Chapter 2 - The white umbrella and a white lie

About My First Love

                “Seungri??” jiyong looks at his two friends and nodded. “wow what’s the matter? The mighty jiyong is asking about someone” youngbae exclaim. “that’s what I m saying. Hyung what is wrong with you?” daesung joins in making jiyong sighs. “just tell me if u guys know him or not” the two guys both have that disappointed looks on their faces. “if u just pay a little attention to your surrounding, you would totally know about seungri” daesung nodded to youngbae statement. “I m just surprised that u don’t even know about him” jiyong was abit surprised. “is seungri that famous?”

               “I m sure even the other majors will know about that kid” “really why?” youngbae and daesung looks at each other. “happy virus, people call him that” daesung smiles. “tell me in detail about him” jiyong wanted to know more about that boy. He wanted to know what kind of boy is he. “but why? Why do u even want to know about him?” youngbae asks him. “just.. I just want to know” jiyong doesn’t really know why too. He is just interest in that boy. Yes, just that.

                “Lee seungri aka the happy virus. He is from first year same major with us. He goes around with a big smile on his face. And he helps everyone with almost everything. That’s why a lot of people like him. But sometimes he seem like a pushover too. But he is really popular. There are a lot of people who wants to be friend with him. But he doesn’t seem to have someone really close with him which is quite strange considering how much popular he is” youngbae ended. “what do u want to know more” jiyong shakes his head. Jiyong ponders what kind of person seungri is.

But one thing is Jiyong knows since that time that seungri is different. Seungri is unique.  

                  Jiyong opens his eyes as soon as the alarm clock went off. 5 am. Jiyong wakes up and prepare himself for school.

Jiyong always wake up earlier than his parents. The reason? Jiyong doesn’t want to see them. He doesn’t want to see the face of the man who beat him nor the face of his mom who always look so done with life. Jiyong hated them. Jiyong hated home.

                       Jiyong stares at the white umbrella in front of him. He blinked once twice. Seungri told him there is no need to give him back. But jiyong wanted to give back. Jiyong wanted to meet seungri again. And jiyong wanted to use the umbrella as an excuse. He doesn’t really know why he is going this far for that boy but right now jiyong just want to meet seungri again. “are u going now..” jiyong turns his back to his mom. “nae” he mutters and leaves the house instantly.

                        “hyung u r acting really weird. Why are u asking me to show me that kid room? Do u have some deal with him or what? What is wrong with u? you never done something like that” jiyong was regretting that he asked daesung to come with him instead of youngbae because he was afraid that youngbae would nag him. Now daesung is nagging him. “I told u I m just going to return him the umbrella” jiyong sighed feeling tired from daesung nagging. “but hyung isn’t someone lik..” “Sunbae-nim?”

Seungri voice is calming. He has that power to soothes jiyong mind with his voice. Seungri was magical.

                     “I was looking because it looks like you but it really was you” seungri beams. It makes jiyong smiles automatically. Seungri eyes shift to the umbrella in jiyong hand. “ah yes.. this I came to give you this” seungri looks at him with unexplainable eyes. “I have already give it to you. It is yours now sunbae. U don’t need to give me back” seungri frowns. Jiyong feels guilty. “but…” “white umbrella..” seungri interrupt him quickly before he can even say anything. “do u know white umbrella can bring u good things?” seungri smiles. “I want you to have good things only sunbae nim” seungri bowed at him and leaves him speechless like always.

And those words of seungri always make jiyong wonders whether if seungri was the good thing that the white umbrella brings to him.      

                    “WOW IT IS RAINNING” daesung shouted in glee. And that make youngbae smacks him. Jiyong giggles over his two friends. Jiyong glances at the white umbrella in his bag. It is such a relieve that he brings those or else he have to run in the rain like always. “bring me good things” he whispers really low. “crazy. Jiyong hyung is crazy” yet daesung managed to hear his whisper. “and that kid is crazy too how can white umbrella brings u good things? What a load of bullsh*t” daesung scoffs. “who knows, it can be true too” jiyong smiles thinking of seungri face.

                      “ya did u listen to their new album. They are really great. Jinja Daebak” daesung is talking like always. He has been talking from class to all the way here to the exit. Sometimes jiyong wonders how can he doesn’t get tired from all these talking. “seungri” a shout echo through the hall. Jiyong instinctively looks at the direction to see seungri standing there and a guy greeting him. “are u not going back?” seungri smiles. But it wasn’t sincere. Seungri looks worried. “later” “ok then I will be going first see you” the guy waves at seungri and went off. Jiyong looks at the standing seungri. He doesn’t have any umbrella in his hand.

