Chapter 2: 041616

Experienced

August 9, 2019, Friday

First period, done. Bora and Jungkook were walking together to Jungkook's second class.

/Korean/

Then Bora continued talking about the kids that Jungkook could get to know, "Someone you could get to know is my best friend, Hyojung Kim AKA Hyorin. She's known to be the best at everything at our school. She's in your lunch as well. You already met Girl's Day: Minah, Hyeri, and Yura. There's also Sojin in that group, but she doesn't sit with us in the mornings. Some guys you could get to know are like.. oh, there's this group called EXO. And in that group, there's four guys that are super close. There's Sehun Oh, Chanyeol Park, Minsuk Kim AKA Xiumin,  and Jongdae Kim AKA Chen."

Jungkook asked, "Are they in my lunch?"

"I'm not sure. You'll see. I'll tell the others about you. We're actually hanging today at the cafe across the street. We always hang out there so you should come."

Right when Jungkook was about to give an answer, another girl comes up to Bora and links arms with her. It was Hyorin.

/English/

Hyorin smiled and asked, "Who's the boy you're walking with? I've never seen him before!"

Bora replied, "This Jungkook Jeon. He came from Korea about 1 year ago. He doesn't known English so use Korean."

/Korean/

Hyorin nodded and waved to Jungkook, "Hi, Jungkook! I'm Hyojung Kim, but you can call me Hyorin. Welcome to Haneul!"

Jungkook smiled, "You're Bora's best friend?"

Hyorin: laughed and looked at Bora, "You boasted about me again?"

Bora rolled her eyes and responded, "I was telling him about the people that he could get to know. He has your lunch so I told him to sit with Minah and you sit there, right?"

"Yup! Feel free to ask me for help whenever you need it, Jungkook! I have to go now so I'll see you later! Bye, Bora!"

Bora unlinked arms and Hyorin scurried away. After a couple more steps, they arrive at Jungkook's classroom.

/Korean/

Bora stopped at the door, "I have to go to class 'cause I don't want to be late. Good luck finding your next classroom and don't be afraid to ask for directions. Everyone here knows how to speak Korean."

Bora smiled and waved as she walked away. Jungkook watched until he couldn't see her anymore and walked into his classroom.

-

After second period, Jungkook was easily able to find the gym. He walked in and asked around for where his coach was, Coach Jihoon Jung. Then a girl walked up to Jungkook and called his name. Jungkook turned around and saw Hyeri looking up at him. She smiled and grabbed his arm.

/Korean/

Hyeri said, "What are you waiting for? Are you not going to go to class? Come on."

Hyeri walked away and Jungkook silently follwed along. They went to the corner of the gym where a group of students were sitting down. Hyeri sat down with two other girls and one guy. Jungkook distanced himself and sat away.

/Korean/

Hyeri called out for Jungkook and he turned around, "What are you doing? Sit with us."

Jungkook nodded and went over to the group. He sat down and made eye contact with everyone. 

/Korean/

Hyeri introduced him to the others, "This is Jungkook Jeon. He doesn't know English very well so let's not use that~ It'd be rude."

'The girl with her hair tied up smiled and introduced herself and the others, "I'm Bomi, Bomi Yoon! And this is Chorong Park. This is Sehun Oh."

Chorong pointed at Jungkook's shirt and Sehun's shirt, "You guys are both wearing the same shirts! Aw that's so cute. It's probably a sign that you guys will be like best friends."

Bomi looked at Chorong, "What are you talking about? Sehun and Chanyeol are best friends! You can't just give the label of that to someone else just because they're wearing the same shirt."

"You're only getting mad at me because Chanyeol likes you! You're not even dating him, what's the big deal?"

Hyeri smiled and called for Sehun, "Talk to Jungkook. He's probably uncomfortable with them fighting and all."

Sehun smiles at Hyeri and nods.

/Korean/

Sehun sighs and asks Jungkook a question, "I'm guessing you have the same lunch as me."

Jungkook answers, "Probably since we have the same third period. By the way, where did you get your shirt?"

The coach brings everyone together and calls for attendance.

/English/

Hyeri calls for the teacher, "Coach Jung! Jungkook Jeon can't speak English! He's only been here for a little bit!"

Coach Jung nods and looks on his clipboard. He writes something down and looks back up.

/English/

He clears his throat and says, "Sehun Oh, where ever you are, you are responsible in translating for Jungkook and making sure he knows what to do."

/Korean/

Sehun nods and turns to Jungkook, "I'll be translating everything for you for gym so don't worry."

Jungkook smiles and nods. 

Since it was the first day of school, it was a chill day in the gym. Jungkook and Sehun played basketball while the girls watched.

/English/

Chorong asked Hyeri a question, "Hey, haven't you realized that Sehun only smiles for you? He smiles with his guy friends, but when it comes to girls, it's only you."

Hyeri rolls her eyes, "Come on, Chorong. That's not how it works."

Bomi shakes her head and agrees with Chorong, "He totally has a thing for you. Don't you like him, too? It's so obvious for the both of you! Everyone knows but you guys."

Hyeri clears and continues watching Sehun.

Then the guys took a break. Jungkook held onto the ball as they took a water break outside of the gym. Jungkook was drinking water and Sehun sat against the wall.

/Korean/

Sehun took a deep breath and looked up at Jungkook, "Hey, are you interested in any of the girls at our school? I know you're knew, but you probably met a girl that you thought was cute."

Jungkook smirked and nods, "There's this one girl that's been nice throughout the whole day. She even asked me to hang out with her friend afterschool at the cafe across the street."

"Oh man, not you too... It's okay everyone goes through it. Every time someone meets Hyorin for the first time, they immediately fall for her. Good luck man, there's so many other guys that like her, too."

"Hyorin? No, I'm talking about her friend Bora."

"Bora? That's reasonable, too. But I don't know if you'll be able to handle her. The only reason most guys don't like her is because she's hard to get. Hyorin.. she's a bit easier since she's like super open. But, Bora... not so much."

"I can try, can't I?"

Then a cute girl comes up to the water fountain, takes a drink of water, and snatches the ball from Jungkook.

/English/

Sehun sighs and gets up, "Give the ball back, Jieun."

The girl pouts, "I told you to call me IU. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Okay, IU. Just give us the ball back."

IU ignores Sehun and smiles at Jungkook.

/Korean/

IU introduces herself to Jungkook as she hands the ball back to Jungkook., "You're Jungkook, right? I'm IU, senior."

Jungkook takes the ball and nods. He walks away back into the gym and Sehun follows, but IU grabs his arm.

/English/

IU warns Sehun, "I don't want Bora going near him."

Sehun pulls his arm away and replies, "Leave him alone. You can 't be trying to take away every guy that could have something with Bora. What has she ever done to you?"

"Don't say anyting about my relationship with her. You don't know anything."

IU stomps away and Sehun takes another deep breath. He walks into the gym and sits down in between Hyeri and Jungkook.

/English/

Hyeri sees that Sehun was stressed and tries to comfort him, "Hey, you okay?"

Sehun looks at Hyeri and nods, "Yeah, IU is just annoying."

"Did she bother you again?"

"Indirectly, she was trying to flirt with Jungkook."

The girls look at Jungkook and see that he was just on his phone with no expression on his face.

/Korean/

Bomi clears and calls for Jungkook, "Hey, Jungkook. I'm warning you. If you go near IU and think of starting anything with her. You better not come near us. Especially Bora. You come near Bora with IU stuck on you... you'll be regretting it for the rest of your life."