Chapter 1 - The Start

About My First Love

                    “kwon jiyong” jiyong immediately turn back to see his two best friends. His name is Kwon Jiyong. Seoul university, 2nd year art and theatre major, a popular sunbae. “annyeong” he greets youngbae and daesung. “kwon jiyong kwon jiyong, how can u not even tell us about that?” youngbae asks him. jiyong continues his study as he reply the other guys. “about what” “what do you think?” jiyong shakes his head. “no idea” daesung punch him. “ya didn’t chaerin confess to you yesterday? How can u not even tell us about that” jiyong blinked. “so what?” “really daesung-ah I hate jiyong. How can he even be like that after being asked out by the hottest girl in this school?” jiyong chuckled and packed his things.

                   “it is because I don’t like her” jiyong leads his friend to the canteen. “come on u said those words with the previous girls too” youngbae sighed. “that’s right hyung. U are already 20 years old but u have never been in a relationship when u can obviously be in one” daesung support youngbae. It is just like another typical day where his friends nag him about not being in relationship. “that is because I don’t have anyone that I like” jiyong mutters. “those words again” this time both of his friend said the same words. “when will u even like someone?” youngbae asks him a question. Jiyong sighed. “It is not that I don’t like someone. It is just that I don’t like love.” he mutters.

20 years old kwon jiyong doesn’t believe in love. He doesn’t think that love is necessary too. People may call him heartless but kwon jiyong just hate the thing called love. Why? The screaming dad, crying mom and the kid who is beaten. The scar hidden underneath his clothes are the reason why he is scared of love. He is scared because love can change. And it can change into a scary thing.

 But on that particular rainy day, kwon jiyong meets someone. Someone who he calls his first love.

                    “I know I know. I m coming” jiyong hangs up his phone. He was annoyed. He wakes up late and now he is late for meeting at school and on top of it, it is raining. And jiyong doesn’t bring umbrella only today when he brings everyday. Such a bad luck day for him. He is standing under a shelter in front of an apartment and just praying that rain will stop. “excuse me” jiyong wasn’t sure if that was intended to him or not. But he decided to take a quick glance.

The boy wasn’t too thin. He has quite white skin. And his dark eye bags were visible. In another way he looks like a panda. He is slightly shorter than jiyong.

And his smile….feels nice. His teeth were showing and he was smiling wide. He looks like a kid who doesn’t have anything to worry in the world. He looks kind.

His eyes were shining too. They look like a pair of big star and jiyong feels like he can get lost in those eyes.

To sum up, the kid cant be considered handsome but he looks warm. So warm.

                “excuse me” the kid waves and it knocks jiyong from his thoughts. It was strange. Jiyong doesn’t act like that with other people. He never looks at a stranger that long before. But this kid, jiyong wanted to stare at him for a long time. “I was watching u and saw that u can’t go because of the rain. So here” the kid hands him an umbrella, it was a white one. “use this one” the kid smiles  widely again which makes jiyong smiles instantly. “Thank you. I really need it” after jiyong said those words, the air was awkward. None of them said anything but still stand there. “ummm.. so I will return this tom…” “no it ok. Just take it. U don’t need to return it” the guy interrupt him quickly which make jiyong a bit taken back. Is that because that guy doesn’t want to see him again?

                 “nae.. thank u again then I will go” jiyong smiles at the guy as he turn away. One step, two step, three step, he was slowly getting away from him. Jiyong was feeling weird. He wanted to see that boy again. He doesn’t want it to end it here. With all his courage, jiyong turns around. But he wasn’t there anymore. Jiyong quickly scan the apartment, hoping that he would have some clues about where he lives. But nothing. Jiyong sighed. And he turns around leaving from there.

He thought it was the end. The meeting with a stranger who makes him strange. The warm looking boy comes back into his life again when he wasn’t even expecting.

             “and shoooot, the ball went in” “wow so intense” youngbae and daesung were discussing about the movie daesung watched last night. And jiyong as usual was studying. They were at their favorite spot. The bench in front of the library. There are almost no one at there. And jiyong like the quietness. “ya kwon jiyong you too please stop studying. If anyone saw u, they might think u r from medical since u study all the time” youngbae nudged him. “yes hyung relax a bit and have fun” jiyong smiles. “I will be at library. Let’s meet at the class” jiyong stands up as the other guys starting shouting at him. “seriously he is never going to change. He will die alone at this rate” “Ya I can hear you” jiyong shout back at youngbae who start gossiping as soon as he leaves.

               Jiyong breathes in the air. He loves the air in here. It is filled with warm. Books produce some kind of warmth. Especially old book. And jiyong love the scent. Jiyong immediately go to the old book section which is at the very last place. These day, people prefer the modern book to the old one. So there are not that much people at the back. And jiyong love that more. He loves being alone. He would always lay down at the last section and read. Sometime he even forgets the time and misses classes. That’s how much jiyong enjoy the library.

But that day, there was someone else. Someone who is laying down there with a book on his face. He seems like he fell asleep while reading. And he was jiyong’s stranger.

                Jiyong steps were stopped by the sleeping boy. He takes a look at the book. It was a poem book written by shakespear. Jiyong chuckled. And that little noise wake up the sleeping boy. “umm…” the boy stretches as soon as he wakes up without even opening the eyes. Jiyong looks at his face. He was surprised that he still remembers about the boy. He is someone who usually doesn’t care about the surrounding so he doesn’t really remember people. But this stranger was different. Different for jiyong. “oh!” the boy exclaimed. Jiyong smiles at the boy instantly. “a person is here” that was all. Jiyong blinked once twice. The boy doesn’t seem to remember him. Not at all.

              “I was reading for my assignment and I fell asleep” the boy packs the thing and explain the situation to jiyong. But all jiyong could think was why the boy cant remember. They met 5 days ago and how can the boy forget him already? Jiyong could feel his pride getting hurt. “I m sorry” the boy cutely smile as he was ready to go. One step, two step, three step, again the boy was getting further from him. “Hey umbrella” the boy stopped and slowly turned. Jiyong can see a bright smile on the boy face.

                “So u remember me” jiyong heart skips a beat after hearing those words. The boy hasn’t forgotten about him. “ofcourse..” jiyong avoid the eye contact. For some reason, he cant just look into those eyes. “I guess we will meet each other more” the boy let out a small laugh. “Kwon Jiyong Sunbae-Nim” the boy bowed at him. Jiyong cant help but be surprised again. How does he know his name? and sunbae? Is he in the same major? As many question arise in jiyong head, he can see the boy in front of him turning away again. “ahem” he cleared his throat. And it grabs the boy attention.

“What is your name, umbrella?” the boy smiles again at him. “Seungri.. Lee Seungri”

And that was the start of kwon jiyong's first love.


First chapter is up !!

Howwwww was it??

And thank you for all the support <3