Breathe

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter Chapter Text
             

Jimin's POV:

The sound of my ringtone greets my ears when I step out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around my waist, water droplets sliding down my neck. The moisture sticks to my skin and the cold air hovers around my body, leaving me feeling numb.

'Who would be calling at this time?' I think, walking over and grabbing the phone off its charger, feeling even more curious. The Caller ID surprises me. Why would Jungkook be calling me, especially since we were on bad terms?

I answer on the fourth ring, leaning back against the wall, rubbing my fingers across the damp areas on my arm, a lazy smile on my lips.

Jungkook's voice drifts through my ear and my body tenses at his words, head snapping up in worry. "What? You can't find Taehyung?"

"I'm so sorry," his voice is muffled, "I didn't mean to. Please tell him I'm sorry, please tell him I'm so sorry," Jungkook's voice cracks down the other end, and a certain urgency creeps into his voice, leaving me with a sinking feeling of dread.

"Where is he, then?" I ask, tone harsher than I expected, feeling a twinge of guilt when Jungkook goes silent on the other end.

"We- we think he's going to come to you. Maybe he walked there."

I can't help but feel a surge of anger towards Jungkook, but it's not his fault, I can't blame him when I haven't heard the full story. All I know is that Jungkook and he were fighting and Jungkook must have done something that made him walk off. And now he was missing, wandering around somewhere with his phone turned off.

I say a quick goodbye to him, hanging up quickly, desperate to go look for Taehyung.

Walking to my room, I pull on a pair of sweatpants and a black T-shirt, running my fingers through my dark hair, fingers catching in the tangled ends that haven't fully dried yet.

After calling Taehyung's phone a few times, leaving texts and voice messages, my patience runs out and the frustration fills me. This was hopeless.

My best bet was to wait outside for him to show up and then help him with his problems. He's had too many in these past few months and I'm scared what the stress could do to him, it's worrying.

Slipping on a pair of shoes, I walk to the door and unlock it, shaking my head and watching little water droplets flick against the door. The cold air in the apartment seeps into the dampness of my skin and causes shivers to run down my spine, shaking me out of my thoughts.

The sight in front of me makes me stop in my tracks, and a wave of relief floods me, followed by concern and worry.

"Taehyung..."

He looks up at me from his foetal position against the wall and the desperation in his eyes breaks my heart, he looks like he's trying to convince himself of something. And his eyes are swollen and teary, his lips pale from being pressed on so harshly, his nose red.

"J-Jimin," he whispers, biting on his lower lip, a slight tremor in his normally-composed voice.

I snap out of my shock and tend to him, reaching down to help him up. "Let's talk inside."

He nods silently, following me inside, arms wrapped against his torso, eyes blank and teary, the absent sound of sniffling leaving a gap in the atmosphere. I lock the door behind myself before turning to him, a warm smile on my lips, fighting the urge to break my composure and demand to know what Jungkook had done to hurt him.

"Is it okay... Can I-," he mumbles, but the realisation dawns upon me before he can finish his sentence, and I get into action, reaching forward and drawing him into my arms, resting my cheek against his neck, my other hand rubbing circles against his back.

I stay silent when the sobs wrack through his body; when the sound of crying fills the air as he falls apart on my arms, his own legs too weak to support his weight; I stay silent as my shoulder grows damp and his fingers weakly clutch onto the fabric of my shirt with a fragile urgency, his grip barely grasping onto me.

And I silently carry his burdens, if not for a bit, hoping such an act could surely save him from his own personal hell.

Taehyung's cries grow quieter and quieter until only the sound of soft sniffling fills the air, and his arms tighten around me, his cheeks pressing against my hair.

I only make a sound when he starts a feeble attempt at apologising, his breath warm against my neck, heart pounding erratically in his chest, so harshly that I can feel it under my fingers.

"Don't apologise, come on, let's get you cleaned up." He nods weakly against my neck and makes no move to let go, leaving me sighing and sympathising with him. "Tae-Tae, let go of me or I'll tickle you," I joke, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere, my own actions contradicting my words by tightening around him and not letting go.

"Thank you," he says simply, voice raw and hoarse, a bout of affection flowing through.

"Go take a shower, you can use my clothes, I'll leave them in the bathroom for you." Taehyung mumbles another "thank you" against my neck and pulls away, rubbing his eyes with his fingers, a tired sigh leaving his lips.

"I'm still sorry," he mutters, "I probably interrupted you." A look of guilt and shame passes onto his face, startling me because Taehyung has never been one for regret.

"Taehyung, you're always welcome here, actually, I prefer it when you are here."

A smile makes its way onto his lips and he gives me a long stare, a languid look in his eyes.

"And I prefer it when I am here."

 

I stare at the sleeping form huddled under the soft blankets, arms reaching out to smooth his hair down and flatten it. He turns around and his eyes flutter open, lips parting in surprise. Our eyes meet for a moment and it feels like an eternity before we glance away, faces burning red and eyes averted in embarrassment.

"Let's go out today," I propose, resting my chin on my hand, my other hand raking through his hair. Taehyung curls up and rests his arm on the pillow, hiding his face.

"Like... A date?" He asks shyly, twisting his head back up to give me an even shyer smile. God, he looks so cute when he's just woken up, and I'll never get used to it. Waking up to him everyday is what I've always dreamt for, and that dream doesn't seem too out of reach.

"Yeah, like a date," I tease, ruffling his hair and getting up from where I was sitting, walking over to open the curtains. "I think we both need a break from everything, and anyways, I just want to enjoy your company. I haven't even asked you out yet."

"Okay," he says under the blankets, cheeks flushed and voice muffled. "That sounds good. Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, go get changed, I'll get ready as well." He pouts at me as if to say "that's not fair" before pushing the covers off, slipping out of the bed.

Yesterday when he had come to me in a mess of tears, we'd stayed up and watched movies all night, rather than talk about it.

When he's ready I know he'll come find me to talk about it, but until then I'd rather get his mind off of things like that. Yoongi hadn't come home yet after I'd told him that Taehyung was here, and that we needed the time together, in fact he said he was planning on going out with Jin today.

Concerning Jungkook, he called up again and said he was going out with Hoseok and for us not to seek him out. Maybe he needed time as well to gather his thoughts.

But now Taehyung is smiling a little more and he looks so cute in my sweatpants and T-shirt that everything slips my mind and all I want to do is make him smile even more. If he can smile like the whole world is not on his shoulders, then I'll be happy.

I quickly get changed in my room before meeting Taehyung at the door, fingers raking through my hair to smooth it down a bit. He glances at me with a soft smile before his eyes wander a bit lower, his cheeks filling with a red hue, eyes flicking away with embarrassment. I laugh at his odd behaviour before ushering him out, locking the door behind us.

When we finally get inside the car - me in the driver's and Taehyung in the passenger's - he turns to me and gives me a wide beam, lips curving at the corners, up into a large smile, matching my own grin.

"What?" I ask when he continues to stare at me happily. I start the car and watch the road, backing out of the driveway.

"Nothing," he replies simply, "I'm just excited. Where are we going?"

"It's a secret," I chuckle, laughing at his attempts of trying to get the answer out of me. Taehyung pouts and crosses his arms, acting angry, but I know it's only an act because he still has a smile hinting at his lips.

"Have you ever been on a date before?" The question seems to startle him, and his eyes close before he opens them again, a wistful look on his face.

"Not really, I've never dated," he says quietly, and I can tell that he's ashamed of that fact by the tone of his voice and his heated face.

"Well, then I'll be your first date," I tease, eyes still on the road, occasionally moving to look at Taehyung. He lets out a breath and shakes his head, looking almost relieved that he didn't need to say anymore.

"I'm kind of amazed though, I mean, a guy like you could get anyone." Taehyung gives me a weird look at that, his face never losing its pink colour.

"Yah, don't say stuff like that. Anyways, I didn't want to date because I liked you...," he murmurs awkwardly, realising a second later what he had admitted, his eyes widening in surprise.

"I'm sorry about what happened," I admit, thankful that I'm driving so that I have a reason not to look straight in his eyes. "But I'm glad that you didn't give up on me."

"I'm glad I didn't give up on you either," he finally responds, and the rest of the car ride is silent, save for the low sound of Taehyung's breathing. It's not an uncomfortable silence, it's quite comfortable and just being near Taehyung is enough.

When we finally reach the destination I had in mind, Taehyung's eyes are wide and full of glee, his lips sporting the biggest grin I've ever seen him have.

"Woah, I haven't been to an amusement in park in years," he says with an awe-filled voice, eyes focused on the sign. A content

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter