Jealous

After I Loved You


You took a shaky breath in and wiped your eyes. You went up to the cashier and ordered an iced coffee. You always drank coffee when you were feeling down. Once you placed your order you sat down at an empty table and looked at the clouds. Sighing you rested your chin on your hands. "I was just trying to help him." You muttered sadly. You spaced out and didn't here your name being called by the server.

A drink was placed on your table causing you to look up. You turned and saw the cashier. You were slightly disappointed because you hoped it was Mark, here to tell you he didn't mean it. But then again you knew he wouldn't. You smiled politely at the cashier. "Thank you" You pulled your drink towards you.

"Mind if I sit here? I'm on my lunch break." He rubbed the back of his head shyly. You smiled "oh yeah go ahead! Some company would be nice." You watched him as he sat down, "so what's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" He asked, his cheeks flushing pink. You were flattered, "I don't know, I felt like taking a breather." The cashier nodded in agreement.

"I'm Jackson by the way." He gave you a huge grin and extended his hand out. "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you Jackson." You took his hand and shook it slightly. "So, do you have a boyfriend Y/N?" He suddenly asked. It was your turn to flush pink. "N-not really." You stuttered unintentionally. Jackson turned his head at your reply. "Not really?" You nodded but before you could explain he cut you off. "Let me guess, you like him but he likes someone else!" He stood up proud as if he had solved a big mystery.

Mark finished walking up the stairs of the pier when he heard someone yell something about liking someone or something. He turned and saw his best friend from highschool Jackson. Without thinking he yelled, "Ya! Jackson you are always loud!" Jackson turned and saw Mark.

"Mark!" Jackson suddenly turned, your belly turned. It couldn't be your Mark you thought but when you turned you saw that it was in fact the Mark that you knew. You saw how Jackson & Mark embraced in a bear hug. "Ahh! Who would've thought we would run into each other today!" Jackson yelled. Gosh that kid was loud you thought giggling. You turned hoping Jackson had forgotten about you. You didn't want to see Mark at the moment.

After the bear hug Jackson put his hands on both of Mark's shoulders and said "Dude I met this beautiful girl! I'm gonna get her number, come with me." Jackson whispered excitedly. Mark chuckled at what he said. That was Jackson for you. Jackson threw his arm over Mark's shoulders walking towards you. You had been focusing on your drink trying not to stand out but to your dismay that wasn't enough.

"Mark this is-" Jackson was about to say your name but Mark beat him to it. "Y/N" Mark froze, what were you doing with Jackson?! His mood darkened once more. "I thought you were going to get a drink and come back?" He asked sharply. You glared at him, "I said I was gonna get a drink. Nothing more nothing less." Jackson sat there looking at you too. "Woah you guys know each other? Rather well as I can gather." He exclaimed. "Yeah. I guess" you mumbled. Mark eyes widened in disbelief. "You guess?" He asked. You ignored his question.

"W-wait are you two dating?" Jackson suddenly asked. "No. Apparently he thinks I'm petty." You answered annoyed. Your reply stung Mark and made a light bulb go off in Jackson's head. "Wait Y/N is this the-" you quickly covered his mouth and said "Stop!" He doesn't know." You whispered into Jackson's ear.

Seeing you two together made Mark sick. He slammed his fist on the table causing you and Jackson to jump. "What was that for?" Jackson asked. "Nothing." Was Mark's short reply. He turned and walked the other way. Another light bulb went off in Jackson's mind. "Hey Y/N?" He looked at you, while you were looking at Mark's retracting figure. "Hmm" you answered. "Who else came with you?" He asked. You looked at him, "BamBam and a Jr. Oh and my best friend." You smiled. Jackson's face lit up. "BamBam's here! & Jr!" You nodded, "do you know them to?" You asked. He nodded excitedly.

Jackson dragged you towards BamBam and Jr. "Hi guys! Jackson is here!" The two Boys turned and ran up to meet Jackson. They hugged and asked what they were doing at the beach. "Well I got a job here but I met Y/N! & as it turns out she knows you guys!" BamBam threw his arm around you. "Ya! Jackson you weren't hitting on my girl?!" BamBam said playfully causing you to smile. "Haha very funny. Not." Jackson pouted.

Mark leaned against the piers side.  He looked at you guys and felt angry when he saw BamBam place his hand around you. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "What is wrong with me?" He asked himself before placing his head on his shoulder. Once he had cooled down he made his way towards you guys.

"Mark! You came back!" Jackson yelled dramatically causing you to giggle. "Guys I'm hungry!" BamBam exclaimed while patting his flat belly. "Yeah I am too!" You said. "Okay let's go eat!" Jess said while grabbing her clothes to change out. You followed her and changed out as well. You brought a loose burgundy sundress that made you feel cute. Once again BamBam complemented your looks as did Jackson. Once again Mark felt his mood darken.

Once you guys got to the restaurant you excused yourself to the restroom w/ Jess. "Mark is acting really weird today isn't he?" She asked. You nodded sadly, "he is" you glanced at Marl who went to get his drink.

Jackson took the opportunity to talk to BamBam and Jr about you and Mark. "Hey is something going on with Mark & Y/N?" He asked quietly. Jr.  looked perplexed and BamBam seemed to know something. "I know Y/N has a thing for him. I can tell, but Mark seems to not know he has a thing for her." BamBam nodded confirming it. "Yeah! I noticed his mood darkens when she is with someone else. Even when she's with me!"BamBam explained. Jr finally caught on. "Oh yeah! When she was playing with you in the water Mark's mood darkened and he just kept looking at you two" That was all the confirmation Jackson needed. "Guys lets help him realize his feelings okay?"

You walked to the table with you friend and sat down. "Hey Y/N come sit next to me!" Jackson motioned to the seat next to him." "Sit next to me!" BamBam said. You looked at them and then at Mark. You usually sat with Mark but you knew you couldn't this time. So you sat in between BamBam and Jackson. Mark just stared at you and it made you a bit uneasy. He never paid this much attention to you.

Throughout dinner Mark stayed quiet while the boys flirted with you. "Oh! Y/N lets play the peperro game!" Jackson said while placing the chocolate covered pretzel stick in his mouth. You glanced at Mark who had turned his attention to Jess. You took a deep breath and placed your mouth on the other end of the pretzel stick.

Suddenly you felt someone pull you away from it roughly. You looked up surprised, it was Mark. "Come. With. Me." The tone of his voice sent shivers down your back. You could tell he was mad. Before you could reply he dragged you out of the place. He held on to your wrist tightly. The more you tried to pull the tighter he held you. "O-ow Mark it hurts!"