Another chance?

After I Loved You

"Okay (Y/N) calm down he just said to pick them up." You took in a shaky breath while looking in the mirror. Mark had invited you to his house to get some notes but you couldn't help and feel nervous. Besides it seemed as though he was flirting a bit before you two went your separate ways.

"C-could he like me back?" You whispered causing your face to flush. You tried to push down the feeling in your heart by thinking bout about Jess flirting with Mark, but still that earlier conversation with him gave you a small ounce of hope.

Even the fact that you ran into Eric couldn't make you feel down. You walked with a slight bounce to Mark's house. "Maybe I'm too early?" You said to yourself as you stopped at the gate. "Yeah. I'll go back" you turned around to walk away. "But then I'm already here." You turned back toward his house. You kept fussing over whether or not to go and knock that you didn't notice Mark standing on his porch.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Mark said loudly causing you to jump slightly. "Hi... Uhh did you see-" Your sentence didn't get finished because Mark was grinning ear to ear. "Yeah. Come on!" He waved his hand and you let you & your red face in. You cursed inwardly because he saw what you were doing.

"Wow! Your house is super nice Mark!" You spread out your arms at all the space before taking the notes you needed to pick up.  "Yeah, I told my parents to get me the one next to you so I could be clo- uhh I mean it's just me so like uhh you know I don't need all that space!" He quickly added causing you to giggle. "Oh come on you wanted to be next to me!" You flicked your hair from your shoulder.

"Actually I do." Mark looked into your eyes and you couldn't look away. His head leaned closer & closer to you. You could almost feel his breath on you, but there was a knock on the door. Mark pulled away awkwardly. "I-I'll get that." He mumbled and you just stood there. "W-was he gonna kiss me?" Your breathing was labored.

"Mark! Hi!" You recognized that voice. "Jess. Hey." Mark didn't sound as chipper. Their voices were a little muffled so you waited for them to come into the kitchen. "(Y/N)! Awe why are you here?" Jess said, your eyebrows furrowed. Did she always sound this y? "Hey Jess" you muttered. "I just came to give Mark a house warming gift." You looked at it, it was this odd looking  vase? "Anyway Mark are you busy?" She asked handing you the vase. "(Y/N) be a doll & put this some where"

"No he isn't. Uhm I'll get going. Thanks Mark!" You quickly bowed walked to the door. "Wait (Y/N)!" Mark called as you were about to close the door. "You don't have to leave" he muttered and looked at the floor. You thought he was just being polite so you declined. "No it's fine. I have to copy these, besides I know you have a crush on her. It's okay!" Mark stared at you for a while before running fingers through his hair. "Yeah. Okay." He sighed.  

You turned around after muttering a quick good bye. You could feel the limps form on your throat. "So he still likes her..." Your heart felt heavy, that small hope from earlier disappeared.

At school you tried your best to not see Mark. You hardly ever saw him in between classes , but today it seemed as though you two had the same schedule. You would turn and try to hide when you did see him. "Hey (Y/N)!" You heard BamBam call to you after classes ended. "Hi!" You waved and glanced and Mark who was once again talking to Jess. You frowned, what a jerk.

"Hey BamBam, Jackson do you have anything to do this afternoon?" You asked at the corner before you normally parted ways. "No! Anything for (Y/N)!" Jackson added happily causing you to giggle. "Okay! Come to my house!" You smiled not waiting for Mark.

Mark's brow furrowed at your actions. 'I should've just kissed her' he thought in his mind. "Hello?! Earth to Mark?!" Jess waved a hand in front of him. "What?" "Walk me home!" She whined and clinch into him. "But-" "(Y/N) already went with Jackson & BamBam." Mark sighed. Jess was right, but what was wrong with you?

At your apartment BamBam and Jackson cornered you. "Okay! Spill the beans!!" Jackson demanded while poking your forehead. "Ow! What beans?" You asked defensively. "Mark said you went over to his house!" BamBam smirked at your reaction. Remembering the almost kiss made you flush pink.  "And you've been avoiding him all day!" Jackson yelled.

You sighed, these guys would never give up. "Okay so we had a m-moment. I-I mean I could've been imagining it and all that-" BamBam's finger get stopped. "Just give us the core details" he smiled softly. BamBam knew how you rambled when you got nervous. "Okay, uhm Mark almost kissed me." As if on que Jackson and BamBam yelled "What?!" Jackson covered his mouth and giggled.

"Mark & (Y/N) sitting in a tree k-I-s-s-I-n-g!" Jackson sang before BamBam joined in. "Guys." You rubbed your forehead, but they kept singing. "GUYS! I said he ALMOST kissed me!" You yelled, you felt annoyed. "What do you mean almost?" BamBam raised an eye brow. "Yeah. Jess happened to knock on the door." You pouted, "Gosh I sound mean." You and her were suppose to be best friends right? Why was there this tension though.

"Ugh I don't like her." Jackson sighed, he really had hoped Mark grew the guts to kiss you. It was obvious the guy liked you. "It's always something to do with Jess." BamBam spat. "Oh yeah, BamBam how come Eric knows you?" Jackson asked while popping some ramen into the microwave.

BamBam looked at you and you nodded signaling it was okay to talk about your ex. "Uhm well you see, I was the one that found out he was cheating on (Y/N)." BamBam explained. "He cheated on you?!" Jackson scowled, "that ing . I swear if I ever get my hands on him I'll beat him up!"

You sighed remembering the past. "Yeah, I wanted to beat him up too" BamBam added. You shot him a look, "You broke his nose remember?" You were trying to sound serious but you ended up laughing. "I would've done more had Jess not- ugh never mind. Let's not talk about it."

After the boys left you sat thinking about what BamBam said. "Jess? I thought she was on vacation with her family. Hmm" you mumbled. Suddenly there was a knock at your door. You got up slowly and opened the door. "Eric? What are you doing here?" You asked half interested. "I came to see you." He smiled. "Oh well you saw me. Bye." You were gonna push the door closed but, "wait (Y/N)! I- uhm can I come in?" He asked all of a sudden.

"So what did you want to say?" You asked carefully while you two sat down in the living room. "I want us back. (You were about to say something but he raised you hand to stop you) Let me finish. I know what I did was wrong (you scoffed) I want to make things better. So what I'm asking is can I get a second chance." Your eyes widened, you wouldn't have expected this. "Look I-" "but you always use to say people deserved a second chance." He cut you off.

You sighed angrily. "Look Eric, I don't know if I can trust you anymore. There was a point were I would give you everything you wanted except sleeping with you. How did you react? You went around sleeping with other girls!" You spat while waiting for his reaction. He was looking down at his hands and then said. "I'm not the same guy. I've changed..." He sounded like he meant it which caused you to sigh. "Look I don't know Eric. I have to-" you were cut of once again by Eric.

"It's because of Mark isn't it?" He asked.