Chapter 6: 062816

Experienced

August 10, 2019, Saturday

-

1:00PM

It was the day Bora and Jungkook were going to have their first date at the park. Bora was getting ready and walked downstairs to grab some food to eat at the park with Jungkook, but she receives a text message. Bora checks her phone.

/Korean/

It was Jungkook, "Don't bring anything except yourself. I'm going to get everything ready on my own. See you soon."

Bora smiles to herself and replies, "Okay. Thanks, Jungkook" and puts her phone back into her bag.

/Korean/

Bora sits at her kitchen table and sighs. She sees a plate covered with aluminum foil and a post it. She takes off the post it and reads it,

"Your father and I are out for work."

There were no "I love you's," Stay safe," etc. Bora takes a deep breath and throws away the post it. She sits on the couch in the living room and doesn't check the food underneath the aluminum foil.

She never did.

She didn't want her step mother to think that she liked her. Her step mother always acted like she was the role model mom, but to Bora, it was a completely different story. But she couldn't say anything to her father. Her father loved her. After the birth mother left Bora, her father had no one but Bora to love. Bora didn't feel like she had the right to take another piece of him away.

After thinking and just listening to some music, it was time for Bora to leave. She grabs her bag and gets into her car and starts driving to the park.

-

2:00PM

Bora walks to the tree and bench that Jungkook wanted to meet at. When she gets there, she sees a blanket put out with all kinds of food set out for her and Jungkook's date. Jungkook was standing under the tree, reading his English book.

Bora smiles and walks over to the tree. 

/Korean/

She sits next to Jungkook and takes a deep breath, "This is really amazing."

Jungkook looks up and puts his book away, "You're here."

"I agreed to a date, didn't I?"

Jungkook gets up and helps Bora up, "Do you want to eat now?"

"Sure!"

They sit on the blanket and as Bora watches, Jungkook gets everything ready for her. He opens up a lunchbox and hands it to her.

/Korean/

Bora blushes, "They're tiny hearts! Jungkook, did you make these?"

Jungkook bites his lip, "I would be lying to you if I said yes... My grandma helped me with some of it. I couldn't do it all by myself."

Bora takes a bite, "Well, I'd like to thank your grandma. It's delicious."

Bora hands Jungkook one and he eats it.

Jungkook pours some juice into a cup and sets it down carefully on the picnic basket.

For an hour, they enjoy the food and talk about everything: school, Korea. English, their past, etc.

Jungkook starts packing everything up after they finish. And then together, they sit on the bench.

Bora thanks Jungkook, "That was really nice , Jungkook. The food was delicious."

Jungkook smiles, "I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for.. agreeing to come with me."

"I'm glad I did. It's not every day I can enjoy a picnic like this. And there weren't any bugs that bothered me!"

"You don't like bugs?"

"I am sincerely afraid of bugs, all ki---"

Jungkook catches a ball that was about to hit Bora in the head. Bora looks up at Jungkook with a surprised look on her face.

Eight guys run up and some were sweating. Jungkook throws back the ball to one of the guys. They were kids from school: the rest of EXO.

/Korean/

Kyungsoo scoffs, "Isn't this the guy that threw you guys down yesterday?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "Let's go. Come on."

Lay pouts, "You guys didn't even apologize. You almost hit her if it wasn't for the new guy? What is up with you four?"

Sehun speaks up, "Kai was the one who threw it. It wasn't us."

Kai slightly smiles and walks toward Bora, "Sorry, Bora. I didn't mean to throw it at you."

Bora nods and an awkward silence overtook them. Then five girls run over. It was Apink. 

/Korean/

Bomi grabs onto Chanyeol's arm, "What's going on?"

Naeun smiles at the sight of Bora, "Bora, what are you doing here? Are you on a date with Jungkook?"

Chorong smirks, "Ooh~ Jungkook, you have some game."

Jungkook scoffs, "Are you guys all hanging out?"

Namjoo chimes in, "Yeah, we were just watching them play soccer until the ball flew over here. And it was taking them a while for them to come back and Bomi was getting nervous that Chanyeol was with other gir---"

Bomi covers up Namjoo's mouth, but Hayoung finishes her sentence, "... girls so she made us come here altogether so that she wouldn't seem suspicious."

Bomi's jaw drops and the guys start snickering. Bomi's face started reddening and she runs away, but Chanyeol chases after her. 

/Korean/

Bora laughs, "That's so cute. They're probably going to end up dating like that."

Hayoung says, "Okay, well we're going to go back because we don't want to ruin your process of dating either."

Hayoung winks and everybody walks away.

/Korean/

Bora clears her throat, "You look mad. Is something wrong?"

Jungkook sighs, "No, it's just... the EXO kids. They're so rude."

"They're not always like that. Sometimes things just don't go well for them. That's what happened yesterday, too. Don't get too upset because of them."

"Why do they act like they know everything?"

"Are you new to this whole high school concept? My mom had this talk with me... I guess it's actually going to be handy. Alright, listen, Jungkook. High school , in my opinion. I want to get out of this hell hole as fast as I can. I'm going to ge tthrough it and then throw away everything. Then I'm going to forget everything that happened in high school and go to college."

"What? So everything that's happening right now doesn't matter."

"Everything that happens since my freshmen year to my senior year... doesn't matter. Sorry if it offends you. It's just... I have so many things that I want to keep and things I want to throw away. So... I'm going to throw everything away so that I don't hold onto too many things... If I keep wanting to keep this and that... then how will I throw anything away? It probably doesn't make sense to you, I'm sorry."

"I want to change that. I want to make at least the rest of your high school years something that you'll never want to throw away."

"Let's see you try.

"I will. And I want to start it off with this."

Jungkook pulls Bora in and hugs her, "Be my girlfriend, Bora Yoon. I don't care if this is too early for you. We can make memories and get to know each other throughout our relationship."

"I.. Jungkook.. Stop joking around..."

Jungkook pulls away and scoffs, "I'm not joking. I want you to be mine. I don't want to wait. I don't want to take tiny steps. Let's start now."

Bora hesitates then nods, "Okay. Make my years memorable."

-

August 12, 2019, Monday

-

Bora walks into the cafeteria and sits in her seat at the usual time- 6:46AM. Bora puts her head down and sighs.

/Korean/

Hyeri pouts and pets Bora, "Today's not a good day either?"

As Hyeri puts her hand away, Minah sighs, "You haven't had a good day in forever... Come on, when are we going to laugh at 7 in the morning again?"

Yura slightly smiles, "Is it because of V? What'd he do this time? Or is it because of the EXO incident last week? You know everything's okay now..."

Then someone sits down next to Bora: Hyorin.

/Korean/

She lifts Bora's face up and smiles, "What's up today?"

Bora smiles with her eyes closed, "I'm dating. I'm just tired from coming home late yesterday. Tomorrow... will be a laugh-filled day. Let me just res---"

Hyorin's eyes get big and she shouts, "You're dating?! You went on a date yesterday?! And you're telling me now?"

Bora wakes up and pulls away from Hyorin's grasp, "Why are you yelling? Sh..."

Jungkook comes up behind Bora and hugs her, "Yeah, my girlfriend is tired from last night. Let's not yell, Hyorin."

Everyone's jaws drop and Jungkook kisses Bora's head.

/Korean/

Yura stutters as she speaks, "Y-y-you're dating J-Jungkook?"

Bora smiles and gets up from the seat. She holds Jungkook's hand and lifts it up to show it off.

Then she links arms with Jungkook, "This much is enough to answer your question, right? I'll see you guys later."

Jungkook and Bora walk off, leaving the group confused. Then Soyou and Dasom sit down at the table.

Dasom asks, without knowing anything, "Where did Bora go? Did she not come? We wanted to cheer her up from last week..."

Soyou lifts up a plastic bag, "I even brought her banana milk..."

Hyorin clears and smiles, "I think Bora is pretty cheered up. She had a good weekend."

The Girl's Day's members start giggling, leaving the other two SISTAR members clueless.

Hyorin figures out their confusion, "Bora is dating Jungkook. She just left with him. They went on a date last night, I'm guessing."

-

Bora and Jungkook were walking, hand-in-hand, to class. Everyone was looking and murmuring.

/Korean/

As they walk up to their first class, Jungkook stops, "I'm going to go to the restroom. You can go into class first."

Bora nods and tries to walk into the classroom, but Jungkook pulls her back and kisses her on the cheek. Bora smiles and walks into the classroom, while Jungkook walks toward the restroom.

After using the restroom, he walks out until someone pins him against the wall: IU.

/Korean/

IU smiles, "Remember me, Jungkook?"

Jungkook blankly blinks, "No."

"I was the girl that took the ball away from you on your first day of school. Then Sehun got all mad at me and took it back when I was just playing."

Jungkook nods, "Right."

Jungkook goes under IU's arm and continues walking to the classroom. IU links arms with Jungkook and he pulls away.