Jeon Wonwoo, Apprentice

One Wish

-Sori's POV-

“Who are they?”

“Visual overload!”

“Why are they all so handsome?”

It was the first say back at school. These were the whispers that followed me and VIXX around when we entered the school campus. N and Ken loved the attention, often throwing little waves or winks at adoring girls. Hyuk, Hongbin, and Ravi were often seen shaking their heads at N and Ken, smiling gently at the girls. Leo stayed close to my side wherever we went.

“You sure you don’t want us to go with you?” Leo asked me for the millionth time.

“It’s just the dance studio, there’s nothing dangerous there,” I reassured him. “Go have some guy time and talk about guy stuff or whatever you talk about, go on.”

I pushed him off towards the rest of the gang, who were waiting for him. I waved them off, laughing as they dragged Leo outside the building.

“You all seem close,” a voice said into my ear and I jumped to see Minwoo standing there.

“No Minwoo, I was beginning to wonder when you’d show up,” I said, shouldering my bag higher and beginning to walk away. He kept pace with me.

“Did you miss me?”

“Of course not, that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve been asked all day,” I said, stopping short and turning to him. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got practice to do.”

And with that, I my heel and staked away. I reached the studio in no time, where a few students rushed up to me.

“Congratulations on being in the partner’s competition!”

“The what?” I was just confused at the moment.

“We’re doing a partner’s competition and you’re partner sounds amazing!”

“I never signed up for this or let alone a partner, what’s going on?” I stepped forward to my teacher, who smiled at me.

“Sori, perfect timing! We were talking about the competition. Everyone’s got a partner but you were all left out so I stepped in and got you a partner!”

“Uhh, that wasn’t necessary—”

“Everyone to your own rooms,” our teacher barked. “Sori, wait here for your partner. The rules are simple: come up with your own dance routine and you’ll have the prize in the bag. Good luck.”

He patted me on the shoulder and left the room. I sat down against the mirror, waiting. I didn’t have to wait long, a knock on the door bolted me to my feet.

“Come in, it’s open,” I called out and a tall boy came in, looking around.

“Jung Sori?” he asked me in a deep voice. I nodded.

“You’re my partner, I’m assuming?” I asked, stepping forward to shake his hand.

“Yep, I’m Jeon Wonwoo,” he said, smiling.

“Pleasure to meet you Wonwoo,” I said. “Let’s sit down and discuss a routine?”

We plopped down on the floor, awkwardness settling over.

“I think they got the wrong guy at first but then I just thought why not?” Wonwoo said randomly and I looked over.

“What do you mean?”

“I was going more for the rapping side of things but dance is good too, I guess,” he said sheepishly.

“You’re voice suits rapping, it’s nice,” I said and he smiled.

“Now, what concept are we planning to do?” Wonwoo asked. I shrugged.

“I’m fine with anything but cutesy,” I said, cringing at the thought of me doing anything cute.

“Aww, but I was gonna do that,” Wonwoo said and pouted as my eyes went wide.

“Well, if—”

“Just teasing,” he laughed. “I wouldn’t dare try something like that. How about something smooth?”

“Smooth?”

“Elegant, classy, with a hint of iness,” he said and I became interested.

“Sounds perfect. Which song shall we dance to?”

“I’ve got a friend who can remix a good song together. Let me just text him real quick,” Wonwoo took out his phone, typing in something and then handing the phone to me. “Put your number in so we can chat more and schedule rehearsals.”

“Ahh, okay then!” I put my number into his phone, saving my name simply as Sori. I handed the phone back to him and he put it away.

“Alright, let’s get to work! I was thinking something like twirling to meet up in the middle and then we go from there?” he got up, demonstrating. I nodded, getting what he was thinking. We spun, meeting in the middle, his hands around my waist.

-Leo's POV-

“Oi, Leo, look at this!” Hyuk screamed at me from his spot on the couch. I got up from the dinner table, looking over his shoulder, where I could see Sori and another guy, his back towards us, spinning and catching her waist. They both laughed, Sori sweeping a hair out of her face as they continued to discuss something.

“Someone call her to get back here!” N said, grabbing his phone.

“I’ll talk to her!”

“No I will!”

There was a scramble for the phone and it ended up in Ravi's hands.

“Hello?” Sori's voice answered, sounding confused. “Leo, I said I’m fine—”

“No this is Ravi actually but…” he trailed off, handing the phone to Hongbin, who passed it to N.

“Sori come back home!” he yelled and I snatched the phone away from him.

“Don’t be ridiculous!” I hissed at them, putting the phone to my ear but the line had gone dead. “Great.”

I hung up the call, staring at the other members in disbelief. It was only a few minutes later when she burst through the door.

“What’s going on, why did N sound so panicked?” she said, gasping for breath. We all laughed sheepishly.

“Uh, yeah, about that…”

Her eyes narrowed lower and lower as we explained.

“You just yelled at me just to get me back home?” she asked, summarizing our story into one question. We all nodded and she shook her head.

“Well, you guys are being ridiculous,” she said.

“His hand was on your waist!” N shouted and all the other members struggled to calm him down.

“Whose? Wonwoo's?” she asked and we all stopped. They turned to me and I recognized the name.

“Wonwoo? Deep voiced Jeon Wonwoo?” I asked her and she nodded.

“You know him?”

“Well, yeah. He’s my apprentice,” I said and the room fell silent.