Tangent

Everything Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I get back to the room with the panadol and glass, my nerves are jumping all over the place. Taking in a deep breath, I attempt to gain some sort of balance with my emotions. I'm so relieved that Jimin is okay, but I'm really nervous about talking to him, because then I'd have to tell him everything and I don't want to hurt him again. I pace outside the closed door, hands holding the glass with such a tight grasp that I'm surprised the glass hasn't shattered already. I'm really scared that I will end up crying again in front of him, it shows the weakest side of me, and I hate knowing that he's seen me at my lowest. I hate admitting that he's seen me at my breaking point.
I should just stop feeling like my whole world is in front of me when he stands so close. But I can't seem to stop wanting to kiss him when he's barely a metre away. I can't stop wanting to touch his skin and I can't stop wanting him. This one-sided love would be my downfall, I was sure.
I don't know how I would cope if Jimin told me he hated me, if the only reason I could smile when I was sad, hated me. I scare myself with these thoughts all day, I scare myself because I know there won't be another outcome, his words will keep me on my toes and my daydreams will keep me pining for him. In the end there is no way out, and sometimes I don't want a way out because then I'm scared he'll forget about me. 
Ever since I met Jimin, he's been the one I've turned to in times of desperation and grief. He's been my safe harbour in wild storms and I know I can rely on him to have my back when even I'm not sure if I have his. And then he turns around and restores my faith and I can't feel myself slip further out of control. Right now I'm slipping so fast, and I have no one to turn to because right now, he's the main source of my panic. And I'm the main source of his.
I let out a sigh and press my head against the door, trying to hear something. Yoongi's voice drifts through the door, and then a soft groan on Jimin's behalf.
"Taehyung, get inside here." I jerk back away from the door, heart jumping to my throat. "I know you're there," he calls out lazily, words full of exasperation. I manage to stop myself from hyperventilating before I push open the door, biting my lip harshly so that I don't follow my instincts screaming for me to run. My mind is screeching fir me to get the heck out of there, but my legs won't obey and my fingers curl into a fist, trying to keep myself from bursting into sobs.
'You're a grown man, Taehyung, stop running,' I reprimand myself internally, lowering my gaze so that I don't have to meet Jimin's dumbfounded eyes. I can feel his eyes piercing into my skin as I walk towards them, and it makes me shift uncomfortably when I finally do look up to hand him the water and medication. He accepts them easily and our fingers brush in the process, making me step back awkwardly, as well as making his eyes fill with hurt at my body language.
"Thank you," Jimin murmurs softly, voice croaky and hoarse. The alcohol he consumed earlier has done a lot to his state, and he looks like a beautiful mess. I feel immediate guilt when he looks at me desperately, clutching at the bed sheet after swallowing the tablets. The glass already sits forgotten on the edge of the bedside table, empty of all contents. My heart twists in my chest; painful and aching. Jimin's fingers tighten around the bed sheet and he looks down, peeking back up at me with an unknown emotion reflected in his eyes.
"Taehyung," he breathes out, fingers leaving the bed to dance across the skin on my arm, as if I could disappear any moment. "I'm sorry," he whispers, meeting my eyes with something akin to regret shining inside his black-orbs. I take a shaky breath and stay in place, too afraid that his fingers would move away if I tried to stand closer.
"I'll leave you guys alone," Yoongi mumbles from the side, shooting me a weird look. His footsteps fade away in the distance, leaving Jimin and I alone.
Jimin sighs softly and his warm fingers leave my arm, instead grabbing my wrist and pulling me forward gently until I'm sitting down on the bed, facing him. I let out a startled gasp and look at him with wide-eyes, feeling his touch burn my skin.
"Jimin," I mumble, and I can feel his fingers sliding down my hand, locking with my fingers. The nervousness is is gone and now all that's left is a warm feeling. Jimin squeezes my hand softly, his fingers running against the back of my hand.
"T-Taehyung, I'm so sorry," he repeats again, sorrow and pain in his voice, making my heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter