DAY 210

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DEAR MY QUEEN
Author: greyrani
Genre: romance, angst

 

DAY 210

 

I should praise your move, wife. You’re one step ahead of me.


You succeeded in surprising me this morning. I didn’t expect your visit that early though it is actually a custom in which a wife makes a morning visit to help her husband prepare for the day. Yet since you didn’t bother to execute that custom this past month, I thought you completely ignored it.


Showing you my unguarded expression when I just woke up from sleep was my defeat indeed, but it was just a beginning. The game is still far from over.


“Her Majesty Mother Queen expects our visit this morning, honored husband,” you said with your usual composure and business smile.

“And none of you bother to inform me?” my tone clearly hinted my displeasure upon not receiving any prior notice.

“Pardon me,” you bowed slightly, gracefully. “I was about to send notice but you're still busy with your hunting spree, my lord.”

I sighed.

“I’m here to assist you prepare for today, if you don’t mind, honored husband,” as you looked up, I met with your challenging gaze.

I tried my best to muster a smile, “There is no need for that, honored wife. Don’t stain your hands with rough works. I’ll have my maids prepared my needs. You just wait for me in the front room… or wherever you wish since it’s basically your house, too.”

“Then, I'll wait here to assist you later in wearing your attire, honored husband.”

“Fine,” I replied before leaving my chamber to the bathhouse.

While I’ve been used to have maids help me dressing, having you did it made me quite nervous, and I knew you could feel that by seeing your amused smile. I knew then that I should get used to such intimate interaction with you sooner.


The visit to my Majesty Mother turned out rather dull. I wasn’t that close to her after all. She never let me get close to her since I was a child because she thought it would make me less independent. She thought that as the future King, I should interact more with knights and men generally rather than seeking comfort from her nor play with girls, including you. She was also the one who suggested my Majesty Father to send me away to study. She thought it would make me learn about being responsible and tough. She was strict, even stricter than father. Yet, I knew she was wishing me to be a good ruler, thus I didn’t complain.

However, now my mother was putting her attention on you. She deman

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter