Aftermath

Skipping Class

Woohyun reaches into his closet to pull out his school uniform for the last time. He’d gotten a spare blazer from the school storage after his own had been tattered. Woohyun had gotten up early that morning to prepare himself. Something felt unsettling about graduation. He’d been accepted into university in January, just weeks after his 18th birthday. He wasn't sure if he felt ready yet though.

He's smoothing down the edges of his shirt in the mirror when Sunggyu approaches from behind. He rests his chin on Woohyun’s shoulder while his hands circle the boy’s waist.

“Morning,” He says, angling his head to plant a kiss on Woohyun’s neck.

Sunggyu gave his boyfriend a squeeze before turning and plopping back onto their bed.

"Do I look okay?”  

Woohyun’s hands move frantically across his body, adjusting and reverting small details. Sunggyu leans up on his elbows to get a better look. He smiles to himself.

“You look perfect, stop worrying.” Sunggyu extends his arms out to Woohyun “Come back to bed, it's still early.”

Woohyun stepped toward the bed. He takes Sunggyu's hand in his, pulling it to his lips. Woohyun is taken by surprise when Sunggyu yanks him down. He falls onto Sunggyu by sheer force. Woohyun protests trying to fix himself, but Sunggyu holds his arms down, leaning in to kiss him.

“You're mine, first and foremost.”

Woohyun gave in. 10 more minutes in bed wouldn’t kill him.

The ceremony began 2 pm. Sungwoo took off work to attend, with him was the girl from the cafe. The two allegedly began dating around December and were still going strong. Sunggyu drove, Woohyun sat in the passenger and the others in the back. Woohyun couldn't stop shaking his leg. When people discovered his obvious closeness with Sunggyu, he’d become anxious at school. He thought that if anyone found out about their relationship Sunggyu’s career would be ruined before it even began. Successfully making it through student teaching at Woohyun's high school was the last step to Sunggyu's university degree. Without it, he could never teach.

Sunggyu notices Woohyun's tension and places his hand on the boy's thigh. Woohyun turns his head but Sunggyu keeps his eyes on the road.

"I've got you." 

At the venue, Sunggyu and Woohyun part ways. Sunggyu goes to sit beside other teachers. Woohyun watches as he laughs with them. He thinks that Sunggyu is a good guy, one who shouldn’t have been wrapped up in so much drama. Sunggyu could have lived a much more simple and quiet life. Fell in love with anyone. 

And in that moment Sunggyu looks across the room as he does and finds Woohyun staring back and smiles wide. But he chose me.

When they're alone again, Woohyun hangs his uniform in the very back of his closet and sets the diploma on the dresser. Sunggyu loosens his tie and s his dress shirt midway. It's late in the night now and they've had a beer or two. The two sink into each other under thin sheets. Woohyun feels through the dark to trace the other's lines with of his fingers. Over his cheekbones, nose, lips, jaw, everything.

He wants to remember this love and every detail of it forever. To know that at this moment, he had a kind of happiness and that's all he ever needed.

sometimes we don’t look for the love we deserve but

sometimes that love has a knack of finding us in the most beautiful ways.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Guys !! long time no see!!! I really wanted to make final changes to the story line as a whole so you might have to go back and read through again (sorry!)I'm unsure if I want to add anything after this but I wanted to give something small (at least for now) to wrap things up for now ( maybe I'll make a sequel fic who knows)

Thank you all for your patience over the years and for supporting me and this dumb story!!

-Katie