Chapter 9 - About My First Love

About My First Love

               In fact, Jiyong has never expected to see seungri in front him again. To see the younger guy sitting in front of him, for jiyong, it still feels like a dream. And to see the smiles that he loves so much, jiyong cant be more happier. “arh.. did u ask daesung to brought me here?” jiyong asks the question he wanted to know the answer so much. Seungri his head and form a soft smile. “No sunbae. It wasn’t me” jiyong feels his heart aching. But it doesn’t matter that much though. All that matter is seungri is here, in front of him again.

              “Your office room is really good though. U must be in good condition” jiyong roams around the room as he said those. The truth is jiyong wanted to dig more about seungri. What did seungri do in last 5 years. How did he become the painter? And if seungri still have feelings for him. If seungri is ready for him now. Jiyong wanted to know all of them.

              “I moved to gwangju back then. I attend an art school there and walk all my way to here. It wasn’t easy but I m glad that I m here now” seungri stops for a while. “it is my first collection sunbae” seungri eyes shifts their way to jiyong eyes. Seungri eyes were filled of words that jiyong cant comprehend. “it is me right? The boy in the paintings” jiyong asks seungri another question that he wants to confirm. Though he knows the answer already, jiyong still want to listen the answer from seungri.                                                                                                                          

               “How about you sunbae? How did u live these past years?” seungri turns his head away as he avoids jiyong question. Jiyong feels another blow to his heart. But he just try to remained composed. “for me..”

I missed you like crazy everyday, everytime. There is no day that I passed through easily without think about you.

             But jiyong just smiles. “it was great… I graduated and gets myself a decent job. And I even moved away from my parents. I have my own apartment now. And my job is doing great too. I m a musical director now if u don’t know. So it was great” seungri nodded. And they both fell in to a deep silence which both of them doesn’t want to break first.

                 “Time really passed by so fast” seungri low voice breaks the silence between them first. “so many things change too” seungri words were making jiyong nervous. He cant really guess what is seungri thinking. Or what kind of things seungri words were leading too. “true. Even our youngbae gets married and is a father now. It feels like yesterday when youngbae first liked jieun” jiyong glances at seungri. It feels like yesterday when I first met you seungri.

                 Jiyong could feel seungri warm gaze on him. “How about you sunbae? Did sunbae have someone now?” jiyong could feel his lips drying. His heart beat racing. Jiyong is scared of the purpose of seungri question. Seungri looks so calm asking that but for jiyong, for kwon jiyong, he feels like dying. Maybe he is overthinking but jiyong doesn’t really like the atmosphere right now. “I don’t have anyone right now because..” jiyong lets out a small smile. “I have someone that I m waiting for. Someone that I have been waiting for so long” Jiyong was firm about his feelings. He simply doesn’t want to hesitate anymore.

               “…sunbae..” it was the same face. The face seungri shows to him when he said he wanted to run away. Jiyong doesn’t want to listen to the same answer from him. Jiyong doesn’t want to accept the words ‘not ready’ after all these 5 years without seungri. “Don’t say those. The words u r thinking right now don’t u dare say those. Do u know how did I live these 5 years? I lived every day in pain. I waited for u telling myself that u would come back like a fool. It was tiring. So much. But u know, I love u so much that even when I was hurting like crazy, not even once have I thought about giving up on you. Seungri-ah I really cant live anymore without you. That’s why please.. don’t do it”

              Jiyong tears were falling. There was such a pain inside him. And everything he was hiding until now breaks out. Jiyong hands reach out to seungri and he grabs seungri hands tightly. This time he is not letting go of seungri easily. Not anymore. He isn’t going to lose his happiness just like that again. “don’t run away from me anymore please” seungri slowly removes his hand from jiyong grip. Jiyong looks at seungri instantly. Seungri eyes were filled with tears too. And seungri moves closer to him. Seungri slowly pull jiyong into his arm as he rests his head on jiyong shoulder.

