Chapter 07

Skipping Class

That sick feeling in his gut washed over him. It became hard to hold himself up. Myungsoo, noticing, helped him sit down. Myungsoo told him he would go get the nurse as he ran into the school. Woohyun couldn't understand the pain but all of it was far too sudden. He was sick with himself, knowing that the same words that Sunggyu had said to him had come out of his mouth unconsciously made him nauseas. He knew that he should apologize for overacting.         

Although his heart was still racing and his stomach ached, Woohyun entered class with Myungsoo after twenty minutes in the infirmary. Myungsoo supported him with his arm slung over his shoulder. Woohyun could see everyone looking at him. He assumed they’d all be staring  out of confusion and curiosity, especially Sunggyu. He looked the most conflicted.

    “What’s wrong with him?” Professor Kang asked, pointing in Woohyun’s direction with his yard stick.

        “He got sick on the way to school.” Myungsoo answered.

    Myungsoo walked Woohyun to his seat and he slid into the desk chair with a grunt.  Still noticeably in pain as he held onto his gut, Kang told him to put his head down. Woohyun rested his head on one of his larger textbooks and looked out the window. He could see the clouds drifting slowly in the distance.

    He don’t know how much time had passed since he sat there thinking but as he was tapped on the shoulder he came back to reality. He turned the direction of his head away from the window.

        “Are you alright?”

    Sunggyu was kneeled down at his desk, eye level with him. Woohyun hid his face from him.

        “Hey...hey! Are you ignoring me on purpose now?”

        “No..” He say in a small voice.

Sunggyu rubs the top of his head.

    “Come on, Woohyun.”

    “Please go away.”

 

     Woohyun didn’t want him so close to his face. It made his stomach hurt more. He don’t want his stomach to hurt anymore, but every time he  see Sunggyu it twists into knots. He can feel Sunggyu rest his hand on his exposed cheek. And it’s no surprise how warm his hand is.

    The empty room stood still. His head was spinning but Woohyun sat up in his chair. With his face red as ever and his eyes tearing, He threw his arms around Sunggyu’s neck . And when Sunggyu stood up, he picked Woohyun up with him; his arms holding onto him tightly. Woohyun  can feel the tips of Sunggyu’s fingers press into his back.

        “I don’t want you to hurt”

    When Woohyun pulls his head back Sunggyu kisses every tear streaming down his face and stares into his eyes as if he too would start crying.

        “Woohyun, I really like you and it pains me to see you like this.”

        “Stop saying you like me..”

    But Sunggyu kisses him on the lips briefly. Woohyun feels weak in his legs but Sunggyu’s arms hold him up. Woohyun’s head turned and Sunggyu’s hand fell on his jaw. Woohyun kissed him back and as he kissed him he fell in love.