DAY 710

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DEAR MY QUEEN

Author: greyrani

Genre: romance, angst

 

DAY 710

Finally, I met the new heir of your family, Shida Kei; a man with slender built and smiling pretty face which could easily lure people. He presented himself gracefully like a noble he was. I wondered why my late father didn’t warn me about the very existence of such character in your family; or did my father not acknowledge him as a threat, since just by seeing his smile, a chill of fear run down my spine. I wasn’t sure whether I was overreacting, yet it’s always better to be careful.

Pushing aside about the court affair, I also put extra attention on you. It wasn’t only because you’re with my child, but also because the last encounter with you had me doubt you even more. Your pregnancy is in the third month yet you are still attending the court with me, using a thick dress to hide the little bump of your belly.  For that, I admire your strong will.

Another matter that got my attention was Chinen Yuri. He had given me some valuable information about your family, and he suggested me not to tell anyone first, even Keito who is my first trusted advisor. I understood the risk, because even until now, we haven’t figured out who is the traitor among my minion or who is the last weapon in your family’s plan.

However, just yesterday night, Yuri reported to me shocking news. Your family was attempting to assassinate Kawashima Umika who once was your lady-in-waiting and my concubine. Fortunately that she was saved. Yuri was there when your father instructed a team of assassins to carry out the plan, shutting Umika’s mouth up, thus he could intercept the mission while protecting his identity.

“Be careful, Your Majesty,” Yuma whispered to me as he was guarding me to the hideout where Yuri kept Umika alive.

When I reached the place, Yuri was already waiting, face masked. He told me that he hadn’t talked to Umika since he saved her. She appeared to be quite traumatized with the murder attempt she experienced.

“What’s your importance that they spare the effort to silent you?” I directly asked when coming face to face with her.

Umika looked at me with obvious horror in her eyes, yet she refused to give me an honest answer.

“I don’t know, Your Majesty,” she whispered, casting down her gaze.

I sighed. I realized that interrogating her would not be fruitful if I wasn’t patient. Women, is a creature of emotions. I would have to resort manipulating those emotions to get the answers out of her.

I sent Yuma and Yuri to wait outside. As I was alone with her, I dragged a chair before her and sat down, facing her. She looked at me still with fear, so I softened my expression.

A ghost of smile curved up by itself on my face when I softly told her, “Mirai is pregnant.”

Her head snapped; eyes widened. “My lady… is pregnant?”

She hadn’t lost her respect to you. She keeps calling you her lady even though she is a free soul now.

I nodded, “No one but us knows about it at the moment because we decide to keep it a secret for the time being.”

“Congratulations, Your Majesty,” she said.

I leaned back, relaxing. “What are you congratulating me for?”

She was confused. I realized she started loosen up, even subconsciously.

“Isn’t that a great news that Your Majesty would soon be a father?” she asked.

I snorted, “I’m not even sure that the baby is mine.”

Her eyes widened, but I continued speaking, “It could be Captain Nakajima’s. After all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter