Chapter 7: 070316

Experienced

August 12, 2019, Monday

-

/Korean

Jungkook turns to IU with a disgusted look on her face, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

IU pouts and looks up at Jungkook with puppy eyes, "What do you think I'm doing, Kookie? Do you not like me, Kookie?

"Don't you dare come near me again. I'm not going to be nice."

"It's okay... You don't need to me nice to me, Kookie. I can deal with mean."

IU reaches for Jungkook's hand until someone yells, "Don't touch him."

Jungkook and IU look up to the doorway of the classroom and sees Bora standing there.

/Korean

Jungkook gulps, "Bora, it's not what you think it is. You know I wouldn't do that to you."

Bora ignores Jungkook's statement and walks up to the two.

/Korean

Bora grabs Jungkook's hand and lifts it up so that IU can see, "He's mine. Don't call him Kookie. Don't talk to him. Don't touch him. You can bother me all you want, but doing it through the guys I like is kind of... immature, don't you think? I think what EXO said about SISTAR relates mostly to you."

Bora smiles and walks into the classroom, still holding Jungkook's hand, leaving IU just death glaring the couple.

/Korean

Bora sits down in her usual seat and Jungkook sits down next to her, "Bora... you're not mad, are you?"

Bora looks over at Jungkook and takes a deep breath, "How could I be mad at you, Jungkook? You didn't do anything wrong. Jieun was the one that was bothering you, right?"

Jungkook nods, reaches over to Bora's desk, and holds her hand, "I would never do that to you. IU is going nowhere near me or you and I'm going to make sure of that."

Bora smiles and the teacher walks in. Class starts.

-

Class was over and the couple had to split after dropping Jungkook off at his next class.

/Korean

Bora looks up at Jungkook while holding both of his hands, "Are you sure you didn't know where this class was? You were walking slightly ahead of me, Jungkook,"

Jungkook smirks, "Yeah, I really didn't know."

Bora squints and Jungkook starts laughing, "I needed an excuse to be with you longer. Come on, is that bad?"

"Yes! What if I'm late to my class, Jungkook?"

Bora lets go, but Jungkook pulls Bora by the waist and gives her a kiss on the forehead.

Bora blushes and pulls away, "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Jungkook nods and watches Bora walk away like he did before. After he couldn't see Bora anymore, he walks into his classroom.

-

Second block was over so gym was next. Jungkook easily found his next class. 

He sits down with the group he sat with last week: Hyeri, Bomi, Chorong, and Sehun. The coach did attendance and had them warm up before their first chill game: dodgeball.

/Korean

Everyone was stretching and Sehun walked up to Jungkook, "Hey, Jungkook. During dodgeball, let's split. It won't be fun if we're in the same team, don't you think?"

Jungkook just smirks and nods, "Whatever suits you. If it's because you want to get back at me coolly through dodgeball then it should be fair game."

"I guess since you're a guy, too, you know why I'm asking you to do this."

Jungkook smiles. Then the girls join the conversation.

Hyeri chimes in first, "Then I want to be on Jungkook's team. And then Chorong and Bomi can split."

Bomi calls next, "I'll be in Sehun's team."

Chorong makes her decision, "Then I'll just be with Hyeri."

Jungkook just shrugs at Sehun and Sehun glares at Hyeri for not joining his team.

-

It was time for dodgeball. The teams were made into two. Jungkook, Chorong, and Hyeri were in the same team and Sehun and Bomi were in the same team.

The coach blows his whistle and everyone runs into the middle for the ball. Some people stayed back and squealed if the balls came near them. Some people took the game too seriously. Some people were easily getting out. Etc. Etc.

Sehun was trying to hit Jungkook, but continuously missed with Jungkook's amazing ability to dodge. Jungkook was throwing any balls, mostly just catching was his way of getting people out.

Then Jungkook gets near the area Chorong and Hyeri were. Sehun follows everywhere Jungkook goes and tries to throw the ball at Jungkook, but accidentally throws it toward Hyeri.

Hyeri tries to dodge the ball, but slips on one of the balls that was rolling on the floor. As she falls, Jungkook catches her and the coach blows the whistle for a timeout.

Coach Jung calls Sehun over to where Hyeri and Jungkook were. Jungkook lets Hyeri stand back up and Hyeri tries to catch her breath.

/Korean

Coach Jung sits Hyeri down, "Are you okay, Hyeri?"

Hyeri slightly smiles and nods.

/Korean

Coach Jung takes a deep breath, "Sehun, what were you thinking? And Jungkook... thank you. You were very quick with your hands. She could have really gotten hurt if it weren't for you."

Jungkook smiles with no words.

/Korean

Coach Jung glares at Sehun, "Are you not going to apologize?"

Sehun looks down at Hyeri, "Sorry... I'm sorry, Hyeri..."

Coach Jung sighs, "Take Hyeri to get some water, Sehun. She's probably shocked right now."

Hyeri immediately responds, "No! I'm fine! It's okay, coach. I'm not hurt."

Coach Jung shakes his head," No, I want you to go and get some air." 

Coach Jung stands Hyeri up and Hyeri and Sehun leave the gym. Coach blows his whistle and the game continues.

Hyeri drinks from the water fountain as Sehun waits by her.

/English

Hyeri quickly tries to scurry away, but Sehun calls out for her, "Why are you avoiding me, Hyeri?"

Hyeri stops right at the doorway, "I don't want to do this here."

"I'm sorry, Hyeri. I'm sorry for almost hitting you. I'm sorry for being immature. I'm sorry for looking at other girls. I'm sorry I made my choice now. I'm sorry I said that thing about labels for girls. I'm so---"

Hyeri turns around with tears in her eyes, "Did I ask for an apology? I don't need one. I get it. I know you're sorry. But how am I supposed to trust you after that? How am I supposed to know that I am actually your final decision? I'm okay with being your choice now. I know that your mindset about girls is different. But none of that changes my trust in you."

"Just try it. Give me a chance, Hyeri."

"Why did you announce that we were together without my permission? I'm mad about that, too. Why are you controlling everything? Why doesn't any of my thoughts go into our decisions?"

"I... I'm sorry for---"

"Stop ing saying that. Stop saying you're sorry. I don't want it. It's not going to change anything. Saying a simple sorry isn't going to just change everything, Sehun. I need time. That's all I want: time. Time to think. Time to make my decision. You made your decision after like 3 years. I don't even get a week? , I didn't even get 10 minutes."

"I know.. I messed up. And I won't do it anymore. I won't make any of our decisions without asking you. I know I was being selfish and I'll change that. I'm not going to do anything without your input. I shouldn't have told everyone without you knowing. It was wrong, but now I'll be different so I'm just asking for you to give me a chance."

"Give me a day to think about this. Just a day. You can do that for me, right?"

Sehun takes a deep breath and brushes through his hair.

/Korean

Hyeri scoffs, "You can't even wait a day for my decision? You need it now?"

Sehun shakes his head, "I'll wait. I can wait for you. Because it's you."

Hyeri nods and walks back into the gym.

The girls walk up to Jungkook while Sehun watches through the doorway.

/Korean

Chorong clings onto Jungkook, "Jungkook, you were so cool earlier... Hyeri, you're so lucky you had Sehun almost hit you. You should thank Sehun for letting you experience that."

Jungkook shakes his head, "Don't be ridiculous. It's not like I could have let her just fall on her head."

Hyeri smiles and nods, "He's right. Come on, Chorong. But thank you, Jungkook... You really did save me."

Chorong squeals and hugs Jungkook's arm while other girls surround Jungkook. 

-

It was time for lunch. Jungkook joins the EXO members. Chanyeol greets Jungkook first and the other members do the same.

/Korean

Chanyeol speaks first to Jungkook, "How was your date---"

Chorong sits next to Jungkook and interrupts Chanyeol, "Do you know how cool Jungkook is? Today during gym, we played dodgeball and Sehun threw a ball at Hyeri and she slipped while trying to dodge it. And then Jungkook came in and like caught her!"

Bomi sits in front of Chorong and next to Chanyeol, "It's true. It was pretty cool. It was like a drama and it was so sweet."

Chanyeol pouts, "I can do it, too. It's not like he's the only one that can do it. I can do it, too, Bomi!"

It became silent and Hyeri breaks it, "Guys, get over it. Come on, you're making it a big deal for no reason."

Chorong rolls her eyes, "You''re only saying that because you were the one that got caught. Admit it. You liked it. You think it was cool."

Everyone looks up at Hyeri for her response, except Sehun, but Hyeri answers quickly, "I'm grateful and I liked it because I didn't get my head damaged."

Hyeri smirks and continues to eat her lunch as Chorong and Bomi snicker.