Secrets

One Wish

-Sori's POV-

I woke up sleepily, rubbing my eyes. I checked my phone, which was charging. My eyes shot open at the time.

“Leo! It’s late already! We’ve only got 10 minutes!” I scrambled out of bed as Leo woke up sleepily like a cat, yawning and sitting up. As I brushed my teeth, he changed quickly, doing vice versa when I chose an outfit.

“Hey Leo, does this look okay on me? I haven’t worn it in a while…” I said, spinning around in the simple white dress I was wearing.

“You look dazzling,” he said as I brushed my hair into a high ponytail. I examined my outfit.

“Something looks off,” I said, thinking. He came over, fixing my hair. When he removed his hands, a pair of angel wings that looked like his was perched in my hair like a bow.

“I’m surprised you would wear this today. Knowing you, you wouldn’t wear it at all,” Leo said as we grabbed our schoolbags.

“Always depends on my mood,” I said as we stepped out of my apartment. We took the elevator down and began walking to school. I left Leo to the front office, rushing to class and barely making it on the bell. Half an hour into the class, the door opened and I saw Leo walk in, looking a bit flustered but collected at the same time. He introduced himself to the class and walked to the window seats, sitting in front of me. As we resumed class, Mingyu, Taemi, Leo, and I passed notes to one another. After the lesson, we had lunch, where Mingyu and Leo compared heights.

“I’m taller!” Mingyu announced.

“It’s because you wear insoles,” Taemi muttered as I snickered.

“I do not!” Mingyu gasped. As we all laughed, Minwoo came over, sitting and staring at Leo.

“What are you doing here?” Minwoo stared at Leo.

“He happens to be a transfer student Minwoo,” I said, grabbing onto Leo's hand. “Let’s go.”

Even though I had taken Leo's hand first, he had dragged us both outside before I could say anything else. We relaxed under a tree, where the blossoms were falling.

“He’s never gonna give up is he?” Leo asked me as I caught a blossom.

“Well, shouldn’t it be you who’s supposed to stop him?” I handed Leo the flower. He tucked it behind my ear.

“I’ll try but I’ve never met someone like him before so it may take a while.”

“Let’s just do our best from now on okay?” I said, looking up at Leo. He nodded, smiling softly.

-few months after-

“Kim Mingyu!” I yelled, hoping onto the latter’s back as he laughed and spun around with me clinging onto him. In response, Taemi climbed onto Leo.

“Take us to the ice cream shop!” I said, pointing in a random direction. It was the first day of our holiday break, where we had a month off.

“Ice cream’s that was Sori,” Leo pointed in the opposite direction.

“Geez Sori, Leo's been here only a few months and he knows where everything is,” Taemi laughed as Mingyu and Leo began walking. I hopped off Mingyu's back, ordering the ice creams and waiting to be served as we all joked.

“So Leo, it’s time to spill your deepest darkest secrets,” Taemi leaned across the table, eyes glinting as she stared at Leo.

“And why should I do that?” Leo asked calmly as he ate his ice cream.

“Because this is exactly what me, Sori, and Mingyu did. We had ice cream and spilled the beans,” Taemi said and Mingyu choked on his ice cream.

“Don’t you dare—”

“Mingyu's got abs, he showed us,” I cut him off, giggling at his reaction. As he jokingly strangled me, Taemi continued interrogating Leo.

“I like singing but—”

“Singing?! You can sing?” Taemi squealed.

“Taemi would be a singer if she didn’t like dancing so much,” Mingyu said as she blushed.

“I’m not that good,” she said as Leo stood up, ice cream in hand.

“Let’s put it to the test then,” he said and began walking. We all quickly followed and I caught up with Leo.

“Are we going to that studio I saw you at?” I asked and he nodded.

“I’m surprised you saw me,” he said, looking down at me.

“Not hard with that voice of yours Leo,” I said as I linked arms with him. We reached the place, where we spent half an hour convincing Taemi to step into the recording studio. After threatening to spill another secret worse than this, she finally stepped inside.

“Choose a song, any song, I got the instrumental ready,” I said, holding up my phone. After another 10 minutes, we finally started, where Leo would judge her voice, making her 10x more nervous. I silently laughed, keeping myself focused on her singing, which was sweet, matching with her cute face. As Leo gave his evaluation, Mingyu and I entered the studio, making Leo and Taemi cover their ears as Mingyu and I jokingly sang in tone deaf voices. When we had finished, we stepped outside, bowed.

“Encore?” Mingyu asked, pretending to step back in but Taemi dragged him out.

“No way man.”

“Shall I spill another secret?” I grinned at Mingyu, whose eyes went wide. “Mingyu can actually—”

He had clapped a hand over my mouth before I could say what it was.

“Can I just say that Sori—”

I had clapped my hand over his mouth to stop him from talking as Taemi and Leo laughed.

“You guys are being ridiculous,” Taemi said as we walked out of the studio two hours later. I had spilled Mingyu's secret as soon as his hand had uncovered my mouth and he ended up singing a quick song for us.

“Of course Leo won the contest,” Taemi said as we headed back to our own homes. We had brought in an expert, where he had judged Leo, Taemi, and Mingyu's voices, giving advice.

“I’m more interested in rapping anyway,” Mingyu shrugged. We split ways, Leo and I making our way to the apartment building. After showers and dinner, we sat on our beds, silent.

“Het Leo? Since I know that you're not exactly human, where exactly do you come from? Why did you choose to help me?”

He didn’t answer me at first. Speaking softly, he began.

“I’m not from your world, that’s correct. I come from a faraway planet, filled with people like me. We fly wherever we go, whenever we need to. I’m a special angel so I was sent far away from my parents to train. While there, I met a few boys and we became close. I developed a passion for singing while I trained with them. Now that we’re adults, we could manage ourselves. I decided to come to you when you called for help.”

His eyes met mine and I couldn’t help but stare back. I felt myself leaning forward but stopped myself. Clearing my throat, I sheepishly smiled at him.

“Let’s have some more fun tomorrow yeah? Let’s sleep now. Night!” I said, diving under the covers. I could feel my heart pounding wildly and pressed a fist against it as if to calm it down. What’s going on with me?