Chapter 8: 070516

Experienced

August 12, 2019, Monday

-

Everyone was still eating and talking. Then Sehun leaves earlier than everyone else. All the students look up at him with a confused look on their faces, except for Jungkook and Hyeri. They knew why he left.

Sehun throws his lunch away and walks into the hallway. He slides down the wall and takes a deep breath.

/English

Bora sits down with Sehun and moves into the same position as Sehun, "What's wrong?"

Sehun looks up with his hair messed up, "What do you mean?"

Bora smiles and fixes Sehun's hair. "Is it because of Hyeri?"

"How'd you know?"

"I know everything, Sehun."

Sehun smirks, "I messed up, Bora. I messed up real bad with her and I want to make things right."

"What happened?"

"I said all that stuff about trying girls out and putting labels on each of the ones I've tried. She was there while we talked about it and.. I told her later that she was my final choice and she got mad that it took me years to finally choose after several girls. Then we talked about that and she said was okay with being her final choice, but she said that she was still upset that I---"

"Announced to the whole school that she was yours without her permission?"

"Yeah..."

"She said to give her a day to think about it."

"But she likes you and you like her. She'll probably go to you. So what's the problem?"

"Your ing boyfriend is the problem. He keeps being smooth with her and all the girls are being wooed by it."

"So you're jealous?"

"What?! I'm not jealous. I just don't like him thinking that he's all that because he's got you after a day."

"No, you're jealous that he can woo girls and Hyeri."

", I'm jealous."

Bora smiles and takes a deep breath, "It's okay. It's okay to be jealous. A relationship needs a little jealousy. It shows that you care and love her, but don't go too overboard with it and just show more of your affection for her. I know that you're not really the type to do that and Hyeri probably knows that. But small gestures like a hug or a cute compliment will do for her."

"Alright... I guess I just have to wait 'til tomorrow then?"

"You can start now. There's nothing wrong with giving her a little persuasion before tomorrow unless she rejects it."

Sehun nods and stands up. He puts out his hand and Bora grabs it. He stands her up and Jungkook runs over.

/Korean

Jungkook hugs Bora, "What are you doing here?"

Bora pulls away and smiles, "I was coming back from the office and I saw Sehun out here so I was talking to him."

"You should've told me you were here."

"Well you're out here anyways and plus I have to go now. I'll see you later."

Bora kisses Jungkook on the cheek and waves Sehun good bye. She leaves and Jungkook watches her leave.

/Korean

Jungkook smiles then turns to Sehun, "You good?"

Sehun nods and walks back into the cafeteria with Sehun.

-

Lunch was over and Jungkook and Chayeol walk to class together.

/Korean

Chanyeol takes a deep breath, "I'm surprised at how quick you got to date Bora."

Jungkook scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Why are you surprised? I told you I'm amazing."

"Yeah, and she is hot. I would go for her if I wasn't already into Bomi."

"What the hell?"

"Come on. We all know why you're going so fast with Bora, Jungkook. You wanna get with her and you are a smooth man."

"What are you even talking about?"

"You want to sleep with her. We get it down. I know the girls might not see it, but for the guys, dile it down. We can see it from miles away that you're trying to get into bed with her. I know: her body, her charisma, her face, her s, her a---"

"Stop, Chanyeol. What the ."

Jungkook tries to walk faster, but Chanyeol catches up, "Am I wrong, Jungkook? She looks good. She looks ing good."

"Are girls just materialistic for you? What is Bomi to you?"

"Woah. You can't compare your feelings for Bora to my feelings for Bomi. I haven't gone after Bomi yet because I don't want to rush things with her, but you, my man, are quick. After one day, you score a date and you get to announce that you're dating her. Sooner or later, you're going to score the bed."

"Just because she has a nice body does not mean I want to go for her quickly."

"But you do want to go after her?"

"Goddamnit, Chanyeol. Quit it."

Jungkook walks into class and Chanyeol just laughs. They sit next to each other while Chanyeol continues to tease Jungkook.

-

Class was over and everyone met up at 'The Rock.'

Jungkook hugs Bora and Chanyeol winks at Jungkook. Then Jungkook lets go and just starts small talk until a car pulls up.

/English

The person rolls down their window and V looks out the window, "Hey, Bora, let's go. Traffic is going to start soon at the parking lot."

Bora bites her lip and looks up at Jungkook, then back at V, "Hey, V, I think I'm just going to walk with the rest of the kids. You can go first or take someone else."

"What? Why?"

"I want to walk with Jungkook. It's okay, you can take the others!"

V scoffs and nods. He goes ahead with no one else in the car.

/Korean

Jungkook asks Bora with a confused look on his face, "Are we not going with V today?"

Bora shakes her head and smiles, "I want to walk with you today and I thought it would be awkward if we wre in the car with V."

"Does he not know yet?"

"I guess not."

-

Everyone gets to the cafe and V was waiting in the usual seat.

V looks up at Bora and waves her over while smiling. Bora smiles back, but sits next to Jungkook instead.

Everyone starts eating or drinking what they ordered. Then V grabs Bora's hand and walks her out of the cafe.

Jungkook tries to follow after her, but Chorong grabs Jungkook's arm.

-outside-

Bora pulls away from V's grasp, "What are you doing?"

V takes a deep breath and brushes his fingers through his hair, "What are you doing? Why do you keep avoiding me?"

"I'm not avoiding you... V, you're causing a scene in front of everyone."

"Since when did you ever care of they thought? Why do you keep wanting to be with that Jungkook kid?"

"That Jungkook kid is my boyfriend. That is why I keep wanting to be with him. And it's not the others' thoughts I care about; it's his. A guy that I'm not dating just randomly grabbed his girlfriend and left the cafe. How do you think he feels?"

"Your... your boyfriend?"

"Yes, my boyfriend. I thought I should stop waiting for something special to come by and just date Jungkook."

"What about us?"

"What about us?"

"I thought we had something going on between us."

"I thought we did, too. Until I realized that I was waiting for a year for something to happen."

"And so you went along with the first cute guy that passes by?"

"Look, you don't have any right to judge who I like and date. You can give me your opinion, but you cannot judge him. It's my life. We're just friends, V. Nothing more."

Bora walks back into the cafe and sits next to Jungkook. He puts his arm around her and rubs her arm while V watches as he sits back down.

-

Everyone left except for Bora and V. They were sitting on the swing together.

/English

V takes a deep breath, "Do you really like Jungkook?"

Bora sighs and nods, "I do."

"Was I too late?"

"Why didn't you just go for me? Why didn't you ask me on a date?"

"I don't know... I just didn't."

"You're ridiculous. You can't ju"st confess to me right when I start dating someone."

"I know. I don't know why I decided to do that. I'm sorry, Bora. I hope you and Jungkook work out well."

"I'm going to go home."

"You don't even have a ride."

"I'll just grab a taxi."

Bora stands up, but V holds her back, "I''ll take you home. Come on."

-

November 11, 2019, Monday

-

It was Bora and Jungkook's three months and one day anniversary. Bora walks into the school and when she reaches the doorway, people start, one-by-one, walking up to her and handing her a flower.*

Then when she reaches her table, Jungkook backhugs her, handing her a huge teddy bear, holding a red velvet box. Bora sets the flowers down.

Bora turns around and hugs Jungkook. He, without any words, opens the red velvet box and reveals a beautiful necklace with a heart shaped jewel.

/Korean

Jungkook smiles and turns Bora around, “Happy three months, Bora.”

He puts the necklace on for her and Bora turns back around to face Jungkook. She hugs him and Jungkook kisses her on the head.

Everyone starts clapping and cheering for them.

Then after a while, they sit down while holding hands.

/Korean

Yura comments first, “That was so cute, Jungkook. You are so sweet.”

Minah adds, “That was a really good idea, too. How did you even think of that?”

Jungkook smiles, “I don’t know. Just didn’t feel like giving her the teddy bear and flowers all by myself. Thought I should give everybody a chance?”

Bora laughs, “So you did that for everyone else’s sake?”

Jungkook nods and everybody else laughs. Then everyone’s laugh dies down when IU walks up to the group.

/Korean

Bora looks up and slightly smiles, “What’s up, Jieun?”

IU rolls her eyes and winks at Jungkook, “Hey, Kookie. What’s the event going on today? Is there one for me today? Don’t tell me. I want it to be a surprise.”

Yura scoffs, “ off, IU. Jungkook is dating Bora. It’s their three months so you need to back off and find someone else to bother.”

IU takes a deep breath and glares at Yura, “I don’t think I was talking to you, was I? I don’t talk to irrelevant and unknown people like you.”

Yura’s jaw drops and Bora backs her up, “Come on, Jieun. It’s only like 7 in the morning. Do we really need to cause trouble this early?”

IU looks at Bora, "Oh, look at Bora! Acting as if she's everyone guardian just because her angel boyfriend is with her."

Bora stands up, but Jungkook grabs her arm.

/English

IU smirks, “Finally, your side that only I seem to know is showing to everyone, including your clueless boyfriend.”

Bora looks at her flowers and picks one up, “You poor thing. Here’s a flower to company you and your attitude.”

Bora puts the flower in IU’s hair and sits back down.

/Korean

IU takes the flower out and throws it onto the flower, “Wow, the person with the biggest attitude is telling me that I have a attitude. What an honor.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

*Got this idea from a video