DAY 800

Dear My Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
DEAR MY QUEEN

Author: greyrani

Genre: angst, romance

 

DAY 800

Days passed as I gather my strength, planning my plot. Every second was precious. My country and my life was the stake. Negligence would cost too much.

It’s been twenty days since I found out that Keito was actually my cousin. Nothing change between me and him but the slight increase of awareness of danger in me. Keito was my childhood friends. Who would think that he was a bastard of my uncle’s, born from an unknown mistress and sneaked into one of his noble allies.

Night finally came. I immediately called for Yuma. Once my personal head-guard arrived, I wasted no time. Quitting the paperwork, I changed into a royal guard uniform, disguising myself for tonight’s mission. Yuma carefully lead me to one of the secret tunnels about the king’s quarter. There were many secret passages in the palace, and most of it located in the king’s quarter. Only the king himself and the headguard that would be qualified to have this kind of information about the palace design.

Instead of leading us outside the palace, the tunnel we were walking on tonight brought us to a secret chamber within the depth of inner palace’s underground. Yuma unlocked the door, and once it opened, a dimly lighted room welcomed me. I saw Kawashima Umika in one corner.

“Your Majesty,” she stood then curtsied.

I swept my gaze quickly around the room. It was the first time I visited her since we moved her to this chamber. Regarding that Chinen Yuri would not be able to guard her all the time since it would not only rise suspicion but also endanger his infiltration in Shida family, the decision was made.

After a moment, I straightly questioned her, “Does Mirai know about medicine?”

She was hesitant before answering, “Her Highness liked to read about anything, including medicine.”

“Does she or does she not know about medicine?” I repeated, emphasized each word.

Umika slightly startled at my firm tone, answering, “She knows, Your Majesty.”

“She said a maid in Shida manor taught her about it. Who was she?”

“People in Shida manor called her Yoriko. She was an old maid around fifty years old.”

Fifty years old? When Manami Sayuri gave birth, she was still twenty, and now that Mirai was eighteen, Manami Sayuri should haven’t reached forty yet. Unless she faked her appearance or... that person was indeed not Manami Sayuri.

“Tell me more,” he instructed.

“She... she taught Her Highness about herbs, but most of Her Highness’ knowledge and skill in medicine... it came from self-learning.”

I heard more details from Umika, and after I felt enough, I directly said, “Since you’re confident with your mistress’ skill, I want you to do something.”

I gave the order I had thought for a long time.

“I’ll arrange so it will look as if you accidentally meet her. Tell her now you’re working under a cruel master and ask her to help you escape this master.”

“But... Her Highness will uncover the lies in no time. Captain Nakajima is an intelligent soldier.”

I snorted, “Don’t you think this king will have at least several people superior than him?”

Umika’s eyes widened with surprise and fear of offending me. “Pardon my careless mouth, Your Majesty.”

I was silent for a brief moment before continuing, “To help you escape your master, ask her to refine a specific poison; the kind that will reduce all the vital signs of life and put someone into the worst of coma. Also, this poison has to be odorless, tasteless, and have the quality to be undetected even by silver needle.”

“Why it should be that poison?”

She asked about the reason but since when a king should tell people reasons to make an order?

“If you believe your mistress is a good person, then just do as I said.”

Feeling nothing much I wanted to say, I took steps out, and just when the door was opened, Umika suddenly asked.

“Would it... would it harm Her Highness?”

I knew Umika’s loyalty lied with you, my queen, and otherwise Umika knew I loved you too much to hurt you. Hence my answer came, “This is done because I trust her. Whether or not it will harm her, it depends on her ownself.”

*****

Back in my chamber, Yuma stood attentively as I changed the royal guard uniform into my night attire, a black robe with golden thread dragon embroidery.

“Your Majesty, I would invite royal doctor Yaotome over,” Yuma spoke politely.

“What for?”

“Your Majesty’s health hasn’t been checked for a while. I’m afraid that...”

Yuma couldn’t continue his words, but I understood. Lightly I waved my hand, si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter