for letting this happen. You have two choices Jung Sori: to stay up here and live the life of an angel, or return back to earth with your friends, with the choice of a memory wash or never see Leo again.”

I was stumped at the choices she gave me. I thought of Leo's words before in a conversation we had.

“Leo, what’s it like living in the angel world?” I asked.

“Pretty lonely actually. Even if you have friends, you have no lover,” he replied and our conversation ended there.

I thought about it. But I’ve got Leo now. But what about Taemi and Mingyu? I thought about the friends I had with me since forever. I can’t just abandon them. I looked up at the supervisor.

“Can I discuss this with my friends before giving my final choice?” I asked and she nodded. N lead me out of the room and I found Mingyu and Taemi with an awoken Leo. I embraced him and sat down. I sighed.

“So what happened?” Taemi asked and I explained my choices to them. Taemi and Mingyu both looked conflicted as well as I did.

“I just don’t know what to do anymore,” I said, my eyes watering up. “Half of me wants to stay back on earth with you guys but the other half of me wants to stay with Leo.”

Leo suddenly stood up, rushing out the door.

“Leo?” we all were shocked at his actions and followed him outside but he had vanished.

“I think I know where he’s going,” Hyuk said, leading us to the supervisor’s door, where we burst in.

“I wish to trade my immortal life with my wings and stay with Sori down on earth,” Leo declared. All of us froze at his words.

“Leo, you’d die just like any of us!” I hissed and he looked down at me. I could tell that he was firm about his choice.

“I don’t think I can live without you. And besides, I’ve already died once,” he said, looking back up at the supervisor. She nodded.

“As one of our best trained, I’m sure Wonwoo can take over your spot?” she looked at him, who suddenly fidgeted.

“If you don’t mind, I think I like earth better,” he said sheepishly. She nodded, smiling as if she had no other choice.

“Like master, like apprentice,” Ravi muttered. The supervisor turned to them.

“If you all wish, I am offering you all the same choice,” she said and they immediately agreed.

“We’re a team Leo, we stick together right?” Hongbin said. Leo nodded and the 7 boys went to a different room. After waiting, they came back out, holding loads of luggage and smiling happily. Leo came up to me, putting a hand around my waist. The supervisor came up to us.

“I wish you the best of luck to you all,” she said, creating a portal for us to step though. One by one, we vanished into it. I looked up at Leo, smiling, and together, we stepped into the portal into our new future.

 

A/N: Sorry this story was horrible, I'm actually becoming too busy to continue so I needed to cut this story short. Do not fear, I will be returning with another story soon, possibly with a school + mermaid theme. For now, I will go on a brief hiatus but will continue to pop on the site to check up on any news. Hope you enjoyed this story and do check out my other stories (cue my shameless promotions), I think Twins?! was one of my best ones so do check it out, read the first chapter if you'd like and leave comments! Thank you! :)