DAY 250

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DEAR MY QUEEN
Author: greyrani
Genre: romance, angst

 

DAY 250

That night, I didn’t come to your chamber. I chose to visit Umika instead. My sudden visit rather startled her, but I proceeded with what I have in mind.

“How long have you served Shida House?” I asked without further ado.

I knew Umika was your lady-in-waiting before you sent her to be my concubine. However, I haven’t known the whole story.

“Since I was ten years old,” Umika who was sitting across me answered. “So, it’s about ten years, Your Highness.”

“Then you must know about Nakajima Yuto. Tell me about him.”

“Nakajima-san is an orphan. He was brought by Her Highness’s father to Shida house a few months after me, and has been trained as one of Shida's knights ever since.”

“Is he close with her?”

“Her? Oh, do you mean Her Highness?”

I nodded.

Umika suddenly looked at me cautiously as she answered, “He taught her Highness about horse riding, and since he is five years older Her Highness considers him as an older brother.”

“Is it really as an older brother only?”

“Pardon me, Your Highness, but if you’re worried about his closeness with Her Highness, I think you could be at ease. Nakajima-san is engaged to a maiden by name Ohgo Suzuka.”

“Being engaged doesn’t mean you’re free from cheating,” I sarcastically remarked.

I stood up from my seat right after. “I'm leaving.”

Umika widened her eyes, “It's been so late at night, Your Highness. “

Usually I would stay overnight if my talk with her lasted pass midnight, sleeping in separate chamber, so it’s understandable she was surprised that I didn’t stay.

I didn’t give Umika any explanation because I didn’t have any obligation to her. It’s only a few hours before dawn breaking, but I couldn’t stop my feet from taking steps towards your quarter.

Ever since Nakajima Yuto appeared, I’ve never missed a night visiting you until today. However, coming to your place at this hour might create unnecessary noise among your guards, so I sent my soldier to run first to give notice about my visit to your guards.

I was greeted directly by Nakajima Yuto who subtly hinted a question why I visited so late at night.

“Do you have a problem with me visiting my own wife, Captain?”

He bowed slightly, “Pardon if I indirectly offense you, Your Highness. “

I dismissed his apology, “You didn’t wake her up, did you? I don’t want her rest disturbed.”

“No, Your Highness, as your wish.”

“Good.”

I wasn’t completely convinced yet I let it slip as I continued my way to enter your chamber. The maid who was guarding your door for the night opened the door for me. Quietly, I made my steps approaching the bed on where you’re sleeping.

The thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter