Falling

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung's POV:

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's voice drifts through the front door, and I sit up, straightening out my shirt and pressing my hair down, trying to untangle the messy parts. Jimin laughs silently beside me, pushing the popcorn-filled bowl onto the ground beside himself, flicking some crumbs off his shirt with a smile.

"Um, in the next room! Jimin's here," I speak up, fidgeting nervously, the tension still between us not cleared yet. Jungkook has been avoiding me as much as possible, and he wouldn't speak to me during the dinner, I guess he was still upset at me for walking out last time.

"Oh...," his voice sounds irritated and choked, as if speaking was too hard for him. "Well, Hobi's not here, he wanted me to drop him off at a friend's house, he mentioned something about a party going on."

Jungkook appears in the doorway, and he looks between the two of us; Jimin giving him a lazy wave and grin, patting the spot beside him, the regret obvious in his eyes.

"Have you guys... Sorted things out?" Jungkook asks us nervously, a small waver in his barely-held-together voice.

"Kookie, are you okay?" Jimin queries, getting up after dusting his shirt, running a hand through his hair, a worried frown on his lips when Jungkook doesn't respond. The younger male only gives him an annoyed huff before glancing between the two of us again, eyes shining with something I clearly identify as tears.

"Hey, Jungkookie-," I start, closing my mouth and cutting off my words when he gives me a teary smile, a forced one at that.

"No- uh, yeah, I forgot I had to finish something." With that, Jungkook turns away and half-runs to the bedroom across the hall, the door slamming shut behind him, leaving me in confusion and utter concern.

"What's up with him?" Jimin says, sitting down beside me after narrowing his eyes at Jungkook's closed door.

"I- I don't know, I'll ask him tomorrow. We should get to sleep, the rain isn't going to let down anytime soon," I mutter, trying to rid the image of Jungkook's teary face out of my head, cursing myself for letting him get away with a burden weighing him down.

'What happened to him?' I think curiously, lips turning down at the corners, the romantic mood inside the room ruined, along with my happiness. Jungkook has never looked so sad, so annoyed and so upset, ever.

"Sleep? Oh, yeah, sure, I didn't bring anything though...," Jimin says shyly, making me chuckle softly.

"You can borrow some clothes."

"Thanks," he murmurs, walking over to the closed blinds and pushing one side over, peeking out of the window with a worried smile on his lips. "God, I really hope Kookie is okay. We still haven't sorted things out, maybe that's why he's upset...?"

"It's probably my fault," I whisper quietly, passing Jimin some clothes, my ears perking up at the quiet sound of sniffling coming from hallway. "I hope he's okay."

 

"Hoseok, it was a drunken mistake, just forget about it. We were both drunk and unaware of what was going on, it's not our fault..."

"We're both responsible." Hoseok's voice sounds forced, a fake, light tone in his normally vibrant words.

I crouch down behind the brick-wall and listen, ears perked up for any sigh of them nearing any closer to where I'm hiding. I kind of feel bad for eavesdropping, but Hoseok's been acting a little strange since this morning. His normally obnoxious and bubbly personality has dampened, and he's been smiling a lot with a pained expression clear as day on his face.

I can't just let this slide, he's never been so agitated and nervous. He's never been so anxious about something, which goes to show that something is going on with him, just like Jungkook, who had left the house early in the morning and disappeared ever since last night.

 Plus something need to be done, he's helped me countless times, it's time to return the favour. And then I'll seek Jungkook out.

I zone back into their conversation, tugging the sleeves of my sleeved-shirt over my fingers, nibbling on my bottom lip.

"Namjoon," Hoseok's voice sounds strained and I wince, fighting back the urge to punch this "Namjoon" guy. "What-?"

"I'm sorry, let's just forget about that, it won't happen again. I'm not into men anyways, and I'm sure you're not as well."

I clench my fingers tightly because Namjoon is wrong in assuming that Hoseok isn't into men, in fact he swings both ways, like it or not.

"Y-yeah, I'm not," Hoseok's voice cracks but he covers it up with a nervous cough, lying through his teeth. I narrow my eyes, digging through my pocket for my phone so that I can stop this conversation before it starts.

"Ah, crap, I left it on my bed," I mutter, cursing lightly, pressing my lips into a thin line. Plan B, then.

"Just play it off as a one-night stand, that's all it was. Just two adults getting drunk and screwing around."

My eyes widen at Namjoon's claim and anxiety for my friend courses through my veins. God, I can only imagine what Hoseok must be feeling if he really did harbour any feelings for this man. He's never lied about his uality, but he has in this case, which either means Namjoon is a homophobe or someone very special to him.

And since when did Hoseok get drunk and have one-night stands? In all my years of knowing him, he's never once been able to hold his liquor. He's as lightweight as they can get, also, he doesn't like having one-night stands with anyone, he prefers solid relationships rather than quick flings.

What is going on between them?

Biting back a groan of frustration, I get up from my crouched position and back up a few steps, attempting to look as nonchalant and oblivious as possible before turning the corner, a small skip in my step.

"Oh, hey! Hobi, what are you doing here? Who's this?" I ask brightly, trying to stop my voice from wavering, trying to stop myself from giving away the fact that I know their secret.
The black-haired man, who I assume is Namjoon, flashes me a small dimpled smile, eyes crinkling at the corners. He's tall, taller than me, and taller than Hoseok. Probably around Jin's height, or maybe taller. And he's cute, a baby-face with a certa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter