Betrayal

After I Loved You

Mark slammed his front door shut. He was beyond furious, how could you play him like that & with BamBam? Out of all people it had to be his friend. He plopped down on his couch and drifted off to sleep with the image of you and BamBam hugging stuck in his head.

In the morning Mark lounged around his place. Not caring about a thing in the world. There was a knock on the door and when he opened it he held in a sigh. He was half hoping it was you, but it was Jess.

"Geez Mark did you not sleep last night? You look terrible!" Jess exclaimed before walking past him. "No. Uhm I saw Y/N with BamBam last night..." Mark's voice came out like a whisper. He was too busy looking at the floor to notice Jess smiling.

"Oh Mark you poor thing!" She cried and went up to hug him. Mark pulled away slightly. He didn't want her or you getting the wrong idea. "Mark? Why don't you let me hug you?" Jess said with annoyance. "I-I don't want Y/N to get the wrong idea." Jess scoffed. "As if she cares. You saw her with BamBam right?" Mark nodded, feeling stupid.

"But I still like her. You don't understand it's not easy to hate someone you lo- like!" Mark combed his fingers through his blonde hair. "She got over you. And pretty quickly from what I can see" Jess walked around him. "Forget her. She played with you." Mark felt his anger bubbling. "She knew you liked her and she led you on, Mark. She doesn't deserve you. She is a liar." Jess spat. "And with who? BamBam, your friend. She probably thinks that you will forgive her." She taunted, "and you being the stupid little love struck boy will do so. Right?" Mark snapped his gaze from the floor into Jess. "No" he growled. "I will not. She can go all our friends, but from this day on she isn't anything to me." Mark spat before turning away and locking himself in his room.

Jess laughed to her self. "Oh you stupid boy. He fell into my plan like a piece of cake." She smirked before calling out. "Mark I'm gonna make some soup!" She sang and went to the kitchen. "It's my turn to win him over Y/N" she said and continued cooking.

You sat in your house sulking about what you found out. Jess, your said best friend was the cause of your failed relationship. "H-how could she?" You asked yourself, angry at the fact that you were sad. You thought about Mark, should I tell him? You wondered. "Maybe later." You mumbled willing yourself to sleep some more.

A month later:

Mark had done a lot of thinking. He was trying to look at it from your perspective. Maybe you had a reason to hug BamBam. Were you sad? "Ugh I don't know" Mark rubbed his hands over his eyes. Over the past weeks, Jess was the only company he had. He was beginning to feel grateful towards her.

But as the weeks progressed Mark began feeling resentment towards you. He hadn't seen you and convinced himself he didn't need to. "Whatever. It's not like she cares enough to see me." Mark grumbled and turned to lay on his side. "I need fresh air." He mumbled grabbing his jacket.

You hadn't realized it had been a month since you found out your best friend was actually your enemy. "Y/N! Let's go out to eat! My treat!" Jackson yelled and you smiled. The boy had done up to the impossible to make you smile. Everyone taking turns to treat you. You walked out and Jackson  extended his arm. "Let's go madam." You played along, "Why thank you sir." You smiled and linked arms.

"Oh wait! I forgot my phone!" Jackson yelled and ran back into your house. You laughed and turned to meet the gaze of a stoic Mark. "Mark..." You breathed, he looked so terrible. He had dark circles and lost a lot of weight.

He was about to say something when Jackson walked out. "Mark! Where have you been?!" Jackson  cried and was about to hug Mark when Mark stepped back. "We need to talk" was all Mark said before taking your hand and pulling you along.

"Mark! Wait!" You cried at the pressure on your wrist. He finally turned around. "Why'd you do this to me?!" Marks voice was cold, "Mark I-" "I would've forgiven you if you had chosen another man. But BamBam he is my friend and now Jackson?!." "What?"

You were confused, chose? "Jess told me that you played with men. I-I thought you didn't but you do. Do you think this is a game? Do you think I'm a game?!" Mark spat and you felt your tears water. "Mark listen to me!" You pleaded, "Jess. She isn't who you think she is. She- she-" Mark let go of your wrist roughly. "I know exactly who she is." You have him a look flooded with confusion. "No you-" "She is my girl. So I'd watch your tongue when you talk about her." Mark spat and you felt a tear slip down.

"Oh please now you're crying? You didn't give a damn about me for a month! Jess did. She came by everyday and I-I love her." Mark's mouth felt dry at the lie but he could take it back. "Why do I love her? Because unlike you she isn't ing all of my-" There was a loud slap that resonated through the empty street. Mark snapped out of his rant and looked at you. "You don't know anything." You spat back and wiped a tear off your face, you turned and walked away.

Mark regretted what he said. He reached his hand out but clenched his fist and turned around. "It's better this way." He reasoned even though he was also dying.

You walked up to your house, the tears had dried and you stared at the floor mindlessly. Jackson rushed to your side, "Y/N w-what/" "Its over Jacks. Mark loves her. I thought my love was worth fighting for but it isn't. He thinks I played with him, but it was the realist thing I had." You whispered and Jackson  felt his anger build. "What happened?" Jackson was worried, he had never seen you so worn out.

"It's a long story. Jacks I'm sorry but could I take a rain check on our lunch date. I-I want to be alone." You whispered and Jackson nodded. He hugged you and pressed a caring kiss on your forehead. "Be well. I'll stop by tomorrow."

When Jackson left your house he had to fight the urge of confronting Mark. He pulled out his phone, "Bam we need to talk. It's about Mark and Y/N" Jackson had to get to the bottom of it.

As you laid down on your couch your phone rang. "Hello?" You muttered and a chirpy Eric answered. "Hey babe. Can I come over for lunch tomorrow? I'm sorry to cancel today. I'm really busy!" You frowned, you didn't even know you had plans. "Yeah. Okay." You confirmed and hung up.

Eric's lips were against someone's lips. "What she say?" The girl asked. "Nothing she's as compliant as ever." Eric said between kisses. "Stupid girl." "Isn't she your best friend?" Eric pulled back to look at Jess' eyes. Jess scoffed, "As if. Now hurry up and claim me. I want you." She crashed her lips over Eric's and Eric smirked. It was too easy to fool you.