               “I missed you too sunbae… a lot” seungri pulls jiyong into a deeper hug. “me too I missed you every day. But I couldn’t bring myself to find you again. I have those wild thoughts about u living well without me. I m afraid that if I find you again, there would be someone else beside you who is not me. If that happens, I know I will go crazy. That’s why like a coward, I just lived everyday missing you. Thank you for waiting me this long. I m very late, very very late but sunbae I m ready now. I know that u love me and” seungri breaks the hug as he stares into jiyong eyes. “me too I love you sunbae”  

                Have u ever feel like the time stopped for a while in your life? Because kwon jiyong world just stunned there at the moment. All he can do is looking at seungri and replying those words again and again. Jiyong cant even believes his own ears right now. Is this a dream? Jiyong even tried to pinches himself to only found out that it is indeed not a dream. It was reality. Seungri loves him. The first love he cherishes for 5 years long. And now seungri said he loves him too. Seungri said he is ready too. Jiyong doesn’t know how to respond that anymore as he just stand there still for a few more minutes.

               “Sunbae.. are u just going to stand there like that?” seungri laughs at him. But jiyong still cant remain calm. “I..I..just..is..this..like..i..mean..” jiyong cant even makeup a sentence. Seungri takes a deep breath. “it is real. I love you sunbae. That’s why sunbae us.. let’s date from now on” seungri said as he leans in to give a kiss to jiyong. Jiyong could feel himself partying inside. It was amazing to kiss seungri. Seungri lips were warm and sweet. Jiyong likes them so much and noted himself to kiss seungri at least once every day.

                  “my first kiss with my first love” jiyong mutters out as he blushes really hard. His heart was beating non stop too. He just cant explain his feeling as of now. But suddenly seungri smirked. “it is not first kiss sunbae” jiyong eyes widen. He cant recall him kissing seungri before. He is sure that they haven’t kissed before. “why? It is the first time though? I m sure” seungri keeps shaking his head.

“then when? Tell me?”

“Ya lee seungri, perhaps u must have kissed with other guys and mixed with me cause I have never kissed you before for sure”

“nae nae think whatever u want, but one thing for sure is this is truly not our first kiss”

“Then tell me when?”

“YAAA LEEE SEUNGRII”

Little did jiyong knows, seungri has sneak a kiss on jiyong lip when jiyong was asleep before. (refers to ep 4)

 

A few years later,

 

                “Why r u crying hyerin-ah?” jiyong looks at the 16 years old girl in front of him who is looking like a mess from crying. “Jiyong uncle..” she keeps on crying. Jiyong gives her a sweet smile as he wipes away the tears on her face. “don’t cry. tell me what is wrong?” she timidly looks at jiyong as gives him her pink finger. “don’t tell mom and dad about this” jiyong nodded. “I have got someone that I love uncle. My first love” jiyong smiles at that first love word. “his name is choi seunghyun. But he doesn’t seem to like me back. He is close with all the other girls but he always keep the distance with me”

               Jiyong laughs at her words. “that is.. don’t you think it is because he likes you?” hyerin slowly stops crying as she forms a bright smile. “U think like that jiyong uncle?” jiyong nodded as she keeps her bright smile. “uncle.. since we are in the topic already, tell me about your first love” jiyong sits beside her as he remiscenes those memories. “Uncle will tell you about my first love. Ummm It all started with a white umbrella..”

              “Sunbae what were u talking with hyerin?” jiyong looks at his husband as he smiles to himself. “why do u always want to know everything lee seungri. I m not going to tell you” seungri pouted. “so mean kwon jiyong is evil” jiyong smiles at his husband as he steals a kiss which surprises seungri. “arhh what is that kiss for?” seungri asks him. “because I love you” and they both breaks into laughters.   

 

A rainy day.

A white umbrella.

A song on the bus.

The meeting at the library.

The night under the floating lantern.

A dance between them.

Tears that were spilled in the rain.

A very touching meeting after 5 years.

And the second kiss, according to seungri, but first to jiyong.

Jiyong never gets bored telling about them.

The story about his first love.

 


               The End.