                   Jiyong stops at the gate. “daesung and youngbae, you guys go first. I need to grab something” “what?” both of the reply. “something. Just go first. Bye” jiyong shooed them quickly. And he turn his direction and walks back to the school. He stops by at the exit door under the roof. He glances inside to see that seungri is making his way to here. “one..two..three” seungri arrived. Standing beside him. “oh sunbae” their eyes met. Jiyong was feeling nervous. There is some weird feeling inside like wanting to vomit and just trembling. “you.. don’t have umbrella.. right?” jiyong voice was a bit unstable. Seungri nodded immediately. “Let’s share my good things” seungri lips twist and they form a smile. A bright smile, a beautiful smile. “thank you sunbae-nim”

Jiyong started believing in fate only after meeting seungri.  Jiyong believe it is fate that the white umbrella created.

                      The rain was pouring as they two walks together closely in the same umbrella. Jiyong was feeling different. Being with seungri is not the same as being with youngbae or daesung or anyone else. He has never feel this way with a person before. “we have arrived” seungri cheerful voice come out. Jiyong sighed at the sight of the bus stop. Jiyong wanted to stay more with seungri. “sunbae which bus are you taking?” jiyong heart thumps. He hopes that his bus would be the same as seungri. “bus 3” one, two, three jiyong counts the silence. “oh me too” seungri said looking at the coming bus. “that’s good” jiyong whispers and smiles to himself.

Jiyong like the presence of seungri. He cant explain but he likes being with seungri.

                “let’s sit at the back sunbae” jiyong nodded and follows seungri lead. Jiyong notices that they are not much people in the bus. There are only 2 people other than them. “there are not much people today” seungri nodded. “I like it. It is quiet.” Jiyong feels chill going down. Seungri is like him. “do u want to listen” seungri hands him the earphone. One part is already in seungri ear. Jiyong takes it. But no sound comes out. Jiyong nudges seungri. “no music yet..” seungri giggles at him. “then makes music” seungri replys. Jiyong blinked once twice. “what?” he mumbles. “sing for me” seungri smiles innocently.

                  On a bus, the sudden request of seungri makes the mighty jiyong flusters. Jiyong even broke into cold sweat instant.“arghh bwo. I don’t want to” jiyong shakes his head. “why? I want to listen” seungri frowns. And it makes jiyong guilty again. Jiyong doesn’t like that.

Jiyong hated to see seungri getting sad. Jiyong hated to see even the slight sadness on seungri face. Jiyong was like that.

               Jiyong lets out a breath and prepared to sing. But then he was interrupted by seungri again. This time with a song, a song that seems to be directed at him.

"This is a story that I have never told

I gotta get this off my chest to let it go

I need to take back the light inside you stole

You're a criminal

And you steal like you're a pro

All the pain and the truth

I wear like a battle wound

So ashamed, so confused

I was broken and bruised

Now I'm a warrior

Now I've got thicker skin

I'm a warrior

I'm stronger than I've ever been

And my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in

I'm a warrior

And you can never hurt me again

Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire

You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar

I've got shame, I've got scars

That I will never show

I'm a survivor

In more ways than you know”

                  Jiyong looks at seungri who finishes his song. All jiyong could think was what is seungri. Does seungri knows about his scars? About his dad? Jiyong may be overthinking right now. Seungri might be just singing a song he likes. It may not even concerned with him. But the way how seungri appeared in his life. The way how seungri just sings a song like that for him. It is just too much for him to call coincidence. Jiyong wanted to know the truth.

                 “seungri-ah” seungri looks at him. “when did u first know me?” he looks straight into seungri eyes. “how do u know me?” one, two, seungri avoided his eyes, three. “sunbae is popular at school. Ofcourse I know you” jiyong looks away. Seungri is lying. Seungri is hiding something.

There is something that seungri is bad at and it is lying. Seungri always avoid jiyong eyes and he hesitate for three seconds when he lies. Those are seungri habits.

 And jiyong is good at catching lies. Jiyong knows when seungri lies. Jiyong knows everything, he just doesn’t say anything but he knows, just like when seungri lies him about his bus number. But jiyong doesnt know the reason though. Why does seungri need to lies him about the bus number? 

Jiyong doesn't know.                             


The song seungri sings is warrior by demi lovato ^^

I m so happy to see it is already over 70 subbers T-T

And all those comments are seriously energizing <3