Irony

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, Yoongi, how have you been?” Jin asks, noticing Yoongi’s unusual, prolonged silence, spooning more food into his mouth and looking up to gauge his reaction. I raise my head up and glance at a frozen Yoongi, trying to catch his gaze. He doesn’t seem to notice, and I mentally sigh, twisting my head to smile at Jin.

Yoongi is a famous underground rapper that produces music under the stage name “Suga”. He makes his own albums and sells them legally, of course no one is surprised many companies have been hunting him down to get him to sign a record label, but Yoongi doesn’t want to commit himself fully. He likes making music and rapping but it’s not his dream, he doesn’t want to give up everything for music.

That’s how Jin and Yoongi met anyways. In an underground nightclub for singers and rappers. They immediately hit it off and became friends which lead to Yoongi falling hard for the older boy who stayed oblivious to his growing feelings.

“He’s a bit stressed about his next album,” I pipe up, ignoring Yoongi’s irritated glare. Jin looks back and forth between us with a strange look and shakes his head, looking back at his food with a hurt expression. It hits me suddenly that he might think we’re keeping something from him.

“Don’t be stressed,” Jin encourages, a smile crinkling the corners of his eyes. “Your rapping is admirable, anything you rap is worth buying.”

Everyone’s head snaps up at this same time to stare at Yoongi, curious about his reaction to receiving a compliment from his crush. I find my own eyes trailing to Yoongi and meeting his eyes, smirking at the red colouring his cheeks. An embarrassed smile plasters on his face and Yoongi chuckles, trying to break the awkward silence.

“T-thank you, you’re too kind. Don’t give me so much credit that I’m underserving of,” Yoongi mutters, shifting in his chair under the weight of everyone’s eyes. He resembles a tomato by this point, and the thought slips past my lips before I can even think about it.

“Yoongi, you look like a tomato,” I comment causally, slapping a hand over my lips when Jin erupts into a fit of soft laughter. Yoongi’s eyes drop down and he sends me a death glare, eyes narrowing like a cat.

Giggles reach my ears from the person sitting across from me and I recognise it as Taehyung’s giggling. Raising an eyebrow, I laugh amusedly as well, hoping to clear off the awkward tension in the room. My eyes are drawn to Taehyung again and I find myself watching him with my chin in my palm, tracing him with my eyes. He’s laughing at something Jin said, and his laugh is absolutely melodic. The sound is so endearing and beautiful.

A smile stretches across my lips subconsciously as I gaze dreamily at Taehyung, imagining my lips pressing against his. I had nearly succeeded on doing it two days ago, but Yoongi walked in on us and ruined the moment. The tension between us eased up a little, however I still couldn’t bear seeing Taehyung doubt himself in any way.

The door to the bathroom opens and I glance over, mouth opening slightly when Jungkook walks out. Wide-eyed, I catch his eyes unintentionally and flinch back from the pure-anger in his eyes. He’s practically seething at me, an angry sneer plastered on his face.

“What is he doing here, Jin?” Jungkook asks Jin, twisting his body to block me from his view. The sting in my heart burns and with my lips turning down, I lower my head with shame filling me. He is right in a way, I shouldn’t have been there, but at the same time he’s wrong because I’m trying to make things right.

Jin observes me and then Taehyung, biting his lower lip. He turns back to Jungkook and shrugs helplessly.

“Is something wrong?” He inquires, scratching the back of his neck with a curious look on his face. Jungkook snorts and takes his seat beside Taehyung, linking his arms with the younger and glaring hotly at me.

I pick up my fork and poke at my food, trying my best not to react to Jungkook’s anger. He has all the right to be pissed at me, I hurt Taehyung unknowingly and then I continued to hurt him. I can only begin to imagine what Jungkook must be thinking and feeling, having to sit in the same space as me.

But also his anger is a bit over-the-top, something else must be going on.

I shrug it off aimlessly and continue picking at my food, my desire to eat nearly gone.

There’s a soft cough in the room that can only belong to Yoongi, and my head snaps up so fast everything blurs for a second. Everyone else has the same reaction, even Taehyung who had been talking to Jungkook about something that looked important.

Yoongi is staring directly at Jin, a small blush on his pale cheeks, giving him the appearance of an utterly flustered man. Jin, in turn, is leaning forward, a question on the tip of his tongue. Yoongi meets my eyes and shoots me a bewildered look as if he isn’t even sure about what he is doing at all. My own eyes widen when I realise what he’s about to say.

“Wait, can I say something first?” Jin pipes up, placing his hands on the table after wiping his mouth with a napkin. I can’t help the feeling of dread that fills my stomach. Yoongi lets out a small sigh and nods, relief clear in his movements. Everyone gives their a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter