The Ugly Truth

Can you keep a secret?

Chapter12: The Ugly Truth

Gayoon’s P.O.V.

I waited for Gikwang outside the ICU room with Yoseob. I cried. This all happened because of me. I’m the one who wanted a sister so badly and my family had to face the consequences. A moment later, the doctor came out from the emergency room. He told us that Gikwang had a breathing difficulty due to some uncertain reason. His heart failed to function normally. He needed a heart transplant. The doctor told us that if we can get a perfect-matched heart within 24 hours, he might be able to save Gikwang. Before we could even say anything, mom grabbed me and ran to her car. Yoseob followed us.

Mom’s P.O.V.

“Hello, this is Sarnee Institution. How can I help you?” the voice said.

“I’m Hyuna’s guardian. You called me just now”

“I received the picture you emailed me. I recognised her. She was a patient here”

“But, how come she’s at the orphanage? Did you just say that I adopted someone with a mental disorder?”

“She ran away a few years ago. Be careful, she’s very dangerous”

“What do you mean by that?”

“She killed people before. She envied every girl who got what they wanted but she doesn’t. She ended up killing them”

“You mean, my daughter’s in a big trouble?”

“Not only you daughter. Whenever her loved got rejected, she’ll kill the whole family. She had never been loved. That’s the reason she became so depressed and lost her mind”

“What do I need to do now?” I asked.

“Is she here with you?”

“No. She’s with my husband, at home”

“Get him out of there!” he said and I quickly hung up the phone.

I ran to find Gayoon and grabbed her hand and ran to my car. The boy followed us.

--Meanwhile, at home--

Dad’s P.O.V.

I went home with Hyuna so that she and my wife wouldn’t get into another fight. As we reached home, Hyuna went upstairs, to her room. I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. Stress made me hungry. I found a cup of ramen and poured hot water into it. While waiting for it, Hyuna came into the kitchen, wearing a dress.

“Dad” she came closer to me.

“What? Why are you dressing like this?” I asked.

“Do you like it? Am I pretty?”

“Yes, you’re always pretty. Now, go change your clothes”

“But why? You said you like it”

“Please Hyuna, I’m very stressful”

“Dad, I love you” she said, leaning closer to me.

“Yes, I love you too”

“I mean, I love you” she pulled me nearer.

“Wait, what are you doing?” I pushed her away from me.

“You said you love me”

“What are you thinking? I love you as a daughter”

“I love you more than that. Why won’t you accept me?” She pouted.

“I’m married and I’m not going to fall for my own child!” I yelled at her.

She was furious; I could clearly in her eyes. She walked behind me, grabbing a knife. I turned around and…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s note: after reading all those positive comments, I decided to keep writing. Thank you for your kindness *bow 90degree*. I hope this chapter isn’t a disappointment. I love you guys^^