Empty

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi's POV:

"Jin, your doorbell is ringing," I mutter, stirring the hot cup of coffee in front of me, watching the older male with squinted eyes. He looks so perfect, like always, his hair neat and his smile blindingly bright.

He flashes me a pearly-white smile before getting up from the chair across the table, passing me, his fingers straying to my hair for a few seconds before slipping away. I let loose a free smile and go back to stirring the black coffee, a lighter feeling in my chest.

I can feel myself drifting away into my thoughts, exhaustion and happiness overtaking any rational thought in my mind, a haze of tiredness lacing my sluggish movements.
And then Jin walks in with a miserable looking Jungkook in tow, and he looks like a broken mess.

He sits down in Jin's vacant seat and lets out a long sigh, lengthended, dreary, and melancholic.

"Kookie... I'll make you some tea, you look like you need it," Jin says, glancing at me with a confused look, mirroring my exact expression. "While I make the tea, care to explain what happened," he adds as an afterthought, walking behind the counter and starting up the kettle, standing beside the heated pot.

Jungkook lets out a soft whimper, sort of like a cry but more choked, more helpless, more heartbreaking. He slumps forward in the chair and buries his face into his crossed arms, sobbing heavily, startling Jin and I. Jin, being the motherly and calm one out of the both of us, rushes to his side and pulls him into a hug, smoothing his hair out with one hand, the other hand rubbing his back.

I stare at the scene in front of me with surprise, having never seen Jungkook unravel and fall apart, and it's scary because he seems invincible most of the time, but he's clearly not.
Jin catches my eye from above Jungkook and he mouths something to me, his lips moving breathlessly in the air. I comply to his barely-whispered order, running a hand through my hair, getting up and dragging a chair over to where Jungkook sits, watching Jin pull away from the hug and sit across from him, hands laced with the younger's.

A wave of jealousy flares within me but I push it back, wanting to tread lightly on our relationship rather than pull us down into the icy currents below. Jin deserves more than my jealousy towards a close friend.

"Jin," he whispers softly, bowing his head down, the shine of tears still streaking down his cheeks. "I ed up - badly."

"Jungkook, it's okay, it's gonna be alright," he soothes, his tone worried and concerned, a calm look in his eyes. Jin has always been good at comforting people, he's always been good at sorting out problems and fixing situations. I admire his strength and ability to stay calm during distressing situations, no panic showing on his face even when he's scared and fearful.

"No it isn't, I- I kicked him out, I told him! I pushed him away. I ing kissed him," Jungkook snaps, curling into himself on the chair, yanking his fingers out of Jin's, staring down at the found through blurry eyes. "He hates me," he cries, tilting his head down, his hair framing his face, fringe stuck to his cheeks from the damp tears.

"You confessed...?" Jin asks with shock in his voice, but he sounds like he was ready for something like this to happen, like he already knew before it happened.

'Jungkook... Likes Taehyung?'

"I'm so ing stupid, I'm so, so- God, Jin, what do I do? I'm scared- I didn't know, I wasn't ready," Jungkook sobs, his face scrunching up in a grimace.

I take the seat beside Jin, resting a hand on his shoulder, unsure as to what to do for the both of them. At the same time as wanting to pull the younger into a hug, I want to ask so many questions that linger on my tongue, but I don't think either would appreciate that.
So I bite back the questions and watch the scene unfold, finally piecing everything together.

"Where is Taehyung right now?"

Jungkook freezes at that and looks down guiltily, his tears drying out and his lips parted with hesitance.

"I kicked him out," he mumbles, tugging the sleeves of oversized hoodie over his fingers, seeming to shrink even more beneath the layers of clothing.

"You need to talk with him," Jin says sternly, eyebrows furrowing and his lips pressed into a thin line. His eyes soften when he catches sight of Jungkook's shaking fingers. "I know i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter